It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don’t tell a doctor about visions

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SupremeBeing

The question I would like to know is what about these visions caused you personal concern that you felt the need to share it with the doctor? I am just asking since yes doctors always generally ask about dizziness, visions, hallucinations on their check in sheets. Yet, scripting off into a nap and seeing Clouds, space, etc. doesn't seem strange from a meditation point of view...was there more to these visions than you shared with ATS? What made YOU question your visions?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

He went to a regular doctor and told him about Visions, which are basically vivid dreams and got diagnosed with schizophrenia.

You will never walk into a emergency room and get set away with a diagnosis of schizophrenia, a diagnosis of schizophrenia (at least in the UK) will only come from a qualified psychiatric doctor.

The doctor is always right you say?

Nope never said that...

edit on 16-1-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Yet that is what we've been told happened. Maybe it wasn't in the UK.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Yet that is what we've been told happened. Maybe it wasn't in the UK.

Well we don't know were it was although talking about a GP tends to be UK terminology in my experience even if its not, my points about mental illness that I made in page one still stand.

In my view it is irresponsibly and possibly even dangerous for you to entertain the OPs suggestion that his schizophrenia is not real.

link   

The OP states a doctor diagnosed him as having schizophrenia.

Yeah, with no tests to make sure that is what it is.

How are you qualified to dismiss this diagnosis?

I did not dismiss the diagnosis. You are just assuming I did. Before it can be known that it is schizophrenia tests need to be done.

I simply stated that people like to put you in a box to put a label on it. You are proving me right.

link   
could a 9 year old even be schizophrenia ? lol
Is half the world schizophrenia ? When mass visions happen ?
Just maybe our brains are connecting to a realm not normally visible ?

Cant see radio waves But sure are there .

I have had visions I have known Of events before they took place so detailed it was creepy when they happened .

So tell me if its just I am nuts tehn why was my son unharmed when both me and my wife said he will fall then a mint later stpped him from falling ?
tell em why is my son alive today when a year agaio ( he is 24 now ) I called him telling him DONT drive the truck and he drove the car and survived the accident the next day .
well ill tell you what If all I am is nuts ill take that because it has saved my son and my self many times .

Funny thing is it is so ingraned to believe we are just nuts I question my self ( Until I see a accident and change the out come . ) for that few mints I believe I am sane then go back to wondering

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

That is what I have been saying, you don't just walk into the doc's office and leave with a diagnosis of schizophrenia.

If that is what the OP is claiming then its just simply not true and if it is true (which I doubt) then the OP should go get a second opinion.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

It is normal for people who are sleep deprived.

I am 30 years old, I work shift work. When I was working nights for about 8 months a year ago (8PM - 6AM), I'd often sit down after completing my work for a quick shut eye and have full out dreams in less than a minute of me closing my eyes.
Sometimes I could hear everything around me, and feel my eyes rapidly moving about in my head because it was going into REM.
This might be happening to the OP, he might just be dozing off, nothing more.
Also, explain Buddhist monks when they meditate?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

I also work nights sometimes if I am sleep deprived I get auditory hallucinations.

Goes away when I sleep.

It’s normal like you say.

For a schizophrenia diagnosis other causes need to be ruled out and the symptoms have to have been present consistently for at least a month.

Like I keep saying you will almost never walk into the docs office and walk out with a diagnosis of schizophrenia after a once off consultation
edit on 16-1-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Your doctor seems like a sheltered individual. What you describe is pretty normal, it's like day dreaming. in fact, if you can meditate and stay conscious with your eyes closed you can see basically anything, including W.I.L.D(wake induced lucid dream, where you meditate straight into the dream state with full control). People who are rigid and afraid to explore their mind will call this schizophrenia...

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Threads like this make me uncomfortable on ATS, its just a subject I have never seen dealt with particularly well, I also think that some replies can be damaging to those who are living with a mental illness.

If you have been diagnosed with schizophrenia then as much as the stigma around that might suck then you most likely do have the condition. Having "visions" is not normal, there has never been any actual proof that any individuals can actually have any kind of vision, be it to tell the future or commune with paranormal beings. In almost all cases it is the result of a psychotic event or other cognitive condition.

If that is happening to you it is vital that you speak with a doctor and get the help you need.

