It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I Quote the Bible in my Posts, It Does Not Automatically Mean I Am a Christian!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I Just want to set the record straight on this one. I have done a couple of couple of posts here in on ATS in the last week, quoting the Bible for support to some of my arguments. I am then criticized in the comments by some for being a "religious fanatic", or people slam my credibility as a whole for even quoting the book.

Well, for the record, I am not a Christian! I am not a follower of any organized religion. But that doesn't mean I can't quote the Bible, or the Quran, or Gita, as all of those books contain jewels of knowledge and spiritual wisdom engrained in their texts. 

The bible is an esoteric goldmine of hidden/occult teachings if you can read between the lines and not take everything so literal; it is meant to read allegorically. In fact the whole book is one astrological allegory; it might as well be labeled the Astrology Book.  The writers of the bible (the Essenes) had to encode their knowledge this way, as if they wrote it in a way that was more literal too many undeserving people would get the message. The message is, of course, one of unity, oneness, love and compassion, and the creation of man and the cosmos, and is demonstrated by the numerous tales in the bible. The message in the Bible is NOT about Jesus Christ being the only son of God, nor is it about that the only way to salvation can come through Jesus (Jesus himself says that the kingdom of God lies within). This is fiction created by the pope to have us worshipping man instead of God, which is a form of idolatry, which the bible itself condemns. The only man we should we be worshipping/idolizing is ourselves, as we alone hold the key to our own destiny. 

The Bible is a powerful book, in that it can set the wise free and can enslave the dumb whom take it as literal.

I will continue to quote the bible in my future threads, because again, I consider it a treasure chest of knowledge, wisdom, and understanding of both the microcosm and the macrocosm. 

So if I or anybody else does this, don't be so quick to assume that we're naïve, gullible religious nutcases (no offence if you are one of these people)! I am far from that and personally can't stand religious dogma neither. 

That is all. 

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Just dont use "Namaste" *gag*

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: sekerofknowlege

For More info on the Bible being an astrological allegory, I highly recommend Santos Bonnacci's YouTube channel. The guys simply brilliant.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Judge NOT lest ye be judged for forgiveness is divine!

Run people.

The religion might rub off.

edit on 17-1-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I am sure that you don't really have to explain your opinion of
the Bible,it is obvious what your opinion is.Have a nice day!

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
You kinda sound like you are making excuses and wanting to have it both ways-or many ways for others to interpret your posts - like we readers are "supposed" to automatically know that you arn't "really" religious, or Christian, or? I guess it all got lost in your attempt at translating your usage of religious material. Huh?

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I quote the Bible a lot because it can say things much better than I.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Bonacci calls Madame Blavatsky the great occultist.

He's also spreading Luciferian New Age propaganda as fact.

From a comment posted below the video you linked:

Dangerous knowledge that seeks to destroy the soul. This so called enlightened Santos places the worship of planets above God. Do not be deceived by this clever serpent, weaving imaginative stories, mixing truth with imaginative fiction to tempt the mind. Where is Santos now? Fake identity, running from the law and is a fugitive. What can he do with his so called 'enlightened' state? Absolutely nothing. He looks like the living dead.

Anyone who says the bible is not to be taken literally clearly works for the dark side.

Allegorical interpretation is nothing but a massive propaganda tool.

Archaeology alone proves that the literalists are correct.

Historically when people do not like what a document says or they want to make it fit their philosophical bent they allegorize that document. This is what Philo did with the Jewish Bible in Alexandria, Egypt and, early on, some Christians picked up this habit from him and imported it into the church.

digitalcommons.liberty.edu...

If you don't believe the Bible....fine...don't believe it. But don't suggest that one part should be taken allegory when another part of the Bible CLEARLY indicates that it isn't. I'm guessing you don't do that with other forms of literature, do you?

If you have a history book on George Washington, do you decide to read chapter 3 as an allegory, but the rest of it as fact simply because you don't want to believe the events of chapter 3 took place? If chapter 14 is believed to be historical---and it refers to the events of chapter 3 as historical....why would you believe chapter 3 to be allegory?

Is The Bible Literal Or Allegorical?

When the plain sense of Scripture makes common sense, seek no other sense; therefore, take every word, at its primary, ordinary, usual, literal meaning unless the facts of the immediate context, studied in the light of related passages and axiomatic and fundamental truths, indicate clearly otherwise.

The Golden Rule of Interpretation

Those holding to an allegorical interpretation of the Bible point to a variety of scriptures and use them as proof-texts for the claim that God intended for His Word to be interpreted allegorically, and as we shall see, many of these verses have been taken out of context or redefined so as to give the appearance of supporting the false allegorical mode of interpretation. www.scribd.com...

originally posted by: BO XIAN
In many dozens, hundreds of cases, THE LITERALISTS WERE ALWAYS PROVEN CORRECT as archaeology uncovered more and more confirmation that the Bible was literally true in detail after detail. Some things are literal AND symbolic, both/and. I don't think a great number of things in the Bible are primarily or only symbolic.

edit on 1.17.2018 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it...

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The problem with Bonacci is that he has spent 26 years of his life under one of the most powerful forms of mind control there is (Jehovah's Witness).

