It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: NorthAmerica: Border Talks "Disturbing"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
our relations are fine on a general people level.it the politics that dont go along very well.since bush family have taken power again and im mean from daddy to son we have had to take our freedoms our privacys and even things you say or write and have to stick them in our back pocket.for our relations have been damaged because of this.people have been mistreated and some people deported without cause.politics never cared about people.its has always been about business deals.the boarder is a big business line.its a line that politics like to bend laws to there own need.we might have to start putting our governments to court if they dont start making peace with the good laws of the lands.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Let's call the new single country "new Guatamala", does that mean north americans will have to work for Mexican wages ? The walton familly drools over this prospect...

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Great reporting- I dont know how I missed this considering how interested I am in these NWO thinktanks.
The implications for this are disturbing indeed. Imagine the things they could get away with in the name of a North American Union that would never fly in the 3 respective countries. Even if we keep it limited- retaining our seperate governments and sovreignity over our militaries etc, there would be a lot of economic and domestic security trouble.

To prevent massive refugee movements they'd have to regulate it.
Your papers, please.

They'd have to either standardize or abolish the minimum wage or cross-border employment would ruin the economy in the American South-West. The rights enjoyed by union workers would last about 30 seconds, which is far longer than everybody else's would.

They'll need a police force and new prisons, especially to bring Mexico up to par. There is a real danger of this meaning a drastic expansion of Homeland Security (why don't we just call it like it is and start referring to them as black shirts around here?).

No thanks- I'm perfectly happy not having any say over the affairs of Canada and Mexico. I'm ok, you're ok, and Mexico is kinda ok; let's just keep it all that way.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond

They'd have to either standardize or abolish the minimum wage or cross-border employment would ruin the economy in the American South-West. The rights enjoyed by union workers would last about 30 seconds, which is far longer than everybody else's would.

Immigrant labor is already a major issue in the southern states - the economy is built on immigrant labor, much of it illegal. Currrent laws, rules and regs basically support the situation. ...Americans are setting up vigilante groups to prevent illegal border crossings.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Great reporting- I dont know how I missed this considering how interested I am in these NWO thinktanks.
The implications for this are disturbing indeed. Imagine the things they could get away with in the name of a North American Union that would never fly in the 3 respective countries. Even if we keep it limited- retaining our seperate governments and sovreignity over our militaries etc, there would be a lot of economic and domestic security trouble.

Thanks, Vagabound. But about missing it - don't be surprised...after reading it in the Star I looked to a few other Canadian papers to see if I could get a different slant...and it was no where to be found. I mean this is important stuff! I tellya we really need to keep our eyes peeled...sometimes its the smallest little item to deal with something of such great importance. Sneaky, sneaky... Between all of us we can do it though. And knowledge is power! Power to the people!

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Immigrant labor is already a major issue in the southern states - the economy is built on immigrant labor, much of it illegal. Currrent laws, rules and regs basically support the situation. ...Americans are setting up vigilante groups to prevent illegal border crossings.

I'm at least somewhat aware of the immigrant labor issue, being a union man in southern california I hear plenty about illegals working as scabs, and lets not even talk about the service industry. Not only do they not pay their taxes, but they send a lot of their pay back to Mexico- out of our enonomy completely. Then they get state funds and free emergency care at hospitals. I have two nurses in the family- they say it's not uncommon for Mexicans to cross the border and drive more than 2 hours to Palm Springs. They pass hospitals in Brawley, Indio, and several other cities and go right to the hospital over here where President Ford usually gets treated- and they can't be turned away!

If you think it's bad now though, wait until a Mexican can take a job across the border without having to move. There won't be a working American within 100 miles of the border, and any and all business which doesn't have to be conducted on sight will migrate South where the unions aren't established yet.

There's something that happens a lot, and it perplexes me, so I'm gonna ask about it. Is there a "u" in the word Vagabond outside of the USA? I know we speak a strange mutant form of the language which has a penchant for ignoring the letter "u", and it always nags at my nerves when I see people address me as "vagabound". Anybody want to relieve my curiousity?

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

I'm at least somewhat aware of the immigrant labor issue, being a union man in southern california I hear plenty about illegals working as scabs, and lets not even talk about the service industry. Not only do they not pay their taxes, but they send a lot of their pay back to Mexico- out of our enonomy completely. Then they get state funds and free emergency care at hospitals. I have two nurses in the family- they say it's not uncommon for Mexicans to cross the border and drive more than 2 hours to Palm Springs. They pass hospitals in Brawley, Indio, and several other cities and go right to the hospital over here where President Ford usually gets treated- and they can't be turned away!

IMO - poor and working people are being manipulated to turn against each other. ...and as usual, it's the big corporations and the rich who benefit from the situation and walk away laughing.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   

There's something that happens a lot, and it perplexes me, so I'm gonna ask about it. Is there a "u" in the word Vagabond outside of the USA? I know we speak a strange mutant form of the language which has a penchant for ignoring the letter "u", and it always nags at my nerves when I see people address me as "vagabound". Anybody want to relieve my curiousity?

No, you should be called 'The Vagabond', no matter where we are. It isn't one of those words we add a 'u' too.

Feel free to correct people on the spelling of your name, if you like. And if I ever do it, feel free to point out my error. I don't like it when people get my name wrong, either.

The 'u' is used in words that sound like 'or', like favour, neighbour etc.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Oops...that was a typo Vagabond... Sorry!

Its true though that Canadian English is like British English...

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
It could be a lot worse. I forget who it was but one of our Chinese members used to get refer to be as Vagabanned because he seemed to think I was trying to flame his country.

I get called Vega sometimes too. I've been considering turning Vegitarian and calling myself Vegiebond. No worries, I have a sense of humor about my names.

I used to be known as Chewie (chewbacca) because of my long hair and aversion to shaving coupled with my starwars obsession as a kid. I have actually been referred to as Chewie in prayer at church- it was more common than my real name for years, and nobody even knew that I didn't particularly care for it one way or the other.

[edit on 15-2-2005 by The Vagabond]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   

NWO thinktanks....

Here's something else for your reading pleasure...or horror...courtesy of the Canadian Council of Chief Executives.

New Frontiers: Building a 21st century Canada-United States partnership in North America

I call it selling us out!

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Wow!

I'm not even close to being done reading it, but I'm not liking what I see so far.

You know what I'm liking even less AL? That huge project I'm breaking my back for? The two companies getting the biggest piece of the action are on this council, and one of these jerks that helped with this idiotic plan was in our office last week!!!!!

I'm glad I ate a lot at dinner, because that and a lot of grief is all they've given me.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The US is bumping up it's scare tactics again - no doubt to justify the NA Takeover plan. IMO - negotiations are in the final stages - TBA March

US Expects Terror Attacks (Again :lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join