It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems worried census now asking about citizenship will cost Cali seat and money

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

No excuse. They are not a 'race' they are an ethnic group. Each 'race' has Latino/Non-Latino. I am just stating a fact that a lot of people are not aware of.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

yes that question never should have been struck. it disables states with large populations of non citizens from get extra voting power.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

No excuse. They are not a 'race' they are an ethnic group. Each 'race' has Latino/Non-Latino. I am just stating a fact that a lot of people are not aware of.

Latinos are people that moved from Spain, white people, to south america raped and plundered and made babies with the locals.

Latinos are mostly white Europeans.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Dude just relax Cali doesn't get to count illiagal immigrants and their refusal to I force federal law won't work. We're not counting illiagal immigrants get over it

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
im curious how this whole governor race plays out in california. its the first time in my lifetime of living in california that ive seen republicans able to actually put a republican msg out in political ad rather then having to pander to the left in the hopes people may vote for them. im hoping after living in a state where your vote doesdnt count, where their incompetence has caused over a trillion in debt, where 200,000 had to be evacuated because of their crookedness, where we have a 2 billion dollar project no one voted on that every agency opposes along with every resident in the affected region that will destroy the environment, in a state that punished u the people for their lack of preparation with our water resources, for a growing population of which theyve had over half a century to correct but lets keep dumping 50% of our water down the drain so we can try and help a non native fish in our waterways, and even after 5+ years of never being able to do that right while decimating the smelt of 99% of its population in the waterway, they still continue on with it. meanwhile the people get an 8% share and we are restricted and fined.... agriculture gets pooped on aswell as they restrict the farmers rights, many of which paid for the waterways to be built in the first place, driving up their prices and making them less viable on the global market destroying our tax revenue. if your in california and your happy with the people who have been in power for decades, i have to ask u, DO YOU HAVE BRAIN DAMAGE?

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

Latinos are people that moved from Spain, white people, to south america raped and plundered and made babies with the locals.

Spanish aren't 'white' like western/northern Europeans though. Lots of foreign students in my town, you can spot the Spaniards a mile off, different skin tone even in winter so ignore any claims of sun tans.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: MikeA
LOL really. Not the dealer who was killed so your dealer could take his spot, the people who live in Mexico who are suppressed so the cartel can can run through, the CBP officer who was shot for getting in the way. Just because you don't know or see the victims doesn't mean they don't exist dumb a$$. I'm sorry but you're just far too blinded by your own stupidity to to rate my attention. Just remember one day someone like me is going to put you in jail. While I'm drinking a beer and watching the game, you'll be trying to figure out how to pick up the soap without making a new friend. ROFLMAO

You're really going off the deep end on this.

Does your wife have a pretty diamond wedding ring? Would you like to know how many human rights violations were committed to get that diamond from the ground to market? Are you curious if anyone died in the process?

Did you know there are several movies, books and documentaries relating the CIA's involvement in coc aine smuggling? How many agents have you arrested in your time as a Coast Guard?

Did you know there are people who are growing Marijuana in Colorado and *gasp* selling it to housemoms? How many people were murdered cultivating those crops?

Your black-and-white worldview is disheartening considering you're probably old enough to know better.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

Spanish aren't 'white' like western/northern Europeans though. Lots of foreign students in my town, you can spot the Spaniards a mile off, different skin tone even in winter so ignore any claims of sun tans.

Some white people tan really good.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Spain and Portugul are white countries, as is alot of the southern black sea even on down to Israel these days.

Is it wrong to consider them white?

I dont think so.
edit on 1192018 by Butterfinger because: name

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Wanna bet?

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Well that's not what it is. If you want it to be something different then get it legislated and change it. Right now it's used to determine how many people are walking the sidewalks and driving on the roads. It's used to determine school funding and subsidies. It's used to determine the number of representatives, it's used to determine federal funding for lots of programs. The legal people will suffer.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

The other side of the equation: all of that, but used by the people with a legal right to use it. Like people who are paying taxes, etc.

California has chosen to take the burden of funding their bad decisions on themselves.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I'll bet they try

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Spain and Portugul are white countries, as is alot of the southern black sea even on down to Israel these days.

Is it wrong to consider them white?

I dont think so.

