It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump vs Obama: What will the history books say?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
To kinda set the stage, I think it is fair to mention that this comparison is what we always use to judge our presidents..

We judge them in comparison to those who came immediately before and after them.

So Lincoln was judged next to grant and his predecessor..

For example, Bush was judged next to Obama and Clinton..

If someone says obama was a good president. They are not saying he was a good president compared to Lincoln and washington. They are saying he was a good president compared to W and trump.

Well after maybe a hair too much set up... To the actual point.

How will the history books remember Obama and trump???

OBAMA:

Imho trump is presently and will continue to make Obama look better than Lincoln... Which I think most would agree is objectively untrue. However, I would bet dollars to donuts. That within a decade or two. Obama will be on the coinage and Trump will be considered the low point of American presidential politics.

For all the crazy conservative fear mongering and fake conspiracy theories about obama, nothing stuck.

A)There was never an investigation or indictments.

B) There were No, wars he started.

C) The economy only rose.

D) I can think of no “history book” level scandal for obama.

Maybe obama care fails, but giving hundreds of thousands-of people subsidize for a few years. Isn’t exactly gonna rank you with Pol Pot and leave a scar on political history.

For something to make the history books, it has to be proven or seriously investigated.

So what obama scandal was both proven and/or seriously investigated, AND historically worth the Page space in an American history book??

None that can be summed up in a paragraph as you would find inna history book. All the conservative scandals would takes pages to explain why it is wrong and why people should be mad about it.

TRUMP:

I think there is little to no chance trump is historically remembered in a good light.

A) He championed the patently ridiculous “birther movement”, and I do mean championed. He didn’t just make a couple off handed comments that the press ran with.

B) He walked into office embroiled in an FBI investigation on whether he helped a foreign country scam the electorate..

C) He has just a laundry list of crazy quotes containing blatant lies and that show his total lack of knowledge of the situation he is commenting on. ..

D) Can’t get his own party to vote with his legislative agenda.

E) He does also get to claim an amazing win however, with him spending less and using almost none of the normal political infrastructure but that is only gonna borderline make the cut.

Most importantly all of that is VERY easily condensed into a paragraph or two..

With Trumps negatives you don’t need 2 pages to describe why those they are bad..

CONCLUSION:

Whether you believe Trump deserves any bad press he gets or that “the media , scientists and college professors are out to make conservatives look bad”, either way...

I just wonder if even trump fans think there is ANY chance he is remembered well???

For all the “Trumps the bestest ever”threads and media coverage. Does anyone really think there Is there ANY chance that is the way history will remember it???

edit on 17-1-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Both s##t

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
jumping the gun abit prematurely me thinks

link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Trump makes Andrew Jackson look like a stable person. Even Ulysses S. Grant, who let his friends personally loot the treasury looks like a statesman standing next to Trump.

I think it's safe to say Trump will be remembered as the stain he and his presidency are. Trump is so bad people are even looking at George W. Bush in a favorable light.

That pretty much says it all.

link   

I think the history books will say Obama saved the American economy in his two terms and Trump destroyed it in one.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
America & history have already decided.

Trump is the most unpopular US president in history

Asked to grade Trump's first year in office, more voters gave him an "F" than an "A" and "B" combined, according to a Politico/Morning Consult poll published on Tuesday. Thirty-five percent of respondents said the president failed his first year in office while 34 percent gave him an "A" or "B." Meanwhile, 14 percent marked him a "C" and 11 percent graded his performance a "D."

www.rawstory.com...

Obama is loved & revered in America & around the world, meanwhile the Mango Maggot can't even visit our closest ally because he will be protested against vigorously.

Trump is a disgrace.

K~

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Obama - corrupt scumbag politician.

Trump - corrupt scumbag businessman.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Neither should be remembered fondly, both did things that will make folk in the future reminisce and facepalm.

Obama could've done more if he didn't sit on his hands and back a clearly vindictive woman, and Trump could've shut his trap instead of provoking an unhinged tyrant with his playground taunts.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
History used to be written by the winners... but today, the school books are written by the same people who write the news.

Johnson like to go around telling people he had the biggest willy in town.

Grant liked getting naked in public.

History doesn't really focus on that stuff, but I think we've seen a shift in the last thirty years in how history will view presidents.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Ask again once Trump is out of office. The history books will base their judgements on the whole terms of both.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
We judge them in comparison to those who came immediately before and after them.

Usually the current president is the polar opposite of the previous.
Bush Sr - Bill Clinton - Bush Jr - Obama- Trump
Essentially after 8/4 years of liberal BS we go back to conservative BS. Rinse and repeat. Funny how we all seem to forget this after a few years.

D) I can think of no “history book” scandals.

Fast and furious...

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Trump V Obama ?

