It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Want Only The Best People

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

NJ is a suburb of NYC? I live in NJ and I'm about 2 hours from NYC (about the same distance as DC) and far closer to Philly (35-40 min).

So you've concluded that everyone who lives in a couple hundred mile radius of NYC is "Wall Street money?" Neat.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Everything you listed to advance your point, was reflected on your nation with a mirror.

You’re just moving the goalposts now.
How noble.

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You're very upset. I can tell by your unusually high number of typos. However, you seem to have completely misunderstood. I was making light of the idea that we can label places "#holes" and then make judgements about the people from those places.

I don't actually believe that. What you should do is take all that ire you're feeling toward me for thinking that I do and redirect it at Trump for stating as much.

link   
I tried....I got to this page but I still cannot figure out what this thread is about....

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Ok ill defend our western greed if youll question if only purely for the recor what led up to the current squarehole that haiti in your oppinion is and strive to remain? How du people get rich... ah isnt it a lovely capitalist trick question. I assume the you my fellow sapien is not ither an immortal vampire and that therefore have not in the distant past made america great...? Why do you have (the greates nation in the world? Why dont they? Ill give you a clue: we robed the # out of those bad people ( im not only sauin that because im a direct decendant of the most rapin and pillagin viking ( good people) but because i think that you havent done jack square yourself to better anything( big accusation burlt easy too disprove if you are what tou claim.) regardless remember what everybody knows. One day the good people might be the ones bombin the square out of your world while labeling you the #hole terrorist. Even if you think its the stranger fault you gotta realize that soon there might be more liars claiming youre the squarehole

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Yes there are some small requirements for people getting in the lottery, and again you are right that its not the largest part of our system

But you are the one hyperventilating about how country of orgin should never be used.

Your own posts here shows that you know that in part the current system does take country of origin into mind.

Yet you defend it.

This is what makes me shake my head.

As far as haiti not being eligible, thats because they have sent so many people here already.

As you admitted, we do not have a merit system, aside from the lottery, much of our immigration is chain migration based, or based on countries suffering disasters (again more admissions based on country of origin, but you are ok so long as its not trump saying that).

Trump has publicly called for a merit system that would take people from all countries.

He was questioning why the current system that is not merit based takes so many people from crummy countries.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

But you are right that there are more comedians on the left that are willing to shill for their political party.

I think it's more that those comedians you listed aren't really even working anymore..

Tim allen, Dennis miller, Milo, Gavin McCinnes, Owen Benjamin, Adam corrolla

America leans liberal, and will be even more liberal in the future thanks to the bloviating style of one man, Donald Jenius Trump.

Trump won. Accept it.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
that is so funny because those states consistently vote for their "best interests" imo they are just as brainwashed by the right as minorities are brainwashed by the left.

Yet some of those states mentioned currently have democrat governors. Also, I should mention, almost all of those states switch between democrat and republican every election.

This is going to surprise you and the OP.....

theantediluvian

Mississippi has been democrat since John Stone took office in 1876 every single election all the way to 1988 when Ray Mabus was in office. It wasn't until after Mabus that they went republican for 1 term, then right back to democrat and a replublican the last 2 governors took office. Even before Stone, the state had democrat's in office way more often than republican. Wiki that # !

So when was the last time you saw Mississippi have grade A students across the board during a democrat gov? Yeah I don't remember either.

One last bubble burst....

I believe Texas is one of those "#-hole states" while Maryland was in the lead. Ever hear of something called "Simpson's Paradox"? Start at 1:56m

Louisiana is a #-hole? Ever live there? We "dumb" people can feed ourselves and survive if/when the power goes out indefinitely. We're also a major backbone of the oil industry that gives you products like that PC you're ranting from, the chair you're sitting on, the rice you're eating, the seafood you're gulping down, the salt and peppers you're seasoning with and so much more.

edit on 17-1-2018 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: underwerks

But cool, I can play the satire game too.

Obviously not.

