It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will we get a tearful plea from Jimmy Kimmel Tonight?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Jimmy Kimmel is Americas conscience, just ask CNN.

money.cnn.com...

this one time comedian is now a political commentator, who claims he's one to be partisan, but he just wants to push policies that save lives.

And he wont hesitate to shed a tear, or bring his child on stage as a prop to make his point.

So it was no surprise that Kimmel last month decided to lecture backers of the tax cut (see republicans) about how they were going to cause children to die by not passing CHIP (a type of insurance for kids from poor families), while he cried and held his baby.

He said

"CHIP has become a bargaining chip," Kimmel said. "It's on the back burner while they work out their new tax plans, which means parents of children with cancer, diabetes, and heart problems are about to get letters saying their coverage could be cut off next month. Merry Christmas, right?"

He added: "Imagine getting that letter, literally not knowing how you will afford to save your child's life. This is not a hypothetical. About 2 million CHIP kids have serious chronic conditions."

Kimmel pointed out that CHIP usually received bipartisan support in the Senate and the House but said "this year they let the money for it expire while they work on getting tax cuts for their millionaire and billionaire donors."

www.businessinsider.com...

Never mind that this was all misleading, seeing as how republicans had already put forth a proposal to fund CHIP>

But now the Republicans have put forth a budget proposal that would fund CHIP for 6 years.

House Republican leaders last night unveiled their latest bid to keep the federal government open past Friday. It would fund the federal government for one month.

What it does include:

A 6-year extension of the Children’s Health Insurance Program

Countdown: We’re headed for a government shutdown on Friday if Congress can’t figure this out. Federal CHIP funding expired at the end of September.

www.axios.com...

But now many dems are saying they wont vote for any bill budget until DACA is taken care of.

A growing number of Democratic lawmakers have announced that they will not support any spending bill unless the fate of DACA recipients is secured. Now party leaders must decide how far they are willing to go.

www.washingtonpost.com... 85626af34ef_story.html?utm_term=.ec357b58500a

So surely Jimmy Kimmel, the conscience of America, will bring his child on tv tonight and start shedding tears, and lecture Democrats on how they are leaving kids die just so they can pander to illegals.

Here, I even took the liberty of writing what he may say.

""CHIP has become a bargaining chip," Kimmel said. "It's on the back burner while they work out their new amnesty plan, which means parents of children with cancer, diabetes, and heart problems are about to get letters saying their coverage could be cut off next month. Merry Christmas, right?"

"Imagine getting that letter, literally not knowing how you will afford to save your child's life. This is not a hypothetical. About 2 million CHIP kids have serious chronic conditions."

"this year they let the money for it expire while they work on getting amnesty for their illegal friends"

I'm sure he will so something like that tonight. Oh whats that?

Oh thats right, he only criticizes Republicans!

What a moral man!

I guess he doesnt mind children dying if it helps his team.
edit on 17-1-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I ultimately think that saying either the republicans last month or the Dems this month dont care about children because they are pushing other issues is garbage.

I am just pointing out the hypocrisy of Kimmel and those that think he is some sort of moral leader.

Anyone interested in only attacking one political side, who is willing to use his own baby with health problems as a prop is not a moral leader.

All of those that relished his attacking of Republicans for not signing CHIP ate hypocrites if they are not being as vocal right now to the democrats who wont sign the budget to extend it.

link   
Who is he?? A comedian?? A comedian with political lecturers?? Ummmm not interested, not funny..

link   
Republicans are willing to extend CHIP for 6 years if Democrats endorse the spending bill. It's pure politics. The disgusting thing is that CHIP should be funded for decades...just like our military.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The kicker: DACA could already be on its way to passage if Congress would go about it honestly, instead of leaving during the meeting to make up crap about the president.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Kimmel is one of the few eloquent spokespersons the left has left. He's like a young Bernie Sanders.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

It is pretty obvious that anything that can be categorized as "entertainment" (and I use that word loosely) that is mainstream now has a primary purpose of pushing political agendas, rather than providing high quality entertainment.

Look at the late night talk show hosts (Kimmel included), Saturday Night Live, mainstream news channels, and about 95% of Hollyweirdos who have opened their mouth about the Resistance

Pathetic.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

the overwhelming of the culturally powerful are very left wing, hollywood, late night, musicians, even the athletes that are outspoken on politics.

Academia is overwhelmingly left wing.

The main stream media is overwhelmingly left wing.

We now are seeing those that control social media are overwhelmingly left wing and seeking to shut down anyone whos not.

