It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Favorite Crypto Coin and why

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I'm just waiting for my ID to be verified at Salt

15 days

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

on coinbase cheaper to buy ethereum instead of btc, and use debit card instead of bank transfer.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

It's tough not to get caught up in the hype and swift gains & losses, but the concept for me is to remove the emotions entirely, concentrate on charting, and ride the waves.

As the impulses of these things turned vertical, I was pinching off gains... the higher the gains, the higher % of profits I pinch off. All the talk of moon shots and HODLing are ways to make crypto volatile on the nerves as well as account balances. If the coin was purchased for quick gains, what was pinched off stretches into buying more coins elsewhere. If I am in it for the long haul, I hold the fiat balance, then increase my number of coin owned once it consolidates.

Tron (TRX) is my barnacle coin for the time being... Justin Sun is already a player in the asian tech fields, he is personally attached to Jack Ma, it will end up being one of the few coins that pays dividends, and the market cap to price ratio is just too sweet to not focus deeply on Tron. Watch for a controlled burn of an unknown amount of TRX to push coin value higher than it would on its own sometime mid January or so. TRX is about 5 cents right now, and would be around 10 cents if Bitcoin wasn't in correction. TRX is probably going to double off of the Bitcoin consolidation alone...

I like the other coins you speak of as well... Stellar Lumens and Digitalnote. Privacy coins are severely under rated, and will always have a home in block chain, regardless of laws formed for crypto use.

minergate.com...

You were asking about cloud mining, and I found one that I have been pulling out some free Digitalnote (XDN) by letting my email account link up to the data service of my mobile. While my phone is on the charger, it is verifying transactions and earning XDN, or whatever coin you'd like that they offer. I am in the middle of the free 15 day run on Monero, where it usually costs $ to mine... start with Monero for the 1st 15 days, and you can use the free earnings to purchase hash rate contracts. The more hash rate one is operating on, the more coinage mined... its pretty simple.

I wouldn't advise Bitcoin mining, but mining some of these altcoins that are cheap and easy to mine could have some serious value in a few years. I see mining as the extreme couponing version of shopping... the tax savings of doing it under the flag of a business makes mining even cheaper. If money isn't working for us, we will die working men & women, and I would like to retire sooner rather than later.

When I am studying a coin to keep for the long haul, like Ripple... I use the Warren Buffet purchase questioning. Which coin would I really love the chance to be the CEO of as the future unravels. Ripple is the only one that I have on the list of being a top dog coin when they form the Super 6 or so. Ripple is also a deflationary currency... each and every transaction of XRP will cause a small fraction... something like .000003 XRP is automatically burned off. That means, it can only get more valuable as time goes.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: NobodiesNormal

I bought litecoin last time. I really took it in the shorts with bitcoin, they are expensive and slow.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Don't forget to include Ethlend (LEND) in that equation... same SALT concepts, but backed and secured through the Etherium block chain. As ETH is blowing up, LEND is following suit... and is around 15 cents right now.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Do you have a web site? That does sound interesting.

You were asking about cloud mining, and I found one that I have been pulling out some free Digitalnote (XDN) by letting my email account link up to the data service of my mobile. While my phone is on the charger, it is verifying transactions and earning XDN, or whatever coin you'd like that they offer. I am in the middle of the free 15 day run on Monero, where it usually costs $ to mine... start with Monero for the 1st 15 days, and you can use the free earnings to purchase hash rate contracts. The more hash rate one is operating on, the more coinage mined... its pretty simple.
a reply to: ttobban

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

minergate.com...

Use this affiliate link please... it bridges some of the profits they take for using your cloud and shifts it to my account.

I am scanning Monero right now, because they are letting free Monero scanning for 15 days on new accounts.

I will only mine XDN once the 15 days is up... its free and adds up a bit quicker.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I miss the days of hearing my mining rig burning away making me coins.. but this was way back when... feathercoin was my choice at the time, long long ago.

It had all the accusations. Litecoin rip off, just another fad, alt-loser coin etc.. but it made me some cash, so I was happy. But this was when you could mine your own coins, and when things were still new. getting onto an alt coin was risky, but if you were just a miner, it didn't matter. low lying fruit, mostly. everyone would run amok, and it boiled down to the community behind it. FTC had a good, strong community, dedicated to making it work.