But it's cool. Right wingers aren't exactly known for their humor or creative thinking. Well, I take that last one back. The excuses here are starting to get pretty creative..

Oh thats not true, Im hilarious.

I even made a couple satire threads.

The mods shut them down, cause feelings.

Was that your fake news meme thread that just got shut down because some mod got their feelings hurt over Trump supporters having a little fun?

I saw that thread, it was pretty tame from the first couple pages I saw. I'm guessing it would've been left up in the Mud Pit (it wasn't posted to the Mud Pit).

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

But you are right that there are more comedians on the left that are willing to shill for their political party.

I think it's more that those comedians you listed aren't really even working anymore..

America leans liberal, and will be even more liberal in the future thanks to the bloviating style of one man, Donald Jenius Trump.

Trump won. Accept it.

Americans lean liberal?

Then why is the democratic party controlling less seats than they have for decades?

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler not to interrupt your cirkel jerk but how about quedtioning why we have the money you are so desperatly trying to defend? Cause we( the good people) had som ingeneus thievinh ancestors ( not culture defined). Too quote goodfelas “ your tellin me the money we’r stealin is being stolen from us...eh?”

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I have in fact been to Louisiana many times. Love it. I also grew up in rural Georgia about half an hour from Alabama. I think you missed the point.

I was pointing out how absurd it is to label places "#holes" (regardless of statistics like educational attainment) and then declare people from those places as somehow less worthy simply by virtue of being from "a #hole."

As I said to Ketsuko, you should channel that rage you're feeling right now at how ludicrous an assertion that is and apply it to the comments made by our president.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Everything you listed to advance your point, was reflected on your nation with a mirror.

You’re just moving the goalposts now.
How noble.

No, the fact that even the Haitians, while loving their country would say that it is a Sh-hole when comparing it to other countries does not mean the people are bad. Or are you saying it does?

I have zero problems saying that the US healthcare system is terrible and the NHS or Canadian system is better. Not better people but a better system. Kinda the same thing as we are discussing.

edit on 17-1-2018 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
a reply to: theantediluvian

Its been sad watching your downward spiral ante.

Pay attention kids, this is your brain on on politics.

Ummm...actually...it's been funny as hell...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: NikolaT
a reply to: Grambler not to interrupt your cirkel jerk but how about quedtioning why we have the money you are so desperatly trying to defend? Cause we( the good people) had som ingeneus thievinh ancestors ( not culture defined). Too quote goodfelas “ your tellin me the money we’r stealin is being stolen from us...eh?”

Yes, we know that many of the people that are driving for a non merit based system hate the US, like you.

Funny, every country that has every culture that has ever existed in the world has stolen, gone to war, abused others, etc.

Yet only the US and european countries are evil and reminded how they are only doing well because they stole from people.

If you think the wealth of the US is only from acts of aggression against others you are over simplifying and ill informed.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Trump won. Accept it.

Americans lean liberal?

Then why is the democratic party controlling less seats than they have for decades?

All part of the ebb and flow of American politics, that seems to be invisible to those creating and populating their own echo chambers.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

wow you got offended because your state was sarcastically called a *hole? you mean to tell me there are hardworking, decent, smart people that can come out of a *hole? this is what i have been saying all along.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

you mean to tell me there are hardworking, decent, smart people that can come out of a *hole? this is what i have been saying all along.

Yeah, who has said otherwise?

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I have zero problems saying....

But you cannot bring yourself to say it’s a sh*thole?

Most people would rather live in St.Petersburg than Compton...
Does that make the States more of a sh*thole than Russia?

Your reasoning is specious and flawed.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir
Tragicly funny in an radically radicaliesed fashion. Entitledment is the the precirsor for all great megalomaniacs in history. Dont worry all you hopefull haters. Theres no risk of any of tour patented truths will be noted in future history. Tou know why? Cause in the end ther will always be someone less equal no matter how many you eradicate. “Here on this farm we are all equal. Its jus that some are mor equal than others”

Written buy a cool dude

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join