Considering Trump won at all is amazing.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Not surprised, Jimmy is owned by the Network and would kiss ass all day if it meant ratings for his show.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
The kicker: DACA could already be on its way to passage if Congress would go about it honestly, instead of leaving during the meeting to make up crap about the president.

The Dems don't want to deal with this either. DACA is a done deal if they just come to the table. President has pen in hand....

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

They can't pass it or they lose another avenue to scream "racist". If it was a real concern and not political leverage, it'd be done already. Just like CHIP.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

The Dems don't want to deal with this either. DACA is a done deal if they just come to the table. President has pen in hand....

I find it ridiculous that they are trying to spin it.

While I detest Congress, I hold a special place (deep in my bowel) for hating the Democrats in Congress. I thought the crap I saw from the GOP under Obama was insane....this is a whole new low.

link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Kimmel is one of the few eloquent spokespersons the left has left. He's like a young Bernie Sanders.

kinda funny considering his background as a beer guzzling belching profane comedian on the man show. now i dont have a problem with that show and think its fine for men and women to have something that panders to their sort of thinking but im shocked that he hasent been raked over the coals in hollywood in this current climate with how that show exploited women. i mean they had trampoline tryouts lol

link   
What Kimmel won't tell you is that medicaid was create specifically for kids, and other downtroddened.

Kimmels kid doesn't have to worry bout such thing's as he's a limousine liberal.

The Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) provides health coverage to eligible children, through both Medicaid and separate CHIP programs. CHIP is administered by states, according to federal requirements. The program is funded jointly by states and the federal government.

Chip is superfluous.

www.medicaid.gov...

Medicaid provides health coverage to millions of Americans, including eligible low-income adults, children, pregnant women, elderly adults and people with disabilities. Medicaid is administered by states, according to federal requirements. The program is funded jointly by states and the federal government.

www.medicaid.gov...
edit on 17-1-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Republicans completely control the House, Senate, and have the Presidency. They don't need the Democrats to come to the table for anything. It's not our fault you guys can't get your own politicians to vote together.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Who is he?? A comedian?? A comedian with political lecturers?? Ummmm not interested, not funny.

These days it is our comedians who tell the truth about a particular social situation. They are our philosophers, trying to make sense of the chaos in the news and in our lives.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Republicans completely control the House, Senate, and have the Presidency. They don't need the Democrats to come to the table for anything. It's not our fault you guys can't get your own politicians to vote together.

Thats not true. At least 60 votes would be needed to pass the budget in the senate. So they do need some democrats.

House Republicans do not have enough votes to avoid a government shutdown before money to keep the government functioning runs out on Friday at midnight, Congressman Mark Meadows of North Carolina, leader of the Freedom Caucus, said on Fox News Wednesday.

Late Tuesday night, House Republican leaders rallied behind a temporary fix, a continuing resolution that would punt the budget problem to February and keep the government running for now. But the fix leaves much to be desired for the party’s hardline minority, and they’re not getting on board — yet. Republicans need 216 votes in the House and 60 in the Senate. There are 235 Republicans in the House, at least 20 of whom are part of the Meadows’ Freedom Caucus.

news.vice.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Who is he?? A comedian?? A comedian with political lecturers?? Ummmm not interested, not funny.

These days it is our comedians who tell the truth about a particular social situation. They are our philosophers, trying to make sense of the chaos in the news and in our lives.

Yeah some are great, like stanhope there.

Others are virtue signaling trash, like Kimmel.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Err, a lot, especially for those hosting nighttime talkshows, have their content written for them...by... 'writers' of the show.

It's not the host's original thoughts. At best it's a collaboration.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Sixty votes are required. There are only 52 republicans, 46 democrats, and two independents. They can not pass the budget without some dems getting off their obstructionist asses.

I am normally not all that chuffed at deadlock in Congress. Keeps 'em from doing stupid things. But in the case of these two issues...

The President is waiting to sign off on both. The Republican senate is waiting to vote on it to send it. It's those oh so compassionate Dems in the Senate who are doing the obstructing.

Isn't it amazing? For the longest time during the Obama administration, we heard the same refrain from the Dems... The republicans are obstructionists...yadda, yadda yadda. Now? Amusing, no?

Not really. I find it sickening and rather hypocritical. ...and I've told my two Senators, Murray and Cantwell, just that. I got a very polite form E-mail back...essentially saying they're ignoring us to play their little games of politics. ...and people wonder why I've not ever voted for 'em...despite my democratic affiliations. Though by now, I suppose I'm more an independant conservative, than a democratic one.

Anyway...

The issue could have been resolved long ago...but wasn't.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join