It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NJ residents have 90 days to turn in bumpstocks.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket
Lots of idiots already run around with these in the back country, and yet we do not hear anything about mass injuries
and deaths other than the one weapons dealer who was scapegoated from a failed Saudi assassination plot.

I am unsure how he is going to confiscate an item that is not part of a registered database. Are they going to guess??

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
I don't believe there will ever be a gun ban in the United states ever.

You obviously never heard of the Massachusetts AG (Maura Healey - an open opponent of the 2nd amendment) that unilaterally decided to retroactively ban AR-15 rifles last year. Like this bumpstock ban, anyone that legally purchased them prior to this was now forced to either sell them to someone out-of-state, or have them confiscated forcibly.

When Bans Go Wrong: MA Struggles to Enforce Weapons Ban
AG Healey’s Gun Directive Being Tested In Court

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
Bumb stock ?
so Dumbing the gun will cause it to discharge ?
Sounds stupid if so now a kid walks by bumbs the gun it falls goes off dead kid ?
Yea a real winner ?

All I can say is if I understand how it works it should be BAND .
Bad enough kids already get a hold of dads guns and kill them self or there other kids now you wnat it so just Bumbing the gun makes it fire ?

First may I just say if you don't know what it is either find out or keep quiet.
Now I'm going to say this in plain English. IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT YOU PUT ON A GUN IT WILL NEVER, EVER, IN A BILLION YEARS, KILL ANYONE. The kid could do it. The dad could do it. The neighbors could do it. In short without a person behind the trigger, a gun is a paperweight. If Dad leaves a loaded gun on the table, and a kid picks it up that's dad's fault. If you leave a knife on the table and a kid finds it and stabs himself, do we ban kitchen knives? How about sharp sticks, should we ban them next. I could kill more people with a knife than a gun. I shoot a gun in a crowd and people run. I stab someone in that crowd, he passed out and people step over him. Meanwhile I'm off stabbing more people. The best part is that it's unlikely to make the news so I can hit another club tomorrow.
In short if this person wants to kill that person they will find a way.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Hewhowaits

Chris Christie is a gun-grabbing #hole.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: BlueJacket

I am unsure how he is going to confiscate an item that is not part of a registered database. Are they going to guess??

Door-to-door searches, just to be safe.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Bumb stock ?
Sounds stupid if so now a kid walks by bumbs the gun it falls goes off dead kid ?
Yea a real winner ?

Bad enough kids already get a hold of dads guns and kill them self or there other kids now you wnat it so just Bumbing the gun makes it fire ?

You obviously have no idea how a bump stock works. The shooter has to have a finger on the trigger, and supply enough pressure to fire the first shot. Then the rifle floats in the stock and bounces against the trigger finger. It has nothing to do with the weapons safety system. Personally I think bumpfire stocks suck. But state confiscation is just plan wrong. It's just another angle to grab the AR-15.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

lololol google.com research dude

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

ahh yes, 2013 Boston style it is then.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I'd guess 99% of us don't care about owning a bump stock, that's not really the problem here.

I think the problem is they were declared legal without special aproval by the A.T.F.
Now they are declared illegal in NJ where they were legal up till now.
No mention of grandfather clause, or buyback program.
Just turn it in within 90 days or we will confiscate it from you. And possibly charge you.

That's primarily the part that has me wondering.
On what authority can a governor do this?
And how can it be legal?
edit on 16-1-2018 by Hewhowaits because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hewhowaits

I'd guess 99% of us don't care about owning a bump stock, that's not really the problem here.

I think the problem is they were declared legal without special aproval by the A.T.F.
Just turn it in within 90 days or we will confiscate it from you. And possibly charge you.

And how can it be legal?

I can answer that, he can't. No governor of anywhere has the power to just wake up one day and decide something is a jailable crime. If I lived in NJ I would spend a lot of time getting his butt removed from office before he does something ELSE stupid.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
now they have to hook their thumb I guess in their beltloop like us country boys...I don't actually....the only reason I said that is all my son's bud's do it...specially that Bobby...I posted about him three years ago....you know Bobby the tail gate on his pick up....full of bullet holes....no place but Texas

IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Most people likely will bury them for TEOTWAWKI.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

yep, my son got these end caps for pvc pipe....12 inch......guns in the pipe....glue the caps on....

bury with backhoe.....

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: SlapMonkey

lol Christie confiscated an entire beach last summer, Christie loves to throw his weight around.

doh that might not of been "pc"

Yes , yes it was...

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Chris Christie is a gun-grabbing #hole.

Naw , an all-a -round ________
And I used to respect Christie just for his "I dont care how you feel about me , I am going to the best job for the State...." (and did for a time. Yet only for a time)

edit on 1/16/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I'll say it again. Trade you my right to own a firearm for your right to vote. That way when it does nothing you can't then jump on something else you are clueless about. I think that's fair my rights for yours.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Bump stocks are handy if you want to dump a bunch of bullets into the side of a barn.
Accuracy is compromised.
It is still cool to dump a magazine in less than 2 seconds.
I can accurately hit three targets in the same time frame with a smooth trigger and still have a dozen rounds.
They are pretty much a fun novelty. Not practical for the most part.
I don't think they should be banned.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

who knows, maybe this is a dry run on further confiscations...
"affixes tinfoil hat appropriately"

They will say "it's not" but will continue to encroach much further if this erosion of rights goes through with no officials being held accountable for allowing it. If cops begin going all Jackboot on everyone while attempting to enforce this illegal action, I am sure this will end in terrible bloodshed. When our own leaders disrespect the constitution like this, there really is no constitution in their eyes.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Bumb stock ?
Yea a real winner ?

No you don't understand how they work.
If you did a little research you would know how they work , but you would probably still think that if a kid bumped into one that the gun wound fire .
Educate yourself before you shoot your mouth off , you might get someone hurt.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hewhowaits

And how can it be legal?

Yeah, I see the problem with that. If it was legal, then grandfather it in. The question is how do they know if you have it or not. It's not like registering a fire arm right? You don't have to register a bump stock. Am I right or where the sellers required to document who bought that? That would be like buying any gear?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join