I wish you well OP, I hope you get better soon.

A regular MD (as in does not have a specialization in mental illness) has no business diagnosing schizophrenia. None.

You are incorrect. "Visions" as the OP describes them are not necessarily uncommon or a sign of mental illness. There is much more to schizophrenia than envisioning clouds and nebulas and whatever when relaxed, in fact, that isn't really how schizophrenia usually works; hallucinations are associated more with stress. Besides, putting someone on those medications if they don't need it can be very dangerous.

I do believe if the OP is alarmed by these episodes, that speaking to a mental health provider would be wise, if for no other reason than reassurance.
edit on 16-1-2018 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

I dare everyone in this thread to go lay down at midday with their eyes closed for 10 minutes and come report here about their "schizophrenia" because they saw patterns and other such visual feedback... Yawn.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I have done that as well
Man is it a trip thing was As many years as I spent learning all this stuff i spent as many tring to stop using it .

Ill tell you the real thing the few who really can see what is coming you will never meet as we will never tell you .
If teh person used crystal balls or cards or boards or bumbs on your head they just want your money and you will love what they tell you .
If I was to tell you i would not be asking for money and it would scare the crap out of you and even If I told you how to change it you would still end up there anyway .
changing a accident is easy it is Finit and only changes when a person may die . Changing lifes out come is darn near impossible as no one change alone can change that .

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Threads like this are beyond discussion. As much as we'd all like to think every OP is stating their truth, somethings deserve a good round of questioning. Unfortunately, when you're a group of strangers dealing with someones mental health, you never have enough info to say whether an individual should/should not have been diagnosed with a mental illness.
Debating about this can be very damaging if someone actually does have an illness; and if they don't, they don't need strangers saying they do.
It would be different even if this was a long time member with a huge history of interaction, but that's not really the case here.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

"Having "visions" is not normal, there has never been any actual proof that any individuals can actually have any kind of vision."

I tend to agree with that assessment although i will point out there are some rather remarkable stories that surround the concept of remote viewing that may, or may not, contain a modicum of credibility.

Whilst having visions may not be considered the norm, plenty of people throughout recorded history have indeed reported the phenomena to occur with various degrees of plausibility.

They might all have been Schizophrenic, but i tend to wonder if there is more to the phenomena than meets the eye and if a possible connection to some form of group or shared consciousness may be at play.

Possibly worth keeping in mind, and to coin a phrase "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in our philosophy."
edit on 16-1-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Unlike virtually every other mental illness, schizophrenia is fairly unique in that its first onset is nearly always in young adulthood — not childhood or as a teen, and rarely after one’s 30s. Most people who are diagnosed with schizophrenia have their first symptoms and episode in their 20s — early to mid-20s for men, a little later (late-20s) for women.

more at link

I posted this because the OP said specifically that he was older and the symptoms only started lately when he lays down to take a nap.

There is no way you can put OP describes of what the dr deems an apparent hallucination and translate that to schizophrenia. You need more symptoms.

Oh and having a single symptom would indict many on ATS including myself, another older person.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Honestly I believe mostly you, and many many others before you who share similar experience on here in the past, are simply not mature enough to understand the difference between day dreams and visions . You will claim likely that they are visions, probably for the sake of being shocking and controversial, but for the most part I can be certain you are having nothing more than daydreams and an excited imagination.

Hoping that there is more to your existence than the boring reality is a common underlying theme with most of these claims. Your not schizo, your just daydreaming with a vivid imagination and seeking attention.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
There is a chance the “visions” you are experiencing are just hynogogic or hypnopompic visions that are in no way linked to schizophrenia, google them if you don’t know about them I would put a link up but I’m not sure how on my phone.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Come on please. An illness starts when someone is suffering. To diagnose every slightly outside the norm thought as schizophrenic makes the whole profession a joke.

Qft.

What could potentially be real human abilities for things like, yes, precognition, are now being scoffed at and people that may experience them, labeled as mentally deficient and must be subdued with meds.

Power to the people my ass.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

This is something I actually agree with you on.

Rare as it is, me too.

Seems the OP got canned anyway, I do wish them well. Nothing worse than when feeling reality and living reality are not on sync.

nothing worse.. and I know.. :/

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join