It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smells like fake crypto news to me.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Yep, if there was any question to the integrity and validity of the news organizations, I found this gem for your smiling views!

Title:

Just one major cryptocurrency is gaining amid a market-wide sell-off

Most major digital currencies suffered massive drops over the last 24 hours, but one token actually appeared to have posted gains. It's called tether, and the digital asset aims to link the cryptocurrency environment to the fiat world by tying each token to government-backed currency. One tether token is meant to equal $1, but price-checking website CoinMarketCap shows the price varying by a few cents over time.

www.cnbc.com...

What is clear here is that there is an aim to get out 'some' factual information. However, that is not relative to the title.

I got a good chuckle out of this!
edit on 16-1-2018 by JinMI because: Source

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I keep hearing words like Blockchain, Mining, and Hash rate and it reminds me of fake monopoly or penny stock but worse, like FB Farmville!

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   
oh good, checking into this one, might be a competitor for XRP

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

We have the war on drugs, the war on terror, must time for the war on crypto .

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

If the same effects are achieved, let the war begin!

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   

In my mind its seems inevitable, they can argue leaders like kimi can buy uranium and other goodies which can potentially be very destructive, there have quite a few aces up their sleeves.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   

tether is centralized and manipulated, beware that one.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: NobodiesNormal

I know. I guess maybe it flew over some folks heads but this is a crypto directly attributed to the dollar. Considered a safe haven when the market goes wonky.

In other words, it doesn't fluctuate more than +/- .10

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:38 AM
link   
So are you saying that Tether doesn't really count as a cryptocurrency because it is tethered to fiat? That makes sense, damn, I should have moved my Ethereum there... I was looking for a safe place to move it.

There definitely was a market correction across all currencies over the past day or two, it might be over, I'm not sure.

I am thinking of using an AI bot to predict the crypto markets for a month or so and see how that goes, but it wants me to buy a bunch of junk coins that aren't on any exchanges.
edit on 17amWed, 17 Jan 2018 01:39:37 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

There is some controversy around it, so I don't think it's without faults although I don't have sources for that.

tether.to...

How much gold is in Fort Knox?

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   

So what is it then exactly? The petro-crypto?

Out of all the ridiculous names for crypto this Tether has to be the creepiest by far.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
For those that can't mine, and for coins that are not mineable.

Without a means to get them.

How would you get them ?

Tether is just a means to an end.

(post by AllenBridges removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

join