He has been thoroughly brainwashed by the elite to hate Christianity and because of this fact, he has truth and religion confused.

They have NOTHING in common.

Bonacci uses Catholicism to discredit Christianity.

That one single fact ALONE tells me that he is 100% out of touch with reality.

This makes just as much sense as equating all Christians with the Westboro Baptist 'church'.

FYI: some citation links are no longer working.

Image Source

Santos Bonacci is one of many disinformation agents running around promoting sun worship and the condemnation of Christianity. His work includes an old trick used by the now debunked ‘Zeitgeist’ film, claiming that the Holy Bible is an astro-theological hybrid, a fancy term which means it is a metaphorical story, chronicling the journey our beloved Sun takes along the constellations of our solar system throughout the year.

Disinformation agents utilize bits of truth to rope the viewer in so that you trust the person giving you the information. Once they have your trust, they insert lies, and many of them, hoping you will not do the background work to verify the claims, because you now trust that you are hearing the truth, leaving you misinformed and chasing down a rabbit hole that leads to no where. These disinformation agents are also called “gatekeepers” by many truth seekers, guarding the real truth from those who search for it using lies and distractions.

DISINFORMATION Santos Bonacci

Bonacci quotes other Luciferians in his lectures as well, including Michael Tsarion, who has been debunked. Tsarion is also friends with Jordan Maxwell, who is a Freemason, and an actor who also played Bill Cooper. More on that here, here and here. Bonacci also recommends you read books by Jordan Maxwell. In fact, most of his book recommendations are of an anti-Christian nature that attempts to blame religion for the problems of the world.

If you are still a Santos Bonacci fan, have you ever asked yourself the question, “Why does Santos Bonacci care so much about what everyone else thinks about Christianity and astrotheology?” It’s as simple as that. No matter how hard he tries, he can’t prove himself to be correct, he can just talk everyone into believing what he says until they do. And that’s what he’s currently doing. All it takes is some real research on what he’s saying and you will see what I mean.

You may be wondering how I know Santos Bonacci is a disinformation agent. Other than the fact that he takes truths from Vedic Astrology which comes from Hinduism and mixes them with falsehoods perpetuated by the Zeitgeist films, he cites one of his idols as being Manly P. Hall. This is key. Manly P. Hall was a 33rd degree Freemason, which means he was Luciferian. Whether Satan exists or not is irrelevant. Do you want a Luciferian teaching you what to believe?

SANTOS BONACCI-LUCIFERIAN & EX Jehovah Witness

edit on 1.17.2018 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it...

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I hear you. Most sane and intelligent people search and use all sacred texts for many reasons.

Only ignorant people think magic happens when you read something written by a person with a different race, creed or lifestyle than your birth culture.

edit on 1 17 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I think anyone who parrots scripture doesn't know what they are talking about. Unless you can put it into your own words its meaningless goat herding drivel from 2000 years ago.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Anyone who believes that the Lord Jesus Christ doesn't know what he's talking about might just be a WEE bit out of touch with reality.

He referred to 24 different Old Testament books 78 different times that we know of.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I've always been astonished that God, the omnipotent, all knowing Omniscient, wrote The old Testament then changed his mind and changed the rules in His New one.

I've heard all the rationalizations and they sound like BS made up by men that didn't want to follow the old rules.

"Moshe, call the scribes, we need a New Testament...That old one seems a bit harsh"
edit on 17-1-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Please dont
you have no idea what you are talking about when you quote the bible.

Worshiping yourself, at the cost of others, kinda describes this whole thread

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I've always been astonished that God, the omnipotent, all knowing Omniscient, wrote The old Testament then changed his mind and changed the rules in His New one.

I've heard all the rationalizations and they sound like BS made up by men that didn't want to follow the old rules.

"Moshe, call the scribes, we need a New Testament...That old one seems a bit harsh"

No he didnt change the rules for everyone, God changed mankinds hearts with the Holy Spirit

The same old rules exist for those not in Christ.

The old still stands, Christians are just under a new covenant

You have no idea, thats sad
edit on 17-1-2018 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: olaru12

No he didnt change the rules for everyone, God changed mankinds hearts with the Holy Spirit

The same old rules exist for those not in Christ.

The old still stands, Christians are just under a new covenant

You have no idea, thats sad

That sounds like another rationalization I refereed to earlier....

ps, your spiritual arrogance is showing!!
edit on 18-1-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   
The organized 501c3 denominal Anglicized interpretation of scripture is exactly what Jesus said it would be.

They believe in some wide-path 99 percenter revisionism, which is Luciferianism. Mainstream Christianity proves the antichrist theory.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Maybe you should consider coming out of the closet. Stop being theophobic.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   
That is painfully correct.

a reply to: AdKiller

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Cool,

A thread about yourself.

In the philosophy and metaphysics forum.

What is the philosophy you follow...

If thou ego is great enough thy will post all about themselves and how others don't get them.?

Why not post this rant

in the

wait for it

Rant section/forum?

The thread is about you. you rant about yourself and how others shouldn't be so quick to assume.

Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to assume others have concluded such simply because you posted bible passages but by how you express yourself.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join