It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raw Water, Why Is That A Thing.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Lol ..yeah?? well my wife thinks she can turn water into wine.

Yeah...mine turns money into stiletto's & pumps

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Here's the thing:

For as long as there have been idiots, there have been people willing to corner the markets presented by their idiocy. This particular derivative of snake oil, leverages some absolutely demonstrable truths about government and health, to sell people something which no scientifically aware individual would dare put in their bodies, unless the situation was so dire that dying of thirst would become a real possibility in the next thirty hours.

Lets be realistic about what this stuff is, first of all.

This is water which comes straight from a mountain stream or similar watercourse, goes through a pumping station, does in fact get filtered through a membrane, before being pushed into a bottling plant, bottled up, and put into circulation as a consumable product.

The "theory" being put forward by the people selling this stuff, revolves around the idea that bacteria are not always bad for you, which is ABSOLUTELY true, and also relies upon the idea that not only is the water pumped into your house of low standard of cleanliness (which, depending on your location and some other variables, may be true), but has had the bacteria stripped out of it, as well as any other mineral value that might be in it.

As with any pack of total balderdash involved in a hornswoggle, the notion that raw water is the answer to this, revolves around being able to trick people into focusing not on the products SPECIFIC contents, but on the contents of alternative sources of water, AND on the small kernels of truth that the artificer has placed within their scam, to give it legitimacy. After all, who cannot find an example of reports of poor water quality from the tap? And who can honestly say that they have never seen a bottle of water on a shelf for sale, which was heavily filtered, treated, purified and then placed on the shelf, removing components which were to be found in the original source?

Of course it is true that sometimes tap water quality is low. Of course it is true that most bottled water has been heavily filtered to remove impurities. However, focusing on these things means the swindle works, because it takes all the attention off the product itself, the raw water.

Here is the main problem with raw water. The claim that bacteria can be good for you is accurate, but to suggest that all bacteria are good for you, or even that the bacterial contents of raw water are good for you, is false.

All bacteria are certainly NOT good for you. There are countless cases of water infected with nasties, causing multiple organ failure, brain death, skin conditions ranging from the fantastically painful to the necrotic, bladder infections, gastrointestinal and bowel troubles ranging from the utterly terrifying to the outright lethal, and that is just as a result of bacteria, leave alone any chemical trace found in the water as a result of chemical contamination, by whatever means.

So sure, its true that some bacteria which can be found in the wild are perfectly fine, maybe even beneficial to the human body, but there is absolutely no way to be certain that those are the bacteria found within the raw water being sold to the public currently, because each bottle would have to be tested to make sure that nothing untoward were found within it. Such is the nature of the thing, and this says nothing of viral content, which, without sterilisation cannot be removed from water with any reliability at all. And the trouble with this is as follows. First of all the body also contains viruses as a matter of course, just like it does bacteria. But just like with bacteria, not ALL viruses are good for the body, and some of the ones which will inevitably make their way into this fad water, are simply terrifyingly lethal.

en.wikipedia.org...

Above, I have provided a link to one such nasty, but there are far too many to count, which could easily find themselves inside raw water, with absolutely no baffle to their being consumed by a person. Let me be perfectly clear here. The viruses and bacteria which can kill you, will not be removed from the raw water you drink, by any process which leaves the good bacteria and viruses in the product.

Tap water may be dicey in places, and regular bottled water might be lacking in mineral benefits, but the answer to that is not to do the equivalent of sticking your face in a stagnant pond, or down stream of a beaver dam, and sucking up a couple of gallons every day or so. That is fundamentally stupid, asking for a Darwin award, and to pay to be awarded the thing to boot, compounding the stupidity even further.

I do not recommend this in the slightest bit, for that reason.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
Ever drink Mexican water ? It will get your attention, for some time. Not bad if you have an appointment for a Colonoscopy .....lol....

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

LOL!

Exactly! Mind you, when the doctor says that they prefer people to "clean the area out thoroughly" before the procedure, I do not believe that is what they mean!

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I got a well, it goes down right on the side of an underground river. The water is great tasting, the base of my well is on some sort of calcium rich rock, it looks like limestone. The well driller ran into that and stopped drilling, there was a pile nest to the well and I asked him if he was putting that stone into the bottom, he said it was the opposite. He called it limestone, but we actually have a little different version of the mineral here.

