It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost all cryptocurrencies have been seeing massive losses in the past day or two

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Now back to what they were (or a little higher) than yesterday afternoon. Should be interesting to check in the morning.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Looks like the market is shaking it off.

TRX seems to be on its way back up. Still feel shaky about it.

I don't have a lot of it. I convert the smallest fractions of larger coins into USDT and use it to buy TRX since it's just a splurge buy. I really am curious to see if it will take off or simply burn. They definitely have good things going on, but we will see if they can weather the storm.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Its only been a month since the peak, declining triangles take 3 months or more.
They widened the trading range a little to bring some new money in at the bottom of the range.
This is more likely to be the top of the range at $11,000 bitcoin/$1000 Ethereum.
Hard to tell a true breakout pattern, $14,489 Bitcoin would be about the absolute top for a declining triangle pattern.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

There are plenty of times over the last 48 hours that it could have popped below pre-run support levels.

For XRP that is .75c and then .25c. Instead, it bounced off of 88c and has held at around 1.09-1.13, even while the overall market continued to decline.

TRX found support .05c last night after bouncing off of .04c a couple of times. Now it's rallying at .07c and rising. But the previous support level for TRX was .03c, and before that 4/1000 of a cent.

This could all have been far more painful. But this means the market is finding real support levels here and it's a much healthier environment than most people can readily see in the middle of a flash crash.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

TRX seems to be on its way back up. Still feel shaky about it.

Yeah, I just can't get into that one...don't know why. It's doing really well comparatively though.

Most of the main ones are back to what they were yesterday morning, when we woke up and went "ack!"

Kind of weird, looking at what I jotted down for 9:15am yesterday and comparing to now. Most are REALLY close.

Can't wait to see it tomorrow, one way or the other.
edit on 17-1-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I would wager what happened today was the dozen or so figures who control most of the market decided to cash out and collect on the small investors who had poured money in.

Now they've cleared out all that cash, they'll be buying Bitcoins back themselves with the killing they made the last couple of days. Creating another bubble, trying to tempt small investors to start pouring cash in again.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Price history and size of the individual coin blockchains do not support this conspiracy theory.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
If you are of a mind that cc's will endure there are some great buys out there right now. I don't give financial advice but I don't mind sharing a little of my own strategy right now. I bought Verge yesterday morning. Its up around 28% since I bought it. I re-invested in Ripple and I expect that to take some time but increase steadily. I still have litecoin but I took my profits on Doge and threw it at a few long shots, SHND and PAC. XP is a hold for me right now. I wanted to get in on Siacoin but missed the opportunity. I will watch that one for another good purchase point. Stellar is still on my radar.

Don't invest money you cant afford to lose and know when to TTMAR.

Good luck everyone.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Pretty bad week so far this week too. India halted trading, and a Korean exchange was halted.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

There can be no Ponzi scheme litigation if people are allowed to enter and exit the market freely through their own decisions.
All bubbles can be successfully predicted so in some cases "reserves" can be applied tas a mitigation tool.
I worked with practical computer modeling examples for this in the P&C insurance industry years ago.
Nobody should be getting rich operating the reinsurance pools IMHO.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

There can be no Ponzi scheme litigation if people are allowed to enter and exit the market freely through their own decisions.

Umm....huh? People can always choose when to get in or get out of any market.

I worked with practical computer modeling examples for this in the P&C insurance industry years ago.

I'd say the crypto market is fairly unique, so trying to apply bubble models from other industries may not be entirely accurate. But, in the end, we'll see what happens.

Market is still dropping. Another bumpy start to the week.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Having a world wide curency will not work.
Each country needs to have its own cryptocurrencies.
that way people can not Trade with it to Steal the difference in value.
Shares and trading steal money from Nothing!

but the rich will never allow this.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: buddha

This has little to do with countries.

I think that's the point that many miss though, when looking at this. The world is fully connected now. In the ecommerce of the future, nations will be meaningless...(in many ways, they already are).

This is simply about the exchange of goods and services, and ways to make that happen beyond the arcane means currently in place. That is what this technology is poised to accomplish. It may take years still, for this to all come to fruition. At least, that is the gamble I am making now....(and I don't appear to be alone). So far, I'm down about $30 due to this whole crash...so I'm not too worried...even if I lost it all. I haven't put in more than I could lose. But, the POTENTIAL payoff eventually, is more what it is all about....and you can't win if you don't play the game.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   
And now in the July 2018 bitcoin is trading at 8173$, from the record high of $20,000 reached in December 2017 to the low of $5755 on June 2018. If I am not wrong the range is almost equal to 75% well it's terrible.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join