Then I realised they were a bunch of self serving cretins. Here I was with a measly single amd card mining 24/7 (and making it worth the psu power, back then) and suddenly people started posting pictures of their rigs on the ftc forums... people with dozens and dozens of bloody gpu farms, screaming along, ripping up the plains, stealing MY damn coins. I mean, fair suck of the sav mate. Give us a chance. Stop killing it. And then I saw entire garages fitted out, by already rich snobs who sucked up all the remaining top notch video cards to make headless farms, posing their total hash rates, and making me sick. Someone put up a spaning new 5850 for sale, wanted people to bid in ftc. We all did, and I put forward that as a community we need to protect each other to ensure the one thing, the community, behind the coin, remained strong.

Those suckers out bid me at every turn, and the guy with 50 gpus farming made one more acquisition. I looked at the entire thing and thought "You're a bunch of dicks." and left. I'd made money, a pittance compared to some. but what a cut throat BS world, hidden under the guise of a community to foster appreciation for a coin that would not be that way.

That was the idea anyway. ftc is long gone now, and good riddance. I even helped the buggers create the icon for it. I was there supporting it from the start.

lmao, I sound a bit hard done by, but I'm not. I learned a lot from mining my own coins. You can't mine your own bitcoins any more, not unless you're already so rich that it's just a lark. Hence the uprising of alts.

Ahh but such fond memories of kicking up my rig, watching my gpu overclocked to the max burn out so many hashes and it working, tweaking the settings, blowing up psus and gpus, seeing the exchange rate sky rocket (*nothing by todays standards, holy hell, had I held - yeah yeah, shut up - I would actually be able to buy a new friggen car today. lol

Instead of the PC that I am still using today to annoy all and sundry on the internet.

now it's just a digital commodity. and not the thing it once was. Miners were where it was fun. You even felt it. That tangible sensation that you were active in the community, making it work, growing something new, and Making money... those were the days.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

So where do you put the wallet address?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Sounds to good to be true.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

On their website, it logs what you've mined. I have multiple data plans and phones, so when one is always mining. You can download the program on their site that sits your PC's platform, but my antivirus protection didn't like their stuff, and I am fine with mining on mobile only. I'm just picking up pennies off the floor doing this.

Once it hits a certain level of mined coin, it can be withdrawn and transferred to and exchange or wallet of your preference.

You'd have to check out a site called Hashflare if you'd like to purchase contracts where daily payouts of interest are paid out. I would only expect anything out of those if the coin is doing well... if its not the investment might lay flat. Here's the link for that one... hashflare.io...

I would only but year long hash rate contracts like hashflare offers... a site like genesis mining is a lifetime contract. The year contracts end up breaking even around the 200 day mark, so about half of the year would be gains on the buy. You can also reinvest daily gains automatically, letting gains become compounded much quicker.

I am new to a SHA-256 contract... will keep it updated here if it comes about converstaion.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

What these cloud miners are doing is essentially taking advantage of the difficulty it is to buy into mining... both hardware and electricity. In time, I will be building a solar/hydro electric miner but that's a science experiment for another day.

I see hash rate to be a mock title for 'worth', where worth is presented in terms of mining power and cloud land that's plentiful. People's cloud power and mining power are integrated into an equation that essentially is splitting the worth among the users in the scale. If one miner is pushing 60% of the hash rate power, that user will be rewarded with 60% of the block chain puzzle completion when done. If my phone scans $20 bucks, I realize that I am only going to get a few bucks because they are using my puny cloud power.

Its impossible to get into mining in cost effective ways, because could mining is buying up the mining power with people selling off their cloud space. Hell... I am taking the free money off the cloud... if I don't, it's just wasted data on my mobile plan each month.

Our phones are now banks... they are no longer just access to banks.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
If Coinbase was going to charge you $25 you are a pretty serious player.

I linked my bank account and they only charged me $1 for my purchase of $200. That isn't that high of a few in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Wasn't coinbase, it was the bank for sending funds. I think it was $17 to send $500 to bittrex (bitcoin). I'm a small fish in this huge pond.

edit on 16-1-2018 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Hahaha... just wait until you transfer that bitcoin elsewhere, and you'll experience exactly what we're talking about.