[Roosevelt] was always... finding new victims to loot and new followers to reward, flouting common sense, and boldly denying its existence, demonstrating by his anti-logic that two and two made five, promising larger and larger slices of the moon. His career will greatly engage historians, if any good ones ever appear in America, but it will be of even more interest to psychologists. He was the first American to penetrate to the real depths of vulgar stupidity. He never made the mistake of overestimating the intelligence of the American mob. He was its unparalleled professor. April 15, 1945

Depends on if America actually ever gets historians.

en.wikiquote.org...

Lincoln started the civil war. Suspended constitutional rights, Raped the South, and is loved.

Roosevelt Started a world war threw the Japanese in interment camps forced rationing on the citizenry and confiscated gold and silver. Created that ponzi scheme social security.

Absolutely loved.

Johnson was a epic racist the 'father' of civil rights, created the scams medicare, and medicaid.

Kennedy was an epic philanderer, and almost got us in to a nuclear war.

Americans are karazee who they put on pedestals.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Usually the current president is the polar opposite of the previous.
Bush Sr - Bill Clinton - Bush Jr - Obama- Trump
Essentially after 8/4 years of liberal BS we go back to conservative BS. Rinse and repeat. Funny how we all seem to forget this after a few years.

D) I can think of no “history book” scandals.

Fast and furious...

in regards to the bolded part, how so? their policies generally run parallel to each other. if anything obama stepped up what bush started

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Trump V Obama ?

[Roosevelt] was always... finding new victims to loot and new followers to reward, flouting common sense, and boldly denying its existence, demonstrating by his anti-logic that two and two made five, promising larger and larger slices of the moon. His career will greatly engage historians, if any good ones ever appear in America, but it will be of even more interest to psychologists. He was the first American to penetrate to the real depths of vulgar stupidity. He never made the mistake of overestimating the intelligence of the American mob. He was its unparalleled professor. April 15, 1945

en.wikiquote.org...

Lincoln started the civil war. Suspended constitutional rights, Raped the South, and is loved.

Roosevelt Started a world war threw the Japanese in interment camps forced rationing on the citizenry and confiscated gold and silver. Created that ponzi scheme social security.

Absolutely loved.

Johnson was a epic racist the 'father' of civil rights, created the scams medicare, and medicaid.

No need to ask who you voted for.

After all, for a guy who says FDR started WWII, that JFK "almost got us into a nuclear war" and Lincoln "Started the civil war and raped the south," you obviously have the ability to literally transition anything in your head to suit your own narrative, and you've been looking for historians to agree with you and Hanniity.

Others might say that the South started the Civil War by refusing to abolish slavery and firing on Fort Sumter.

They might say that FDR defeated Hitler and helped end the Great Depression

They might say that JFK stared down the Soviet Union, kept nukes out of Cuba and avoided WW III.

They could note that - racist or not - LBJ signed Civil Rights into law over and above the howling protestations of southern conservatives, which continue to this day, and can be heard in the cries of people criticizing Lincoln for "starting the Civil War" and "raping the South."

I don't get the sense that Johnson's racism bugs you, I think it was the signing the civil rights legislation that bothered you more.I could be wrong.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Obama is going to be looked on as one of the all times grates, even if his 8 years were not all that impressive.

He was sandwiched between bush and Trump.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Trump V Obama ?

en.wikiquote.org...

Absolutely loved.

This is the biggest load of utter bullsh#t I have ever read. Lincoln did not start the Civil War, the South did that when they seceded in 1861 after panicking because Lincoln was elected. As for Roosevelt starting a world war - I know that Americans believe that wars only really start when they become involved, but the Second World War started in September 1939, not December 1939, and Roosevelt was not the one who sent several million heavily armed men into Poland.
As for the statements about social security, medicare and medicaid, words fail me.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

for the most part.

i like that obama didn't turn out to be a muslim, communist who destroyed our economy and turned the world in to a NWO at force or took on a 3rd term by force (all of which was speculated by the right). i honestly like the fact that he extended olive branches to cuba and iran.

i don't like the fact he kept us in wars he promised to get us out of, that he continued to take away from americans privacy, that he wasn't able to negotiate and compromise with the right to get more done. i don't like the way obamacare turned out.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

It is called speculation lol.. the meat and potatoes of Internet forums.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I vote that instead of arguing amongst ourselves, We swallow our prides and egos and get rid of ALL the dirty $$$ grubbing bastages that continue to $ell Us down the river which is now polluted. Why do We continue to do this?

Think just about this nugget:

When You argue about a politician™; there is a far greater likelihood that You have more 'in common' with the person You are arguing with than that of the politician You're arguing about.

There are far more of Us than Them. It wouldn't take every erection to clean the slates, only the first couple. When someone can run for office and then come back a millionaire when the numbers don't jibe, then it is far time for removal.

"The winners write the history..." well it won't be written by 'We, The People...' because We got our heads so far up Our own arse, We don't even know if it night or day....

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

It wouldn't take every erection to clean the slates, only the first couple.

Dear god, I hope that's a typo. Otherwise, your plan is going to be "interesting" lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join