It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems worried census now asking about citizenship will cost Cali seat and money

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: MikeA

a reply to: MikeA

You can save your moral outrage, and look up what the term "infraction" means from a legal sense.

I know what it means. It means a minor violation. I'm not talking about having a party with the music a little too high. I'm talking about doing 50 through a school zone, not 26. You're right 26 is an infraction, 50 is a crime. They are called traffic laws, not traffic suggestions.

No need to get so salty. You said "from speeding to murder". Without further qualification, I thought it best to at least make mention.

I'm not getting salty as you put it. I served in the Coast Guard chasing drug runners and illegals. My son is currently a cop, my daughter is an ADA, my youngest daughter is a CBP officer. My family has been protecting this country since 1729. For me it's black and white, something is a crime or it's not. We can vote for it but once it is we don't get to decide if we want to do it or not.

I ignore laws that are inconvenient. I create no victims. And im cool with that.

The world doesn't sum to zero, and nothing is black and white.

Well then like it or not you are a criminal. There's also no such thing as a victimless crime. That's just some bs a defense lawyer came up with to lesson the impact of his clients actions. If I steal your car it's considered a victimless crime because no one got hurt. That's a load of crap, you got hurt. Sure you can get a new car, but until then you ride the bus.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I don't have a problem with the question. It's needed info. I thought the census already asked it to be honest. From what I remember, the Canada census has always asked about citizenship so I figured it was the same in the US.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

You can save your moral outrage, and look up what the term "infraction" means from a legal sense.

I know what it means. It means a minor violation. I'm not talking about having a party with the music a little too high. I'm talking about doing 50 through a school zone, not 26. You're right 26 is an infraction, 50 is a crime. They are called traffic laws, not traffic suggestions.

No need to get so salty. You said "from speeding to murder". Without further qualification, I thought it best to at least make mention.

I'm not getting salty as you put it. I served in the Coast Guard chasing drug runners and illegals. My son is currently a cop, my daughter is an ADA, my youngest daughter is a CBP officer. My family has been protecting this country since 1729. For me it's black and white, something is a crime or it's not. We can vote for it but once it is we don't get to decide if we want to do it or not.

I ignore laws that are inconvenient. I create no victims. And im cool with that.

Well then like it or not you are a criminal. There's also no such thing as a victimless crime. That's just some bs a defense lawyer came up with to lesson the impact of his clients actions. If I steal your car it's considered a victimless crime because no one got hurt. That's a load of crap, you got hurt. Sure you can get a new car, but until then you ride the bus.

Where are you hearing this nonsense? If you steal my car, i am the victim of robbery. "Victim" has nothing to do with violence, it has to do with if you are directly impacted.

A victimless crime is a guy smoking pot at home. No one but him is impacted by that act.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
When I'm in Bulgaria they don't give an F about my opinion as I'm not a citizen.

Why should it be any different here?

Perhaps Bulgaria is just racist towards me. But I'm white and so are they. Hot damn, what confounding pickle that is.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
When I'm in Bulgaria they don't give an F about my opinion as I'm not a citizen.

Why should it be any different here?

Perhaps Bulgaria is just racist towards me. But I'm white and so are they. Hot damn, what confounding pickle that is.

Yea, but they talk funny, so you can still pick on them.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
This is exactly the reason GOP are putting it on the census. The constitution states persons not citizens are used to determine the amount of delegates. The GOP is trying to scare away non-citizens from responding.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Where are you hearing this nonsense? If you steal my car, i am the victim of robbery. "Victim" has nothing to do with violence, it has to do with if you are directly impacted.

A victimless crime is a guy smoking pot at home. No one but him is impacted by that act.

LOL really. Not the dealer who was killed so your dealer could take his spot, the people who live in Mexico who are suppressed so the cartel can can run through, the CBP officer who was shot for getting in the way. Just because you don't know or see the victims doesn't mean they don't exist dumb a$$. I'm sorry but you're just far too blinded by your own stupidity to to rate my attention. Just remember one day someone like me is going to put you in jail. While I'm drinking a beer and watching the game, you'll be trying to figure out how to pick up the soap without making a new friend. ROFLMAO

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

dude, you're really stretching here.

Does this mean drinking coffee is a crime. Because I prefer Colombian coffee and they also produce coc aine. So I can only assume that they employ members of the same family and therefore I'm supporting coke traffickers. Using your reasoning, nothing on the planet is "victimless". So I do expect you to arrest yourself.

You made an error. Don't try to cover it up with name calling and ridiculous stretches of the imagination.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Besides, all of those illegal Hispanics are just lumped into the checkbox "White" anyways....they are not counted in a census but what it funny, as of 2014, they will start to count Middle Eastern Americans.

The Census...it is not only those of 'color' who hide...

edit on Janpm31pmf0000002018-01-17T15:42:14-06:000314 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
they don't care they cheat

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

The census determines how many seats in the House of Representatives each state will receive. That has a lot to do with voting. Voting in the Congress.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

It did. At some point, it was removed. It's being put back in.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

So upholding the law is revenge? Who knew?

I'm all in favor of "Law and Order", when it's "my law", and everyone is obeying "my orders."

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

The census determines how many seats in the House of Representatives each state will receive. That has a lot to do with voting. Voting in the Congress.

Really, in canada a census is to figure out how many people live where so the government figures out who gets what money.

So what your saying is a census has nothing to do about how many people vote.
edit on 17-1-2018 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Besides, all of those illegal Hispanics are just lumped into the checkbox "White" anyways....they are not counted in a census but what it funny, as of 2014, they will start to count Middle Eastern Americans.

So latinos arent white people

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

In America "White" means "WASP"..White "Anglo" Saxon Protestant..the Anglo is "English Speaking". So, if you can't speak English you're not White in America.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
I fail to see how a question about citizenship status could be seen as a threat to anyone who has completed all of the proper requirements for entry into the country.

Nothing to hide means nothing to fear, right?

Those who are opposed to it:

A recent request by the Department of Justice to add a question on citizenship to the 2020 census could threaten participation, and as a consequence, affect the allocation of federal money and distribution of congressional seats.

The Atlantic

They state flat out that they are worried that an accurate count would affect the funds received and congressional seats apportioned. If there are illegal immigrants being used to calculate those numbers, then that is where the problem lies, not in ensuring those elements are excluded.

Each census form can represent eight people and one home, a whole fleet of cars, which will all have an impact on schools and roads.

www2.census.gov...

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

In America "White" means "WASP"..White "Anglo" Saxon Protestant..the Anglo is "English Speaking". So, if you can't speak English you're not White in America.

I was hoping that the poster would reply, i wanted to see what excuse he had to call latinos non white.
edit on 17-1-2018 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

That is so Southerner during the Civil War. Remember how they wanted to count all their slaves for the purposes of getting political power even though they were never going to let those slaves vote?

Yeah, so let's count the illegals who can't likewise legally vote ... because it gives us political power and gives our state more tax money.

I can't imagine why the state with the highest poverty level would ever want to do such a thing.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Too bad the census isn't for determining citizenship but for determining how many people live in our country.
The neighborhoods will suffer if it's under reported. I'm sure trump is all about that #. Make brown people suffer.

Actually I think the census should be used to prove citizenship or legal status for all humans in the United States. If those “sanctuary”cities or states want to illegally harbor illegal immigrants then that city or state should pay for the costs of keeping them there.... no matter what their color is. , being that color has nothing to do with legal status.

I don’t know why people like you always have to put race or color in every situation especially where it is completely pointless.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join