It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump vs Obama: What will the history books say?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Trump vs Obama: What will the history books say?

Damn it and who done it!

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Do you think there is ANY chance the history books in 20-30 years say that? Lol

Only if you aren't writing them.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I’m serious..

Do you think they will say that??

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Obama will be remembered for dividing America and Trump will be remembered for draining the swamp.a reply to: JoshuaCox

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Trump will go down as the worthless pos he is. He isn’t fit to wash Obamas jock strap let alone be mentioned n the same sentence as the great man.

The Trump and his administration will go down as one of the most inept and corrupt administrations in our countries history.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Trump will go down as the worthless pos he is. He isn’t fit to wash Obamas jock strap let alone be mentioned n the same sentence as the great man.

The Trump and his administration will go down as one of the most inept and corrupt administrations in our countries history.

"the great man?" What did he do that was great? The Nobel Committee has long had second thoughts about his prize for "peace" when he escalated Bush's wars instead of ending them. He was apparently incapable of political compromise and was cruising for 8 years. He ruled by executive order, which is why DACA is in trouble. Trump is forcing the hand of Congress at every turn and now they have to actually work [together] and don't like it.
Trump would not have won against any semi-honest Democrat but Hilly tried to rig the deck and got caught. Even some Democrats voted against her. The Dems Clinton-ed themselves out of another presidency, fortunately.

Obama was a mediocre president. Trump's place in history has yet to be determined.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: gimcrackery

With the VAST majority of scientists, intellectuals and academia being “liberals” do you think there is ANY CHANCE that happens??

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

“Second thoughts” doesn’t resend a Nobel prize lol..

He never should have gotten it.. I’m as anti-conservative propaganda as they come and will concede that all day long.. but “they might not should have given it to him” doesn’t make the history books lol..

What crazy offensive executive order did he pass???

One that would make the history books ???

Do You think it is gonna rank with the worst ones???

Obama was a mediocre president, but one who gets to claim “first black president “ and without a scandal that doesn’t require a 4 page essay to explain why it was bad..

ON TOP OF THAT!!

Obama is bookended by unmitigated disasters..

Bush lied to get us to invade Iraq. Then gave his own private company the rebuild contract..

Why has obama done to touch that???

Your right about trump’s story still being written, but I can think of no realistic scenerio where he saves the day enough to overrule his insanity..

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Obama was a mediocre president, but one who gets to claim “first black president “ and without a scandal that doesn’t require a 4 page essay to explain why it was bad..

While being elected while black is certain cause for celebration, his inactivity over 8 years did nothing to help his legacy. As to scandal, I would suggest "without a scandal YET that doesn’t require a 4 page essay to explain why it was bad." In truth, I believe he is immune from prosecution for many political and social reasons.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

So far EVERY American president has been immune to prosecution.. and like I said “inaction” has only made the American history books once..

Which Lincoln’s predecessor.. (Johnson? Maybe?”

But we have no slavery/civil war to make inaction historically relevant.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

So far EVERY American president has been immune to prosecution.. and like I said “inaction” has only made the American history books once..

Which Lincoln’s predecessor.. (Johnson? Maybe?”

But we have no slavery/civil war to make inaction historically relevant.

I don't understand your comment about Lincoln's predecessor; I think you may be responding to a comment from another poster.
Inaction is historically relevant in that it doesn't provide any legacy that would allow a mediocre president to rise above mediocrity. Obama was more a placeholder than a leader.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: gimcrackery
Obama will be remembered for dividing America and Trump will be remembered for draining the swamp.a reply to: JoshuaCox

I think history will also take note of Trump Supporters' willfully delusional views and their total denial of reality. For people of sound mind to witness that delusion, it's pretty epic... Almost every day I talk to someone who first mentions something batsh*t about Trump... and then, "and what is up with these people who STILL support him? Are they stupid?" Because it's so hard to wrap one's head around supporting such overt stupidity.

It's a very bizarre situation that his supporters make even more bizarre.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
It will all boil down to adults acting like elementary children with a 1960’s mentality yelling....

Fight
Fight
Black vs white
If the (insert favorite here) don’t win
We all jump in!!

edit on 19-1-2018 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I can't imagine calling Trump anything, but a mistake.

For Obama, I'd say it was too soon, he needed more experience - - - but, he is a case of "Strike when the fire is hot".

Obama was in the right place at the right time to be our first "official" Black President.

I believe over time Obama's legacy will be secured as positive.

No further comment on Trump.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

I think history will also take note of Trump Supporters' willfully delusional views and their total denial of reality.

Yes, history does have its Con-Artists.

And followers who are conned.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I think history will also take note of Trump Supporters' willfully delusional views and their total denial of reality.

I’m honestly not convinced they are conned — but complicit. I think they knowingly turn a blind eye. If he committed a crime, do they really care? If he laundered money do they want know? I feel like they’re earning a place in history as complicit to Trump.
edit on 19-1-2018 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy

Some people thought Al Capone and Pol Pot were great men as well. Many of Obama's worshipers think Chairman Mao was a great man too.

Obama was "great" in only one way. Greatly evil and as corrupt as any president ever was before.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I’m honestly not convinced they are conned — but complicit. I think they knowingly turn a blind eye. If he committed a crime, do they really care? If he laundered money do they want know? I feel like they’re earning a place in history as complicit to Trump.

Complicit - - allowing yourself to be conned?

Both my brothers are Trumpsters. When I start presenting facts to them - - - they basically dismiss me - - - by saying "We're all entitled to our opinions".

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Obama is a globalists shill. Trump is anti globalist. That means Trump is a better president for Americans. There are no comparison.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Obama's 8 years only 3 accomplishments.

1: Made school lunches inedible.
2: Health insurance unaffordable.
3: Police lives unimportant.

Trump's first year:

Sweeping tax reform
Individual mandate repeal
Opens up arctic drilling
Record stock market
Rollback of regulations