It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Want Only The Best People

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
But it's cool. Right wingers aren't exactly known for their humor or creative thinking.

That is completely not true.
The right has been using logical humor to win folks over for a couple years now, then laughing when certain groups of people on the left loose their collective mind over it.
Gavin McGinnes, Milo, even Ben Shapiro come to mind quickly. There is more also.

The only ones on the left that use humor (that I know of)to get their point across, use a whole staff of late night TV writers to come up with (pretty bad, usually) jokes.

The ones I mentioned above do not. That is creative thinking and humor. The right is winning the creative humor contest.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Didn't he get in trouble for siphoning money from his charity, that was meant to benefit Haiti?

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I want only the best people in my world. I don't want a bunch of losers. I'm trying to make my town, my job, our schools, our state and everything else that surrounds me great again. We can't do that with people from #holes. They have problems. When West Virginia sends their people, they're not sending the best. They're sending the worst people, believe me. The worst of the worst.

I consulted with myself and I have created the best system for getting the best people. I call it the No #hole Merit-Based System. The best part of this merit-based system is that it's easy. Very easy. People from #hole don't have any merits. It's a great system — one of the best ever. Maybe the greatest. Everyone is sending me emails saying how great it is. They can't say it in public because their bosses are too politically correct but we're not PC right? No, we're not PC.

Why do we need all these people from #holes? Mississippians? Take them out. Loser Louisianians? Get 'em out of here! Indiana-uh-Indiana-nians? You're fired! Right? Failing Florida? You wish you were California.

I'm calling for a total ban from people from #hole states until we can figure out why they're so terrible. A total ban folks. And they are terrible, believe me. The worst. Not like people from Massachusetts. The PC people will tell you this is bad. It's not "politically correct." Fake news! I'm the least prejudiced person you'll ever meet. I just want the best people. What's wrong with that?

** all graphics from WalletHub (here, here)

Highest Income:

Maryland: Basically, a suburb of DC. Ironic that all these government workers and lobbyist have made Maryland an extremely expensive place to live.

Alaska: Oil money. Although population so small, I question Alaska on the list...

New Jersey: Suburb of NYC. Wall Street money.

District of Columbia: Again, lobbyists sucking on the government teet.

Connecticut: Suburb of NYC. Wall Street money.

Of course, comparing these states to largely rural states with agricultural economies makes a ton of sense (sarcasm off).

You can do better....

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

But lets run with it anyway. What other countries are these "right wingers" from, comrade?

My ethnic origin is hoosier.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

Trolling isn't creative or an example of humor. Except in a making fun of special-needs-kids kind of way.

I agree though, the right does have a monopoly on that type of "humor".

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Isn't it interesting to note that some of those same "loser" states also have some of the highest rates of in-migration from other states that you lable as winners?

I guess people like living in states where they don't have to make very much in order to realize a nice living.

I know that where I sit living one of those red dots, it would take a helluva lot more to realize this same standard of living in a so-called winner state, so why would I work hard to move there unless we got a drastic bump in income? It makes no financial sense whatsoever.

In fact, one of those Losers -- Alabama -- has one of the very highest rates of in-migration likely because it has some real economic growth going on ... which means folks are moving there for jobs.
edit on 17-1-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

link   
And your totally right! You might even be the greates, i mean when i ask normal people... you now the winners of this world they agree... you might actually be the most non racist facist in like forever(maga) you dont hate people because of there color.. you just learned the universal thruth that there exist only good people in norway..? I feel inclined to ask you if you know where the terms racist/facist was coined? I am for a fact and Arian( fat and entitled blond man). You know part of the good people secment! Im also a cynical and antiautoritian talented crimimal (thats ur peoples expression) who gives a fart about your new definition of good people. Assholes exist in all shapes colors and sizes of which you my facis friend are the best example.

You could prove my ignorance by providing proof of your membership of the good peoples club or simply a sample of your elite (blonde) hair... if your (in)breed is as pure as your conclusions then it should be documented. Cause how else would we be able to point fingers at the “bad guy”

link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Right, freedom is a messy business. And no system is perfect.

I will lay dimes to donuts that the average US citizen does NOT want to blow off citizenship to move to Haiti. But I think there is a much greater chance that a Haitian would want to immigrate to the US.

You are confusing people with Geography. If the US had the same systems in place that Haitians do, we would be equally as terrible. And the opposite would be true.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Oh please, as if there arent vulgar left wing comedians.

Both the left and the right have humor, and in particular funny people.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

If you call shoving facts into peoples mouth so fast and challenging them to defend their position using something other than virtue signalling trolling...

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Would you move to Haiti with your family? No right? Why?

Defend your own country, where you are and thank God because you don't have a useless government.

