It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Want Only The Best People

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

But cool, I can play the satire game too.

Obviously not.

But it's cool. Right wingers aren't exactly known for their humor or creative thinking. Well, I take that last one back. The excuses here are starting to get pretty creative..

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

originally posted by: theantediluvian

So show me where trump said no one from a place like Haiti would be allowed in?

Show me where he said they were terrible as opposed to their country.

"Haiti? Why do we want people from Haiti here?"

'Why do we want these people from all these #hole countries here? We should have more people from places like Norway."

*people from Haiti*
*people from all these #hole countries*

I assume you also think that civil rights leaders fighting to improve inner cities saying they are in third world conditions are also racist that are saying all the people in those cities are terrible.

No, and this is the distinction you're missing. Civil rights leaders wouldn't say that coming from an economically depressed, high-crime inner city neighborhood makes people less worthy. There's a difference between saying that a place is a #hole and saying that we should judge the worthiness of people based on whether or not they come from a #hole.

Haiti is a SH-hole.

So is your country, mate.
So don’t be getting too far above your station.

Plus, Wyclef Jean (just one minor example) has done more for society than you and likely anyone you hold dear...
So Haitian worthiness has been thoroughly established.

Nice hatemongering, though. Real productive!

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I've hired a dozen or so people since I've been in my current position. I've never once thought to consider where a person was from as a qualification.

Do you consider where somebody is from as a qualification? If a person grew up in a shack with dirt floors in Appalachia but has more experience, more experience and a better disposition than a person who grew up in affluent neighborhood in the burbs somewhere, should I choose the less experienced, less educated person because he didn't come from a #hole?

No. Because coming from a #hole has nothing to do with qualification and it's not meritorious to grow up in a better neighborhood, it's just winning the birth lottery.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
That #hole comment really triggered the # out of you huh?

Me? Not really. I expect that from Trump because he's a douche bag. So, no. It sure as hell as triggered a lot of bizarre defenses from his supporters though.

Actually he's a really nice guy that actually cares about the average person. Remember opinions are like *holes, everyone has one. Hope you can make it through another day of America winning. I know you guys hate that stuff.
edit on 17-1-2018 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

How dare someone suggest a merit based system!

How dare anyone question why we take so many people from certain countries.

All countries are EQUAL!!! I would just as much like to live in Haiti as Norway!

Now having said that, we need to keep our current non merit based system.

I like it because less than 10% of the people that come in are from EVIL WHITE COUNTRIES!!!!

I mean yeah, all countries are equal, but white people are evil, so we want to make sure not many get in.

But me wanting to not use merit, and instead favor a chain migration, lottery, system that ensures only a small amount of whites gets in is NOT RACIST!

Now daring to question this system IS RACIST!

I know your asking how that can be, well its simple.

White people are evil and you cant be racist to them.

Now yes, I have mocked fly over country, red states, etc. as trash, deploreable, teabaggers, etc. All of that is ok, because they are mostly white.

And for that matter the US, which still has a lot of white people, has no right to try to bring people in based on who will help the country most. Thats racist too!

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Obviously not.

But it's cool. Right wingers aren't exactly known for their humor or creative thinking. Well, I take that last one back. The excuses here are starting to get pretty creative..

Oh thats not true, Im hilarious.

I even made a couple satire threads.

The mods shut them down, cause feelings.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Obviously not.

Was that your fake news meme thread that just got shut down because some mod got their feelings hurt over Trump supporters having a little fun?

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

We have a system that is not merit based. It is legitimate to ask then why so many are brought in from crummy countries.

Your argument does not make sense. What does country of origin have to do with merit?

link   
a reply to: underwerks

Right wingers aren't exactly known for their humor or creative thinking.

That's XENOPHOBIC!

link   

I’m confused?

Are you for a true merit based system, or a segregated merit based system which uses country as a qualifier?

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
Well my son, let me put it this way. Everybody's got a #hole, even you. An #hole is the most essential part. You couldn't live without one. But if you haven't got one that's why your full of sh**.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Plus, Wyclef Jean (just one minor example) has done more for society than you and likely anyone you hold dear...

Right....

Haiti Not = US.

That isn't a shot at the Haitian people, that is a shot at their sanitation, freedoms, and corruption and economic system. If you think that they are the same you are letting your silly opinions blind you.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Now daring to question this system IS RACIST!

To me 'race' is something one can not change.

However.

People can change their countries like week old underwear.

Those that are trying to define RACE by country is being disingenuous.

link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Right....

Haiti Not = US.

That isn't a shot at the Haitian people, that is a shot at their sanitation, freedoms, and corruption and economic system. If you think that they are the same you are letting your silly opinions blind you.

What's sad is that you have to explain that.

link   

I've hired a dozen or so people since I've been in my current position. I've never once thought to consider where a person was from as a qualification.

Do you consider where somebody is from as a qualification? If a person grew up in a shack with dirt floors in Appalachia but has more experience, more experience and a better disposition than a person who grew up in affluent neighborhood in the burbs somewhere, should I choose the less experienced, less educated person because he didn't come from a #hole?

No. Because coming from a #hole has nothing to do with qualification and it's not meritorious to grow up in a better neighborhood, it's just winning the birth lottery.

I do not consider where someone comes from as a qualification

The current system does though, doesnt it? The lottery system chooses purely based on country of origin.

This is what you are ignoring. In effect your post is evidence for ending the lottery visa.

We do not have a merit based system.

So given that, it is perfectly legitimate to question why we have so many people coming from crummy countries.

Again, you have no proof that trump is saying under his immigration system a haitian that grew up in devastating poverty but exhibited tremendous skills and inteligence wouldnt be accepted.

Instead you seem gto defend the current system that at least in part engages in the very thing you are criticizing.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

originally posted by: Grambler

Obviously not.

Was that your fake news meme thread that just got shut down because some mod got their feelings hurt over Trump supporters having a little fun?

No it wasnt.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

We have a system that is not merit based. It is legitimate to ask then why so many are brought in from crummy countries.

Your argument does not make sense. What does country of origin have to do with merit?

Who says it does?

Trump was asking a question critical of the current system, that uses country of origin in its calculus.

You are just imagining that the system trump wants would use it.

You are very adamant that country of origin is a terrible standard. I wonder, why havent you been this adamant for the past 20 years when it was used in part in deciding who to bring in?

Almost like you didnt care until you thought trump was advocating it.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Silly?

Oh well let me continue being silly then...

sanitation, freedoms, and corruption and economic system.

How’s the sanitation doing in Flint and other places?
How’s the freedom on campus and the gun free/free speech zones?
No corruption in the US of A, I take it?
Economic system? Is that in the context of GDP (perceived success) or how it’s controlled, with petro-dollar blood money for example?

Yes, I’m being silly obviously.
I’m the blinded one, clearly.

edit on 17-1-2018 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: underwerks

Right wingers aren't exactly known for their humor or creative thinking.

That's XENOPHOBIC!

That's, um, not the right word.

xen·o·pho·bic
zenəˈfōbik,ˌzēnəˈfōbik/Submit
adjective
having or showing a dislike of or prejudice against people from other countries.

But lets run with it anyway. What other countries are these "right wingers" from, comrade?

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

I’m confused?

Are you for a true merit based system, or a segregated merit based system which uses country as a qualifier?

I am for a merit system, period.

I would not think it would be racist to include country as a very small qualifier, but I would not be for it.

For example, if one year we had 80% of our immigrants be from Japan, perhaps that should be a small factor in the merits of who to accept next year.

But I want no country qualifications.

If 100% of the immigrants that will help our country best are from haiti or nowrway, I wouldnt care.
edit on 17-1-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join