It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another "Mistaken" incoming NK ballistic missile alert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Hi ATS! I'm not certain this is the right forum, but accidental or not, I figured this belongs more in "Dissecting Disinformation" (maybe MISinformation?) than "World War III."

Japan’s public broadcaster on Tuesday accidentally sent news alerts that North Korea had launched a missile and that citizens should take shelter — just days after the government of Hawaii had sent a similar warning to its citizens.

Tuesday in Japan, another false incoming ballistic missile alert. Desktop Link
Mobile Site

Sure, either one could have been a mistake, but twice in a few days, with completely different individuals - and possibly (I don't know) alert system software/interface?

Japan issued their "WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!" retraction 5 minutes after the alert.

I can see the possibility of a nervous operator in Japan, so focused on "don't screw this up", that they screw it up. Happens all the time in life. I was throwing a baseball against a brick wall near a window as a teen. Must have thrown about 80 pitches in a row, most right in the strike zone. A kid came by and said, "be careful or you'll break the window." Sure enough, next pitch was 3 feet off target, breaking the window. So I'll take that as a possibility.

I find it less likely otherwise that it was random chance. Sure, these things are probably being tested and updated more right now as Big Kimberly grows more capable, and less stable by the day, but the coincidence just seems to be TOO much.

With this second incident of "operator error", I'm leaning further toward it being done on purpose - some kind of early steps, pre-war psy-op prep on our (US/Japan) population. Planting a seed to grow into further fear and awareness of the threat which we maybe need to pre-emptively do something about.

The far-less likely, more "woo" possibility I can imagine is that nukes flew for real and were missile-defensed out of the sky, and this is cover-up. Since I don't know the limits of cover-up capabilities, I can't say this isn't a possibility, though I don't think it's a likely scenario.
edit on 1/17/2018 by dogstar23 because: Screwed up a whole paragraph

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Hrm. Am I the only one thinking this has to be going somewhere?... False-flag-ish..?

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Or a way of gauging the response from the populations in question and to see if they are frightened enough.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Yeah there was a thread yesterday on this. The Hawaii one, was an accident. The genius who designed the Hawaii program, put the options on a drop down menu, next to each other. One was test, the other was, this is not a test. The person who did it has been removed from that position, and they are going to fix the issue.

Not sure about Japan, but definitely an accident in Hawaii. The thing that is messed up, it took over 35 Min for the false alarm to be issued.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Everything is fake now even our false flags are fake.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

"The person who did it has been removed from that position,"

No doubt a thankless and stressful job........... but in the news, a man died of a heart attack brought on by the fear of an imminent nuclear attack.

There are consequences for mistakes.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Ballistic missile false alarms, Meteor sightings (Increased?), Flashes and Booms. It's almost as if an alien invasion has begun.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Yeah there was a thread yesterday on this. The Hawaii one, was an accident. The genius who designed the Hawaii program, put the options on a drop down menu, next to each other. One was test, the other was, this is not a test. The person who did it has been removed from that position, and they are going to fix the issue.

Yeah sure...because if the US government was successfully hacked by an unknown party and had a missile warning trigger i am OH SO SURE they would be completely honest about it and the general public would be the first ones to know...

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Korean Peace talks? Bah...

Missile Alert, Missile Alert!

Go back to sleep sheep. The Ministry of Information will wake you when Korea is destroyed.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

false flag post.
edit on 17-1-2018 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

I can't say it was definitely an accident, as I didn't witness everything that happened first-hand. I can say that a nice tidy explanation was set forth. Whether it was true or not, only a handful of people know for sure.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: YarlanZey
Or a way of gauging the response from the populations in question and to see if they are frightened enough.

Right. In my long-winded way, that's part of what I meant by "early psy-op." Both a way to influence the public mindset, and to guage it as well.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Didn't find the previously posted thread on this. HERE it is

I'm surprised by the relative lack of interest. Guess if there's anything to it besides a cross-cultural inability of 2 individuals to avoid making a simple, yet horrible error, we have a good starting point to follow now.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Hi there, I posted a little something about this as it happened a few day back.

CB's Link

top topics

join