It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS laying groundwork to arrest sanctuary city leaders..and eventually governors?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

How was putting a hold on the ban activist? He thought the plaintiff's made their case that the ban was unconstitutional and could cause irreparable harm and therefore put a hold on enforcement until the matter was resolved through litigation. I can understand if you disagree with his decision but it doesn't make him activist.

The only judge Ito I know was the judge in the OJ trial. I have no idea what Mexican judge you are referring to.

This whole idea of activist judges is just another term that people throw around as a slur with no true understanding of what it means. Activist judges brought us most of our important Supreme Court decisions, at least when it comes to individual rights. For a long time the 2nd Amendment was read by the Sup. Ct. as referring to a state's, not an individual's, rights. Activist judges have changed that reading over the last decade or so.

This idea that the intent of the Framers is all that matters can not possibly hold sway in situations that the Framers could not and did not foresee, like privacy rights in electronic data, etc..

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I thought it was the conservative republicans that were all about "states rights"

yeah but this is Obviously a national level issue. we know the states dont bestow citizenship at their whim or decide national security policy. that's a federal matter which effects All of us.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: WarPig1939

True. I however don't blame the illegals as much as I do the employers and politicians. It isn't the illegals fault I opened 5 gallon drywall buckets to do a touch up and found makeshift toilets. It's the scumbags who won't get a Porta John and wont hire at least legal immigrants with rights.

The illegals come to work more than anything else regardless of the spin. The politicians with employers allowed it so who is really to blame?

Not miguel in my opinion regardless of how annoyed I got working in the boarder states.

Miguel probably got his wife and daughter across knowing, iirc, most women are raped through said journey. Miguel should know better. Mexico is already a hell hole letting millions of illegals through is asking for such to cross the border.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Usually their employers get those. And recruit them.

But they never seem to have any real penalties.

Tyson used to get busted every few months driving them across the boarder. They would get a little slap on the wrist saying come on guys be more careful trucking in these illegals.

Eta and no its the same issue. It's the reason they first started using illegals. Americans wouldn't do the work.

For the pay. Pay enough and itll get done.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: watchitburn

mmmm.... california is a very huge economy.

It's also a donor state. Meaning that they give more than they get back from the government.

I think they could get by without help from the federal government.

Climate is not going to play nice with them, theyre also awaiting a big one. And their economy would starve if the U.S cut all transactions with them.

Also they say they cook the votes why not the books?
edit on 17-1-2018 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2018 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Eta and no its the same issue. It's the reason they first started using illegals. Americans wouldn't do the work.

Inaccurate. Americans wouldn't do the work for terrible wages. It's always about the bottom line, which is why so many things are going automated now.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
So many of you act like sanctuary cities are only in America. There are sanctuary cities throughout the world. People seeking asylum need to feel safe, and an overzealous immigration department isn't the way. I agree that any attempt at obstruction should be punished, but it is a waste of resources to actively assist the federal officers. If a state has such a bad immigration problem, maybe the feds should put a field office there. We have state laws for a reason, and the government can't and won't undermine those state laws without serious backing. They don't have enough backing for this issue. Many said this is a ruse. I agree. BTW, those of you that think that all our immigration problems are because of Mexicans should really watch something other than Fox. Mexicans have been coming over here since we stole have of Mexico and called it Texas.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I thought it was the conservative republicans that were all about "states rights"

"States rights" doesn't equal to "break the law"...

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Xenogears

California is one of the top 10 economies in the world.

It's gdp is in excess of 2 trillion.

I think they'd be fine.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

California is one of the top 10 economies in the world.

It's gdp is in excess of 2 trillion.

I think they'd be fine.

with sanctions, a big earthquake and their agriculture devastated?

The big earthquake and agriculture devastation are coming no matter what. They could add sanctions if they want.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I mean...we are talking about today. Reality. All that stuff.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com...

Looks like the Oakland Mayor is 'ready' to go to jail for illegals.

Late Tuesday night, the Oakland City Council voted unanimously to end any cooperation with ICE agents amid the reports the feds were planning to launch a series of major Bay Area raids. Schaaf reiterated the council’s stand. “We will not have a presence, we will not do anything to suggest that we condone ICE raids in Oakland,” she said. City Councilwoman Rebecca Kaplan introduced the legislation to clarify that Oakland’s police department is to not collude with ICE including providing traffic support.

The measure came after a firestorm of controversy over Oakland police’s role in an August 2017 raid where a person was detained and now faces deportation. Despite Oakland being a Sanctuary City, OPD officers provided traffic support for ICE agents executing the raid. “It is NOT acceptable for the Oakland administration to collude with ICE, as this Federal agency is targeting non-criminals, harassing people based on their national origin, and undermining our justice system,” Kaplan said. “The head of ICE under Trump has publicly stated that his intention is to strike fear into communities, and now he is targeting California and cities like Oakland.”

This people ALL need to be out of elected office. I never honestly I thought I would see the day that elected officials would protect 'criminals'. That is what they are.

Please watch the video...incredible.....

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Aye that then results into a pissing contest between the fed and cali.

I think though that the federal government doesn't want to lose out on the revenue the state provides.

There will be a bargain struck.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

This argument was put to bed, when the Obama administration sued the Sate of Arizona. If I remember my reading correctly, you applauded the action. So, to maintain a homogenous and non-hypocritical view point ; You do support the settled, Federal Government's authority over immigration don't you ?

Or was it just partisanship that removed your support ?

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Then you would be a big supporter of the New California issue?

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I agree. The current leadership running the state of California are way out of line. Take away all federal funding. If the Governors office refuses to work under federal law the arrest him..

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join