It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM is trying to pull the plug on the Russia Narrative

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
For the love of God almighty and all that is F'ing Holy, if I hear "THE RUSSIANS DID IT!" one more time, i'm going to go off the handle!

Is that the answer for everything? Every single avenue the Dems take has ended with "blah blah blah Russians!"

Hilary lost? Russians.
You also claim the voting machines were hacked? Yes, Russians.
DNC servers had an insider leak information? Nope, it was Russians.
Dossier? Russians.
But the dossier was authored by an intelligence agent...? Exactly, he found out from the Russians.
And the dossier comes back as being funded by the DNC and Fusion? Well, it was really the Russians.
What about this Uranium fiasco? Yes, it was Russians.
We know that, but what about the...../ Nope, let me stop you right there, and just say, Russians.
Marco Rubio's campaign failed? Russians.
Rejection of TPP? Russians.
Wikileaks? Russians.

Seriously, I literally can't even.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
A book published in November by a correspondent at the Guardian, "Collusion: Secret meetings, dirty money, and how Russia helped Donald Trump win," noted that Steele's 2010 work on the World Cup soccer corruption investigation won him the trust not only of the FBI, but the State Department as well. From author Luke Harding:

The [soccer] episode burnished Steele's reputation inside the U.S. intelligence community and the FBI. Here was a pro, a well-connected Brit, who understood Russian espionage and its subterranean tricks. Steele was regarded as credible. Between 2014 and 2016, Steele authored more than a hundred reports on Russia and Ukraine. These were written for a private client but shared widely within the State Department and sent up to Secretary of State John Kerry and to Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland, who was in charge of the U.S. response to the Ukraine crisis. Many of Steele's secret sources were the same sources who would supply information on Trump. One former State Department envoy during the Obama administration said he read dozens of Steele's reports on Russia. The envoy said that on Russia, Steele was "as good as the CIA or anyone." Steele's professional reputation inside U.S. agencies would prove important the next time he discovered alarming material, and lit the fuse again.

The writer of that book, Luke Jarding, knew Steele well, he also fully knew fully Putin's way of doing things and has no doubt there was collusion, and that Trump would be compromised into doing so, Manafort being a player there too.

So there is no putting Steele into the pigeon hole of being fooled by Putin no matter how hard you try to twist it.
A thread I started in December,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

For the love of God almighty and all that is F'ing Holy, if I hear "THE RUSSIANS DID IT!" one more time, i'm going to go off the handle!

Hey did you hear ?

The Russians caused Clinton to lose the last election,even after Team Clinton rigged their primaries. Their convention. Their Debates, Their polls, and colluded with the media.

But for the love of Putin please ignore everything after the comma.

They wuz robbed!

They wuz contenders!

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Yeah they are afraid that the whole illegal FISA deal will be exposed. Like i said Fusion GPS will be sacrificed next. Just wait for the typical MSM casting doubt on them. I'm enjoying this Steele Dossier trainwreck way too much.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

You could pretty well predict this by the way everyone who was involved in the dossier starter melding into the background shuffled away from high-profile positions. No reason to do that if it was all righteous. They're getting ahead of the bad news by saying, "we already demoted those guys a long time ago. Old news.". They'll need to rewrite the narrative again.

It's a race between finding something/anything to hang their hats on and all the actual "collusion" in the IC community being aired publicly, and time is running short. Full report from OIG still expected in March or April...

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Uh huh. That book sounds like it was written by a DNC committee, for the specific purpose of pushing the Russia Narrative.
Clearly, it seems to be trying to set Steele up as some kind of researching genius whose reputation is above reproach.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

I actually believe the opposite. Look at Bannon yesterday, and also why would the WH demand he not say anything? Does this make you make think uhhh what is going on?

Exactly, and today we hear Bannon wont have to go before the grand jury, because he is going to be interviewed by Muller's team.

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Yeah they are afraid that the whole illegal FISA deal will be exposed. Like i said Fusion GPS will be sacrificed next. Just wait for the typical MSM casting doubt on them. I'm enjoying this Steele Dossier trainwreck way too much.

And now, the official White House physician (appointed by President Obama, incidentally) just delivered the death blow to their hopes of using the 25th Amendment to get rid of Trump.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
originally posted by: smurfy

As shane says, the dossier is full of vague assertions.

