It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will we get a tearful plea from Jimmy Kimmel Tonight?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Of course you think its all good.

Ha!

So in other words, its ok for the dems to have other priorities than CHIP, because their priorities are all great and noble.

But the republicans having other priorities is disgusting.

Glad we cleared that up.

As far as CHIP, i dont know the specifics of the program in great detail, but I seem to be in favor of it.

I think it will be funded, and if not, other measure will be taken to make sure that kids will receive health care.

But yes, we know, republicans are evil for not immediatly passing it, but democrats are justified in not.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Ok then. Good day, Grambler.

We agree that funding CHIP is the right thing to do. Did you know that states are desperate for funds and that there is no time to make some other solution happen? They could have done this last year instead of letting it get to the breaking point?

And let's be clear. Reps can pass any damn thing they want right now. They don't need Dems. They just can't get all the Reps on board and are trying to make Dems look bad. It's all GD politics with real people's lives - millions of them - hanging in the balance for no freaking good reason.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Your not gonna get a disgreement from me that most people on both parties suck.

Although I am conservatiove, there are some dems I like, like Tulsi Gabbard.

Of course both sides play poliotics with it.

The point is, The overwhelming majority of the insitutions with power; academia, hollywood, athletics, media, other entertainment people, controllers of social media, etc. are left wing.

SO when I see Kimmel use his child as a prop while he cries and condemns only one side, ignoring the other side could also easily have chip passed if they didnt have other priorities, i think its worth pointing out the hypocrisy.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

Ok then. Good day, Grambler.

We agree that funding CHIP is the right thing to do. Did you know that states are desperate for funds and that there is no time to make some other solution happen? They could have done this last year instead of letting it get to the breaking point?

And let's be clear. Reps can pass any damn thing they want right now. They don't need Dems. They just can't get all the Reps on board and are trying to make Dems look bad. It's all GD politics with real people's lives - millions of them - hanging in the balance for no freaking good reason.

It is up to The People to stop enabling their elected officials terrible management of duties by utilizing their votes differently.

If we keep flushing the toilet only to have the same turd float back up into the bowl...there is a problem.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

When exactly could the Dems have unilaterally passed CHIP in the last year, year and a half??

Is that what you are saying? They could have passed it themselves?

Or because they are being asked to go against their principles in an arm-twist by Reps who can't even get their own party to agree on either CHIP or immigration, that it's all the Dems fault for not bending over??

Sorry. Kimmel's baby isn't a prop either. I personally know many families with medically fragile kids, and have even seen some kids die due to their medical conditions. I have spent months in the PICU over the years. I know what is being played with and what the stakes are - and the Reps get no pass from me on this issue.

Fund CHIP and fight over immigration another way. This is piss poor governance on their part and it will not be forgotten.

As to conservatives- I admire, at least in part, many conservatives. I don't always agree with their solutions or economic ideas, but I do think they are decent people. My family is largely conservative and I certainly love them and respect them.

edit on 18-1-2018 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yes. You are not wrong about that.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   
"Look at the late night talk show hosts (Kimmel included), Saturday Night Live, mainstream news channels, and about 95% of Hollyweirdos who have opened their mouth about the Resistance. Pathetic."

Spot on.

I'm still waiting for all those people who promised--if Trump got elected--to move out of the U.S.

I am a very patient person, and I probably wouldn't have even brought this up, but they've had an entire year to pack their stuff and leave.

Further proof it's all about the money and has nothing to do with principle and integrity.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

When you use Children for your own propaganda that's a sure sign he's running for President.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join