I didn't say it was wrong, just that their skin tone in winter isn't as pale as the average Brit. If you disagree fair enough we'll have to just let it slide.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Well that's not what it is. If you want it to be something different then get it legislated and change it. Right now it's used to determine how many people are walking the sidewalks and driving on the roads. It's used to determine school funding and subsidies. It's used to determine the number of representatives, it's used to determine federal funding for lots of programs. The legal people will suffer.

Then there’s that pesky little question Obama put on there about citizenship.

Question: why should California or any other state get funding for illegal immigrants they are illegally harboring?

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

a reply to: MikeA

You can save your moral outrage, and look up what the term "infraction" means from a legal sense.

I know what it means. It means a minor violation. I'm not talking about having a party with the music a little too high. I'm talking about doing 50 through a school zone, not 26. You're right 26 is an infraction, 50 is a crime. They are called traffic laws, not traffic suggestions.

No need to get so salty. You said "from speeding to murder". Without further qualification, I thought it best to at least make mention.

I'm not getting salty as you put it. I served in the Coast Guard chasing drug runners and illegals. My son is currently a cop, my daughter is an ADA, my youngest daughter is a CBP officer. My family has been protecting this country since 1729. For me it's black and white, something is a crime or it's not. We can vote for it but once it is we don't get to decide if we want to do it or not.

I ignore laws that are inconvenient. I create no victims. And im cool with that.

The world doesn't sum to zero, and nothing is black and white.

Well then like it or not you are a criminal. There's also no such thing as a victimless crime. That's just some bs a defense lawyer came up with to lesson the impact of his clients actions. If I steal your car it's considered a victimless crime because no one got hurt. That's a load of crap, you got hurt. Sure you can get a new car, but until then you ride the bus.

Where are you hearing this nonsense? If you steal my car, i am the victim of robbery. "Victim" has nothing to do with violence, it has to do with if you are directly impacted.

A victimless crime is a guy smoking pot at home. No one but him is impacted by that act.

LOL really. Not the dealer who was killed so your dealer could take his spot, the people who live in Mexico who are suppressed so the cartel can can run through, the CBP officer who was shot for getting in the way. Just because you don't know or see the victims doesn't mean they don't exist dumb a$$. I'm sorry but you're just far too blinded by your own stupidity to to rate my attention. Just remember one day someone like me is going to put you in jail. While I'm drinking a beer and watching the game, you'll be trying to figure out how to pick up the soap without making a new friend. ROFLMAO

What if he grows his own pot from his own plants?

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xenogears

a reply to: MikeA

You can save your moral outrage, and look up what the term "infraction" means from a legal sense.

I know what it means. It means a minor violation. I'm not talking about having a party with the music a little too high. I'm talking about doing 50 through a school zone, not 26. You're right 26 is an infraction, 50 is a crime. They are called traffic laws, not traffic suggestions.

No need to get so salty. You said "from speeding to murder". Without further qualification, I thought it best to at least make mention.

I'm not getting salty as you put it. I served in the Coast Guard chasing drug runners and illegals. My son is currently a cop, my daughter is an ADA, my youngest daughter is a CBP officer. My family has been protecting this country since 1729. For me it's black and white, something is a crime or it's not. We can vote for it but once it is we don't get to decide if we want to do it or not.

I ignore laws that are inconvenient. I create no victims. And im cool with that.

The world doesn't sum to zero, and nothing is black and white.

Well then like it or not you are a criminal. There's also no such thing as a victimless crime. That's just some bs a defense lawyer came up with to lesson the impact of his clients actions. If I steal your car it's considered a victimless crime because no one got hurt. That's a load of crap, you got hurt. Sure you can get a new car, but until then you ride the bus.

Where are you hearing this nonsense? If you steal my car, i am the victim of robbery. "Victim" has nothing to do with violence, it has to do with if you are directly impacted.

A victimless crime is a guy smoking pot at home. No one but him is impacted by that act.

What if he grows his own pot from his own plants?

Well then you know then, uh then uh, of course you then uh you know uh well then uh....

edit on 1/19/2018 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

California's answer?

www.foxnews.com...

Lawmakers from California have proposed a bill that would compel companies making more than $1 million to turn over half their tax-cut savings to the state in order to fund programs that support low-income and middle-class families.  

So now they plan to take half of the new tax breaks from businesses to fund social programs.

As if it isn't already difficult for businesses in California?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join