It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Apple Product Assemblers living a horror story thanks to Apple

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I agree that is a great philosophical difference between you and I.

The world is our community and every body on the planet is in our family. There is only one fish bowl. What happens in one part of it effects the rest. When folks can change their perception to see this, perhaps, all of our lives could be better. We could do away with money, status, greed, power, racism, religion, corruption. These are the very things that are holding us back. But you just keep thinking about your own private rock in our fishbowl. As if the rest of the place isn’t your concern.
edit on 17-1-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

The world is your community. There is only one fish bowl. What happens in one part of it effects the rest.

Yes, I heard you the first time....I just totally disagree.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

This is a China problem not an Apple problem. China lacks the worker protections of most first world countries.

Umm...why do you think companies like apple use nations with less than reputable attitudes towards their work forces? This practice is not limited to China, it spreads to Bangladesh, etc and these brands exploit these nation's lack of minimum wage rules, and yes it's not apples fault for said laws, but they are guilty as sin for exploiting those laws for their own gain.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Do you throw your trash in other people’s yards? Do you relieve yourself in public? I’m guessing you don’t. I’m guessing that many of the things you do are out of concern for other’s. You probably just don’t think of it that way.

Yes, you should take care of your family first. They are your priority. And no, you don’t need to fly to china and protest their standards and practices, but, maybe something in between. To each their own, but the more you reach out and help your community, the more it can reach out and help others.

The more we contemplate and implement what is fair for others, the higher that standard raises for every one by default.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I wish more people would realize how evil Apple is.
The conditions in the factories that make Apple products are so bad that the factories have to actively prevent employees from committing suicide while on the job just to escape.
They routinely tout their new products as having the latest and greatest technology and features, except it's just technology and features that have already existed for years in competing brands (my 3 year old $150 Android phone has better specs than the brand new $1,000 iPhone).
At one point they were actually soldering RAM onto the pc motherboards, so that instead of the customer being able to simply replace the RAM like in any other computer, they had to either send the computer back for a ridiculous repair charge, or buy an entirely new computer.
Oh, and the Apple executives are now facing serious prison time and massive fines from several countries around the world for the iPhone-slowing scandal where they were slowing down old devices to try to make people buy the newest ones.

I could go on and on.
Apple is built on a total lack of ethics and morality. I normally don't even care about business ethics, but Apple's practices are so outrageous that I refuse to touch anything they make.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

And another reason the chinese labor gets paid so little is it means more for apple and their shareholders.

The entire cost structure in China is low. To get a haircut, is just a fraction of what it costs in America. A trip to the dentist in China might cost about the same as a Haircut in the USA. That's why the Chinese labor gets paid so little. They don't need that higher salary that Americans need just to make it through the day.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

It is not just apple. It is every brand that manufactures in china. Because China allows that kind of #. Apple is actually one of the better factories there. Suicide is a huge problem with their culture, not just at the apple factories. There are very poor and crowded conditions with barely enough resources to go around. The cities are dirty and full of people with poor hygiene. They have a two kid limit because they know that any extra children will die from lack of resources.

This in not an Apple problem any more than it is a microsoft, samsung, LG, Sony, Nike, Reebok, problem. They are just taking advantage of the chinese governments lack of standards. If China raises the standards, manufacturing costs go up and the companies start looking elsewhere for labor. It’s already happening actually. Other south Asian states are gaining more facilities dailey.

It is a china problem. China has to raise their standard if the chinese people are to have a better standard.
edit on 17-1-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Why do we think Apple moved there? Laxer environmental standards, lower minimum wage, tax shelter, real estate, raw materials...

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Are you suggesting regulations on "free trade"?

Gasp

I am suggesting equity so the United States can compete and we can make things here in the good ol USA. Right now if we made electronics in America they would cost double what they do now. Apple only makes them in China to stay competitive.

To be clear...I want these jobs in America done by Americans.

Problem solved.

How can you be sure that the cost would be double? Where did that info come from? Is that a guess?

These could be built in the US, but the profits would not be likable to Apple, and that's my guess.

edit on 17-1-2018 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

And another reason the chinese labor gets paid so little is it means more for apple and their shareholders.

The entire cost structure in China is low. To get a haircut, is just a fraction of what it costs in America. A trip to the dentist in China might cost about the same as a Haircut in the USA. That's why the Chinese labor gets paid so little. They don't need that higher salary that Americans need just to make it through the day.

True things are less expensive, but with the wages they are earning afford them a life in abject poverty while they make products for the rich "capitalists".

They get paid so little because they have not had to form Unions, get shot by hired thugs, beat up and fired to gain a respectable amount of pay from this monster sized company .

edit on 17-1-2018 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Technically APPLE doesn't have factories.

Pegatron is the company that supplies Apple with its products.

And how is this Apples fault? Blame the company over in China and lax Chinese regulations.

www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

True things are less expensive, but with the wages they are earning afford them a life in abject poverty while they make products for the rich "capitalists".

They don't have to do this work.

It's not forced labor.

Any Chinese unhappy with his wage, can quit, and do something else.

He could do farming instead. Feed himself and his family, and then make a little extra on the side selling his farm produce to other villagers.

That's how they did it, before the likes of Apple Co. came and offered "city work".

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Many of the workers in these #hole factories move and work there to provide for their families that live in even poorer agricultural areas. Keep drinking the kool-aid though and keep buying the corporate lies.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: AMPTAH

Many of the workers in these #hole factories move and work there to provide for their families that live in even poorer agricultural areas. Keep drinking the kool-aid though and keep buying the corporate lies.

So, in other words, they want more than just food. They want the dream of getting rich. So, they come to the city factory, in search of greater wealth.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Truth be told,pretty much everything is being produced in China,Vietnam,Sri Lanka,Phillipines,whatever it cost's to produce in the US,they will make for 10 cents on the dollar,and I don't look for that to change,face it,just like when big company's move out of a state,the state has no money,so imagine the scenario of big buisness,pulling out of the US,that could happen,then what?,people never think things out ,maybe why the govt is pushing false reality

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Why do you make hit and run threads and never come back to address the posters???

At any rate. You can’t blame APPLE until it is profitable for them to open factories here and employ people state side , they’re never going to. They aren’t running a charity .

I dislike greed and the mistreatment of people as much as the next person , but at some point you have to look at the greed of the consumer driving the product

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   

That Usually Happens in a Country Ruled by a Dictatorship ..........

top topics

<< 1   >>

join