When it does get specific, we can often easily prove its inaccurate, such as the story about cohen being in Prague to hep set up the agreement for ccollusion.

Seeing as how we know thats wrong, there are only two possibilities.

1. Steeles soources from the Kremlin lied to him, and by steele and those that funded him (the dnc, hillarys team etc.) pushing this lie, they actually gave the Kremlin the most direct path to hurting faith in our system.

2. Steele made up these claims and pushed them to hurt trump.

There is no getting around that, no matter how well the author of that book knows steele and is certain of things.

edit on 17-1-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

I actually believe the opposite. Look at Bannon yesterday, and also why would the WH demand he not say anything? Does this make you make think uhhh what is going on?

Exactly, and today we hear Bannon wont have to go before the grand jury, because he is going to be interviewed by Muller's team.

www.cnbc.com...

He can interview Bannon all he wants, but there was no Russian collusion, so what is Bannon going to say? That he doesn't like Jared & Ivanka? That Trump Jr. was stupid to go to that meeting? Everybody already knows that stuff. This is just Mueller still looking for witches.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
originally posted by: smurfy

As shane says, the dossier is full of vague assertions.

When it does get specific, we can often easily prove its inaccurate, such as the story about cohen being in Prague to hep set up the agreement for ccollusion.

Seeing as how we know thats wrong, there are only two possibilities.

1. Steeles soources from the Kremlin lied to him, and by steele and those that funded him (the dnc, hillarys team etc.) pushing this lie, they actually gave the Kremlin the most direct path to hurting faith in our system.

2. Steele made up these claims and pushed them to hurt trump.

There is no getting around that, no matter how well the author of that book knows steele and is certain of things.

Also, it's been fairly well established that the infamous "peeing hookers" claim was created by some doofus on 4Chan as a prank. Steele getting fooled by a 4Chan troll does not exactly bolster his cred as the final authority on collusion.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Does this mean that Pokemon is off the hook ...I sure hope so

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I don't think any of you understand the gravity of what happened.

Trump Said Sh!thole with reference to Haiti.

I think we all need to focus on that until the MSM tells us not to. Mkay.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
a reply to: smurfy

Uh huh. That book sounds like it was written by a DNC committee, for the specific purpose of pushing the Russia Narrative.
Clearly, it seems to be trying to set Steele up as some kind of researching genius whose reputation is above reproach.

You do hear Shane saying that is is a highly speculative theory, after saying that 'we think' the Russians were highly successful on disinfo against Clinton...why would he just say, 'we think'
Maybe because of guys like Cam Harris who worked for his boss David Vogt III, and lived in VogtIII's house...you'll remember the headline, “BREAKING: ‘Tens of thousands’ of fraudulent Clinton votes found in Ohio warehouse.” just one of many 'fake news' stories from Harris about the Clinton Campaign, until he confessed, type of thing Roger Stone is king at.
theintercept.com...

Shane I think actually broke that story, so what's he saying now...that Harris and Vogt were working for the Russians somehow, while doing the Republican party a favour? Why should they have bothered if the Russians were doing all that stuff, and by all accounts the Russians were, no one is questioning that now.
Of course then if Shane can speculate, then so can we all so.....I can speculate that Stone, and others may well have put it about to people like Harris and Vogt to do a bit of the fake stuff for Trump, and that Stone was working for the Russians via Trump, while the Russians themselves were doing the computer hacking...fits in well, even if what I say is all blarney... dunnit!
What Harris and Vogt were doing was deliberate fake news, though I guess you won't mind those 'little' details?

Oh! the book, Harding writes for, 'The Guardian' a leading not-for-profit newspaper, a pretty respectable paper by any standard, never mind today's, and is also a respected writer.
Is there anybody else you want to put down?

edit on 17-1-2018 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Im with you. I can't stand it. It's actually made me lose some regard for a few of the more shrill Democrats I know personally pushing this.a reply to: dothedew

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: visitedbythem

Yeah too bad it's not been proven fake. But you might ask why trump is trying so hard to get people to think it is. He knows it's not that's why.

Infowars isn't a valid source btw.

The dossier is fake, like everything funded by Hillary

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

Saying it doesn't make it true.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: M5xaz

Saying it doesn't make it true.

It's fake until proven true.

Just like in court.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yes, an apt description of the dossier, good job silly!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join