It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New California Declares Independence From Rest Of State

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
Ahhhhhh. Wake up and smell the Russian Troll Farm. This came through Russia Today.

This is what's known as #fakenews

*sips covfefe as we no longer have coffee*

Well if it's fake news it's a batch of fake news that the msm has taken and run with. CBS, NBC, US News, and USA Today have all reported it. I didn't see one list RT as their source. The New California people have a website, too...

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
a reply to: ketsuko

I imagine they would have to expand their desalination plants. Though, if that water will not be used for irrigation but urban only...it may be possible to limit the environmental risk effects. Obviously, a viable option for Coastal California.

It sure would be nice to see an end to the desertification of the rest of California that supplies those large urban areas. Talk about an environmental risk!

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
What exactly is the industry in New California?

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Agriculture and mining. Maybe light leisure traffic for service and hospitality to benefit from.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

And in my opinion, it should happen. I appreciate the ability to freely travel and move from state-to-state in America, but sometimes, when a state has been so stagnantly seated in one political way of thinking that does not represent a large portion of the state, it might be time to consider dividing up the state, especially if it's one of the largest in the nation, both in population and in area.

I often advocate the idea of "if you don't like it, you can always move somewhere else," (which is why I don't live in California anymore), but at the same time, it's sometimes appropriate to be an advocate of splitting up a state when that state's government generally focuses on the best interest of those who live in a few highly-populated areas.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBadCabbie

Ahhhhhh. Wake up and smell the Russian Troll Farm. This came through Russia Today.

Well if it's fake news it's a batch of fake news that the msm has taken and run with. CBS, NBC, US News, and USA Today have all reported it. I didn't see one list RT as their source. The New California people have a website, too...

The Republic of Texas does this every four or five years and nothing comes of it. Californians are not that disaffected. I was in Scotland during the time when they were voting on independence, and the issue was EVERYwhere. I was in California this past week (San Jose) and nobody talked about the issue.

There are no good reasons to split up any state.

Population-wise and economic-wise, California is a powerhouse (like Texas.) Break it up into smaller states and you suddenly lose a lot of influence and money and services.

Besides, it's not like the disaffected are trapped there and can't emigrate. There are other states that would suit them better and nothing prevents them from leaving and resettling.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

The ROT is looney enough that even the loonies won't pay any attention to them.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

We have very large areas of the desert that can be used for solar, mining.
There are areas next to railroads that can be used to build almost any type industry.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Something that I'd been thinking about is that Orange County (OC) is included in New California. OC has Disneyland, California Adventure and Knott's Berry Farm, as well as the Orange County Fair. It might be small potatoes of $ compared to other industries, but I think the money they bring in would be helpful.
edit on 2018 1 19 by oldme because: fixed typos o.O

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBadCabbie

Yeah was/is being shared throughout the media. I don't see any info on it being backed as the CalExit was. I'm assuming people clicked on the thread thinking New California is about leaving the country and it's not. I should have clarified in the title but I used the source title as required by T&C for sharing articles.
edit on 19-1-2018 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: TheBadCabbie

The Republic of Texas does this every four or five years and nothing comes of it. Californians are not that disaffected. I was in Scotland during the time when they were voting on independence, and the issue was EVERYwhere. I was in California this past week (San Jose) and nobody talked about the issue.

Well it's pretty new, so I guess we'll see.

There are no good reasons to split up any state.

California is not Texas. I'm not an expert on Texas politics, but I'm pretty sure they'd have to really work at it to run their state as poorly as California runs theirs. California is not a wisely run state. There are major incentives to want to split it, like poor representation for the demographics that cover a majority of the state's geographic area for one. Whether those are good reasons or not I suppose might be a matter of some contention. For California this could be a very good thing, in my opinion. It's not Texas, it's not run like Texas.

Population-wise and economic-wise, California is a powerhouse (like Texas.) Break it up into smaller states and you suddenly lose a lot of influence and money and services.

Besides, it's not like the disaffected are trapped there and can't emigrate. There are other states that would suit them better and nothing prevents them from leaving and resettling.

I see your points here. I think Texas laws tend to offer more rural representation, so there is less incentive for your average rural Texan to want to split. Whether rural residents are more represented or not in Texas, the laws would seem less repugnant to the average rural resident.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

This is a late response but... bingo.

I trust the motivations for this are political though. A new state, additional EC points heavily in favour of Rs etc.

Ya know there's always Nevada.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

I'm not so sure it will either. Here's a more recent state change that was called for in 2016:
Six Californias

Are you guys hearing anything outside of the OP article MSM(CBS)? Wonder how widespread the talk is.

it comes up every 2-year election cycle....same news, different year.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Wind power, solar power, hydro power, mining, food. wood products, meat, ECT ECT ECT.
We will have lower taxes and less regulations then liberal calif and a lot of businesses will just move to new Calif for the breaks.
Selling water and power to the rest of Calif at a fair price instead of having it taken by them for free.

Also there will complete ban on guns and ammo shipments to liberal calif through new Calif.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join