Imagine your social media life with Haitian internet.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Forward to 3:30 where he says he wants everybody from everywhere, busting OP's narrative, however humorous it is.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I'm NA, and I'm ok with more of you Europeans coming in as usual for the past 500+ years.

Would you move to Haiti? Why not?

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Oh please, as if there arent vulgar left wing comedians.

Both the left and the right have humor, and in particular funny people.

Who's talking about vulgar?

I'm talking about funny.

Please post some of these hilarious right wing comedians. I agree there are some funny ones, Rush Limbaugh, Hannity, Alex Jones, Sarah Sanders etc, but I was thinking more along the lines of people who realize they are comedians and actors.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I don't trust people with a lot of money. They won't be there for you when you really need them.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o

If you call shoving facts into peoples mouth so fast and challenging them to defend their position using something other than virtue signalling trolling...

Yeah, because that's what's happening..

link   

originally posted by: stosh64

Its been sad watching your downward spiral ante.

Pay attention kids, this is your brain on on politics.

A star was not enough for your post,these are for you...

link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

Depends what you mean by “get in trouble for siphoning” really.

The NGO did amazing work, and openly admitted to errors made in the process.

But if you’re trying to allude to some sort of purposeful nefariousness I don’t think your question is applicable at all.
It would also be fair to mention that his NGO isn’t his sole contribution to society over the course of his career anyways.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

The current system does though, doesnt it? The lottery system chooses purely based on country of origin.

As we've discussed, the diversity lottery system accounts for 55k out of 675k visas (actually this year it's 50k). It's purpose is to add a small measure of diversity to the immigration system. It's not a quota system. There's not a specific number of people from a specific country that must win the lottery. There is however a cap on the percent of visas that can go to applicants from a single country.

There's also eligibility requirements that have nothing to do with country of origin.

travel.state.gov - INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE 2018 DIVERSITY IMMIGRANT VISA PROGRAM (DV-2018)

Here's something ironic, Haiti isn't even eligible:

For DV-2018, natives of the following countries are not eligible to apply,because more than 50,000 natives of these countries immigrated to the United States in the previous five years: Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, China (mainland-born), Colombia, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Haiti, India, Jamaica, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, South Korea, United Kingdom (except Northern Ireland) and its dependent territories, and Vietnam. Persons born in Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR, and Taiwan are eligible.

Those are the countries that aren't eligible, what countries are?

AFRICA: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina , Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cabo Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote D’Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Djibouti, Egypt*, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, The, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea, -, Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia,
Zimbabwe

ASIA: Afghanistan, Bahrain, Bhutan, Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region**, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel*, Japan, Jordan*, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, North Korea, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Syria*, Taiwan**, Thailand, Timor, Leste, United Arab Emirates, Yemen

EUROPE: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark (including components and , dependent areas overseas), Estonia, Finland, France (including components and , dependent , areas overseas), Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia , Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau Special Administrative Region**, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands (including components and , dependent areas overseas), Northern Ireland**, Norway, (including components and , dependent areas overseas), Poland, Portugal (including components and , dependent areas overseas), Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia , Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vatican City

(oh look, there's Norway!)

North America: The Bahamas

OCEANIA: Australia (including components and , dependent areas overseas), Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Federated States of, Nauru, New Zealand (including components and dependent areas overseas), Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu

SOUTH, AMERICA,, CENTRAL, AMERICA, AND, THE, CARIBBEAN:, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Chile, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Ecuador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela

Education/Work eligibility requirements:

5.What are the requirements for education or work experience?

U.S. immigration law and regulations require that every DV entrant must have at least a high school education or its equivalent or have two years of work experience within the past five years in an occupation that requires at least two years of training or experience. A “high school education or equivalent” is defined as successful completion of a 12-year course of elementary and secondary education in the United States OR the successful completion in another country of a formal course of elementary and secondary education comparable to a high school education in the United States. Only formal courses of study meet this requirement; correspondence programs or equivalency certificates (such as the General Equivalency Diploma G.E.D.) are not acceptable. You must present documentary proof of education or work experience to the consular officer at the time of the visa interview.

If you do not meet the requirements for education or work experience, your entry will be disqualified at the time of your visa interview, and no visas will be issued to you or any of your family members

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

There are less right wing comedians that push right wing politics openly.

Tim allen, Dennis miller, Milo, Gavin McCinnes, Owen Benjamin, Adam corrolla

But there are many hilarious comedians that arent so easy to label as left wing, that show a lot of push againt left leaning positions in some areas.

Joe rogan, Doug Stanhope, Jerry seinfeld, Bill Burr, Rosanne barr, and many more.

But you are right that there are more comedians on the left that are willing to shill for their political party.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join