It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Want Only The Best People

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: StallionDuck

you mean to tell me there are hardworking, decent, smart people that can come out of a *hole? this is what i have been saying all along.

Yeah, who has said otherwise?

The president reportedly. Which is what people are upset about:

"Haiti? Why do we want people from Haiti here?"

'Why do we want these people from all these #hole countries here? We should have more people from places like Norway."

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Edumakated

NJ is a suburb of NYC? I live in NJ and I'm about 2 hours from NYC (about the same distance as DC) and far closer to Philly (35-40 min).

So you've concluded that everyone who lives in a couple hundred mile radius of NYC is "Wall Street money?" Neat.

I didn't say "couple of hundred miles". You can't possibly be this dense. You know very well that NJ and Connecticut have suburbs which are popular commuter options for Wall Street.

My father in law worked on Wall Street and commuted from Morristown, NJ to Manhattan for almost 20 years. You also know very well that there are commuter trains running from Jersey into Manhattan. Hoboken, Montclair, etc. You also know that it is Wall Street money that is floating around the highest income Jersey communities that show up in the statistics you posted.

The same exact thing with Connecticut which is a haven for hedgefunds and private equity.

Dude, you are so indigenous that it sometimes hurts.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
That #hole comment really triggered the # out of you huh?

That's because there are very sensitive people in the world. You have to go easy with them or you could trigger a mental breakdown, or a suicide.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: StallionDuck

you mean to tell me there are hardworking, decent, smart people that can come out of a *hole? this is what i have been saying all along.

Yeah, who has said otherwise?

The president reportedly. Which is what people are upset about:

"Haiti? Why do we want people from Haiti here?"

'Why do we want these people from all these #hole countries here? We should have more people from places like Norway."

Neither of those quotes say we wouldnt allow anyone from haiti in, or that they courldnt be successful.

The context of the comments was the diversity lottery being discussed to take in people from those countries.

He has every right to ask why we should use country of origin and have so many crummy countries be the first measure for people getting in under this immigration policy.

He never said he would kick people out. He has publicly said he wants a merit system that would take people from anywhere.

He never said there cant be brilliant haitians.

You are making that up because you dont like trump.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Again, the US is not a perfect place. And you defending the fact that Haiti is not in fact a sh-hole is silly. But I will leave you to it.
And yes most people would want to live on a white sandy beach or in a Château in France. But the grass is rarely greener on the other side, with the exception of comparing 3rd world countries with 1st world. But feel free to keep up the laughable comparison.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler
Allmost all the things i love is american. But the real oldschool immigrant anti redcoat establishment american. You know lile back when a few guys from #hole countried banded together to fight the douchebag monarkies who tried to lanel them #hole traitor terroris because they sougjt to better and define there lives. For the record i love the idea and effort and pure elbowgrease that Usa is built on! Bit i see none of that dignity and acceptance in your feebled fight for establishing the right kind of people! I feel sorry that you claim respect and entitlement for the EQUAL RIGHT TO THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS that former generations fought and died to create. You my obnoxious friend act unamerican. And that has to be offending commin from a guy half the world away

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Maybe people from Norway do not want to move to the U.S.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Why would good people move too a country who elected a #hole racist draft dodger?

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Haiti is a sh*thole though... I never suggested otherwise...
I am rather convinced that every single country on Earth qualifies as a sh*thole, while we’re at it.

What I did question was the hatemongering and blind attitude to your own country’s sh*ttiness when you tried to make your dumb original point to Ante.

It’s not laughable at all, you’re just being wholly ignorant in the process of masking a terrible choice of words from Trump.

Fully ignoble thread participation, undoubtedly!

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I said that the US is not perfect,

I will type it harder if that will make it get through the fogginess of hurt feelers.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: NikolaT

I wasn't going to say that but

I guess the bigly genius, master negotiator cannot figure out if people live in nice clean, safe countries they are probably fairly happy there. And that people who live in unsafe, dirty, poor countries might want for better..some genius.
edit on 17-1-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

2017 want their terminology back.

Also... Satirical commentary has never been a symptom of being triggered.

I hope he gave you a treat for that.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Maybe people from Norway do not want to move to the U.S.

That's fine.

We have plenty of Americans who need jobs first.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

And I firmly believe home grown citizens should want and get the jobs 1st, trouble is, and this is true in any 1st world country..people get the idea that some jobs are beneath them.
It is a double edged sword though, around here visible minorities have driven the wages down by accepting less, a race to the bottom.
edit on 17-1-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2018 by vonclod because: spelling error

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I said that the US is not perfect,

I will type it harder if that will make it get through the fogginess of hurt feelers.

I didn’t need nor want you to say the US is not perfect...
It’s a universally obvious reality that has no use in discussion.

I’m not saying what I say so you will get through to me, I already know what you’re doing.
You can live in eternal bliss as much as you wish.

I think you’re mistaking my amusement and mockery of your nonsensical denialism as some sort of attempt to bring you out of darkness...

“Hurt feelers”? Sure, guy.
Falling back to such drivel is a sure sign of having no valid point.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

2017 want their terminology back.

Also... Satirical commentary has never been a symptom of being triggered.

I hope he gave you a treat for that.

Ante is notoriously greedy with his treats.
Unless you praise him by name you can forget about being a recipient.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Thanks for the info. That’s sad. Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas have the highest infant mortality rates just for another measurement. We have a higher mortality rate than 25 other industrialized nations.

www.cdc.gov...

www.cdc.gov...

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

What am I denying?

I wish I was on the same page. I have no idea what your point is.
edit on 17-1-2018 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I didn't say "couple of hundred miles". You can't possibly be this dense. You know very well that NJ and Connecticut have suburbs which are popular commuter options for Wall Street.

Yes and I also know that those suburbs are neither entirely populated with folks working on Wall Street nor is the entirety of the state. All told, how many people do you think are employed on Wall Street? Tens of thousands? How many of them live in either NJ or CT and what percentage of the population do they make up? There's 9 million people in NJ alone.

Here's what you said again:

New Jersey: Suburb of NYC. Wall Street money.

District of Columbia: Again, lobbyists sucking on the government teet.

Connecticut: Suburb of NYC. Wall Street money.

That's an asinine assertion.

My father in law worked on Wall Street and commuted from Morristown, NJ to Manhattan for almost 20 years. You also know very well that there are commuter trains running from Jersey into Manhattan. Hoboken, Montclair, etc. You also know that it is Wall Street money that is floating around the highest income Jersey communities that show up in the statistics you posted.

So the only people who commute to NYC from NJ are doing so to work on Wall Street? Oh boy.

The places you listed are all within 20-30 miles or so of NYC. Not only do all of those people not commute to NYC to work on Wall Street, NJ has all sorts of industry.

Top 5 Industries in NJ

My wife works for one of the countries largest manufacturers. Her mother worked 30+ years at DuPont. The corp HQ of the company I work for is in one of the largest industrial parks in the country and we're within 200 miles of 25% of the country's population.

Dude, you are so indigenous that it sometimes hurts.

You made an absurd off the cuff remark that has no real basis in reality. That should probably be a bigger concern for you.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Dude.

This is garbage. Plain and simple. There's nothing of merit in your post which, in my opinion, is not usual for you.

You're trying to stir the pot and satirize, I get it, but you haven't managed to do that with any degree of success. Please don't go out of your way to defend the point of view that so fails in its logic and tone.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join