Bitcoin is meant for large monetary transfers. All these tiny purchases of a couple hundred dollars in BTC, instead of using ETH or LTC as lighter notes, are clogging up the block chain... making it more and more costly to transfer.

It's pretty simple... if there's a ton of scrap puzzles to solve because people aren't staying in their lane of buying power, then the overall charges/fees for ALL transactions are automatically increased.

Put that $200 into an altcoin... you may see $50 or more of that $200 gone in fees alone.

I only buy LTC and ETH... unless I never ever want to sell off the BTC balance I am building.

Bitcoin is so low right now for that very reason... people buying the wrong coins. It's also why bitconnect is in problems right now... there's nothing to pay out daily, because it's too damn expensive to process all these puny transactions.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I bought ethereum. I wanted to stay away from the bitcoin fees and I thought $16,000 just seemed a little high at the moment.

I havnt lost a lot in ethereum yet. It is staying just slightly under what I paid for it

Wish I had money to buy more when it bottoms out.
edit on 16-1-2018 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Am I the only person that is buying in a backwards fashion to maximize purchasing power in crypto here? I read a lot of talk about primary coins being moved to alt coins, but there should be a method to ending up with the coin one wants. I will explain.

Say I want to purchase XRP... I don't just throw coins around the webs unknowingly until the coin hits the target... I go to coinmarketcap.com, and individualize the Ripple coin. I then click on markets... this is what exchanges offer XRP. Next, is the most important part... THE PAIRING.

coinmarketcap.com...

Say I have a Bittrex account and a Binance account, and I want to buy XRP. Well, notice how each exchange will take multiple coins as trade for XRP. Now, I could use my BTC or ETH to trade XRP @ 1.08 and it would be fees that had to be accounted for in difference. No way would I be buying XRP with BTC here, as the fees are absurd... one would end up with 20%+ less coins than buying with ETH. Binance only takes the two coins for trading XRP and the price is the same.

But wait, what do I see... I see that I can pick up XRP at Bittrex for either BTC, ETH, or USDT. And looky there... it's only 1.05 if I trade ETH for XRP at Bittrex... a savings of 3 cents a coin. But hold the phone... I need to check the coin purse, as trading Tether (USDT) for XRP is only .995 cents... over 8 cents of savings per coin because a few minutes was spent working backwards.

Please account for the exchange volumes though... if the exchange is responsible for 0.3% of total trade volume, it might not be wise to trade with that one.

If someone is feeling real ballsy pick up your XRP at the Exrates exchange for .326 cents per XRP. Sure I wnt to buy XRP at under 33 cents, but can I trust that exchange. Nonetheless, please start using charts and the readily information available.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

My bad... I thought it was in BTC. You're fine with ETH... most altcoins get the most value with ETH. If you're just holding onto the ETH, you'll be fine too.

Its not at all about the wishing for gold at the end of rainbows... its about learning the new languages of the future of finance. If we're not learning now, we're going to be in our retired years, asking our kids to set our bank accounts and handle finances because we don't want to adapt to the times.

Just think... elders asking to set clocks now will transform into highly technical funds. Now, I just simply refuse to ask of another to keep my funds in order for me. Banks and trusting others to handle our funds is becoming an extinct prt of life in the not so distant future.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I have to balk on my Monero 15 day run thoughts, because its only a penny or so a day its getting on a mobile... I switched it to XDN where its moving a bit more favorably.

I see it as retribution for all those free forms of value that companies sneak onto us instead of it being too good to be true.

All the years... it always pissed me off that my cell phone bill was climbing while they held data channels to work for them only... feeding us the slow webs at a premium. Or all those like buttons and subscriptions... companies are banking funds off of that data, and the data is given to them for free. Or even getting a car, and the dealer puts their tag frame or decal on the trunk... getting free advertising for free.

This is the crypto wild west... time to skimp some pennies of the global pool ourselves!

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I think there is only one crypto - the original BTC.

despite its problems, hopefully there will be workarounds. Too many people have too much invested in it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join