I sure wouldn't pay a lot of money for water coming out of a stream. Maybe a natural spring, even then I would be skeptical of what is in it.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
People that are buying into this "raw water" craze are very uninformed imo.

There is a reason why there are water treatment plants. It doesn't matter how fresh or pure you believe the source of the water to be. There are metals, minerals, bacteria etc that need to be either taken out or destroyed. SMDH
edit on 17-1-2018 by superman2012 because: forgot a word

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
a reply to: TrueBrit
Ever drink Mexican water ? It will get your attention, for some time. Not bad if you have an appointment for a Colonoscopy .....lol....

That depends on which town or city you are drinking it from. There are different bacteria and parasites there then we are used to in the US and Canada. They affect our body differently from how they affect the local populaces body. Trust me, your body gets used to it rather quickly.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I had very few illnesses when I was growing up and drinking well water. We didn't boil or filter it either.

My problems started up as a teen once we moved into town and started dealing with city water. Bye bye thyroid. Fluoride made sure it was beaten into submission. There was a resolution brought up here in town a couple of years ago by a councilman to move away from fluoride in the city water. He was concerned about the increasingly high numbers of younger people developing thyroid issues and the connection to fluoride in the water. Of course, the local dentists were up in arms over it and the resolution was shot down totally.

Hey, my thyroid no longer functions and I'm bound to taking synthetic hormones for the rest of my life or risk my body slowly and painfully deteriorating, but at least my teeth are protected!

For the record, I had zero cavities growing up. No city water, no fluoridation. Just the usual brushing ritual.

If I could afford a system to strip out the fluoride from our water, I'd do it in an instant.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: watchitburn

Drinking from a garden hose is known to the state of California to cause cancer.

So is wearing certain kinds of boots. I couldn't believe it when I saw that warning on rubber boots. It seems like everything in California gives you cancer.

I'm starting to believe it is California in general.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Pretty soon just living in California will be known to cause cancer. That's how many things in California are known to cause cancer.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

Well, it won't be a "thing" for long as people start getting dysentery, lead poisoning or any other such nasty thing that might be found in the water.

And that's when the FDA starts raiding raw water bottling facilities like the USDA raids raw milk selling farmers ...

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
Of late I've been coming across certain commenter's view on some new craze kicking off in San Francisco, and California in general, but before I go on here is what it supposed to be.

The idea seems attractive enough: pure drinking water drawn from a sparkling stream and bottled without any extra chemicals or additives.

www.cbc.ca...

Hmmm so far so good until you read further down link.
The cost,the cost can be anywhere from 33$ to 60$ a freakin bottle, now after yrs of conspiracy theories on fluoride and gay frogs, some super kool folks "ahem" Libs have joined with far right Cons, but out did them by turning a buck out of it.

But remember when bottled water was a like WTH do I need bottled water for, that was for rich pretentious azzholes with their Perrier and Gray Poupon , the rest of us did fine with tap, with or with out a filter, rusty piping , boil it then cool it.
But now ,even I , spending money on bottled water so don't get too full of yourself, before you know it you maybe heading down to your corner store 60 bucks in hand.

My parents have this at their home, its called well water....lol Its crystal clear, and tastes great. It is hard though and sometimes it does have a sulfur smell. Which is normal, they live in a rural and highly volcanic area. But not all well, spring, stream, river water is clean. People need to be careful. Where we grew up in the Bay Area we also had a well but we could only use it to water the yard, and you could't let it get on the cars. It would leave white spots you could never get off.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow
You must have been drinking lots of heavily fluoridated water for that to happen!

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Lol that was what I was referring to

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

a reply to: kurthall

I drank bottled water because of my wife

I drink wine because of my wife!

Lol ..yeah?? well my wife thinks she can turn water into wine..

Well.. I can turn wine into water.. Sort of water.

That yellow stuff that smells of pee?

Isn't that just really bad white wine ... or certain types of beer?

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimmley
Me too, considering that just about everything is known to cause cancer there.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:45 AM
link   

I guess they tired from eating Tide pods,now they want to see how to catch Guiardia,why do you think hikers use a cleansing unit to filter water before drinking,what a bunch of numbskulls

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join