It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey has announced that the Kurdish genocide is about to begin.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

originally posted by: SailorJerry
a reply to: 23432

So whats your position, are you pro Kurd, or are you pro Erdogan?

What do you want to see happen?

Your narrative assumes too much .

Most Kurds are pro Erdogan according to elections .

I am not pro Erdogan nor pro anyone ; I am for pro deny ignorance .

How do you figure that? Election before the "coup" his party lost in kinf of a big way the problem was the opposition parties could not work together to form a coalition so he got to keep his position by default.

That does not sound like a ringing endorsement, information was received by two people I know and trust that were born and raised in Turkey but are currently living abroad.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

It is the Turkish Army who killed most Daesh terrorists but reading this thread you would never know anything about it .

Nobody knows anything about that because it is not true. The Turkish army killed little, if any Daesh. Are you equating the terrorist FSA to the Turkish army? The first time Turkish army shows up across the Syrian border is after Russia starts to bomb Daesh.

The Turkish army, so amazing that terrorists poured across their border for 5 years to reign terror in Syria. What an amazing army indeed. Captured ISIS soldiers even admit they were welcomed like brothers when crossing the border.
Where is Turkish army in Kobane ??

Turkey only began to attack ISIS when the YPG started to win with US support.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

originally posted by: 23432

originally posted by: SailorJerry

So whats your position, are you pro Kurd, or are you pro Erdogan?

What do you want to see happen?

Your narrative assumes too much .

Most Kurds are pro Erdogan according to elections .

I am not pro Erdogan nor pro anyone ; I am for pro deny ignorance .

How do you figure that? Election before the "coup" his party lost in kinf of a big way the problem was the opposition parties could not work together to form a coalition so he got to keep his position by default.

That does not sound like a ringing endorsement, information was received by two people I know and trust that were born and raised in Turkey but are currently living abroad.

Here is the 2017 referendum results :

As you can see Erdogan doesn't have everyone's support , just the majority of the population .

People whom you trust no doubt will say that he is a Dictator etc etc ; Erdogan opponents also say the same thing in Turkey too . There are many TV channels , Radios , Newspapers , Magazines who call him a Dictator .
There are journalists/people who accuse him of stealing the elections to his face . His answer usually is that if I was a Dictator you couldn't make such an accusation because you would be in jail.

Erdogan doesn't have military power or guns ; he never had any money to support him either .

People have difficulty understanding this situation ; how does one become a dictator if they have no money or no military support ?

Truth is that Erdogan has always been democratically elected . One can always argue the standarts of Democracy in Turkey but only a fool would argue that an elected politician is a dictator .

It is Erdogan who defeated the quasi military rule of Turkey and it is Erdogan who gave Kurds their rights to be called Kurds and speak their languages freely .

Previously , Kurds were not even acknowledged by Turkish Politicians , regardless of left or right .

Erdogan is an ethnic Georgian who is married to an ethnic Arab and he has always been elected to all his positions .

He maybe a crooked politician and that is a charge I can accept as well but tell me a politician who is not a crook ?

We have Turks , Kurds , Lazes , Arabs , Albanians , Bosnians , Circassians , Persians , Jews , Greeks , Roma's etc etc in Turkey and we know what military rule is ; Erdogan is not a Dictator but an elected politician .

Only last week Armenian Patrik of Turkey as well as Jewish Synagoges of Turkey came out to support the man .

None of this is mentioned anywhere in the West .

edit on 26-1-2018 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

It is the Turkish Army who killed most Daesh terrorists but reading this thread you would never know anything about it .

Nobody knows anything about that because it is not true. The Turkish army killed little, if any Daesh. Are you equating the terrorist FSA to the Turkish army? The first time Turkish army shows up across the Syrian border is after Russia starts to bomb Daesh.

The Turkish army, so amazing that terrorists poured across their border for 5 years to reign terror in Syria. What an amazing army indeed. Captured ISIS soldiers even admit they were welcomed like brothers when crossing the border.
Where is Turkish army in Kobane ??

Turkey only began to attack ISIS when the YPG started to win with US support.

We have even Chinese mercs who are fighting in Syria .

Turks going to be instrumental in breaking up Communist China and you better look at East Turkestan and the Uyghur Turks Genocide at the hands of Communist Chinese .

As soon as we deal with these Western Crusaders ; we gonna come for Chinese , wait for your turn .

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: 23432Only last week Armenian Patrik of Turkey as well as Jewish Synagoges of Turkey came out to support the man .

I give Turkey that one. You've been amazing in taking care of your Jewish population and have looked after them with amazing tolerance indeed saved many of them back in the times of the Spanish holocaust. Hats of to Turks for this tolerance which is unmatched in virtually any other of the ancient diaspora communities.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: 23432Only last week Armenian Patrik of Turkey as well as Jewish Synagoges of Turkey came out to support the man .

I give Turkey that one. You've been amazing in taking care of your Jewish population and have looked after them with amazing tolerance indeed saved many of them back in the times of the Spanish holocaust. Hats of to Turks for this tolerance which is unmatched in virtually any other of the ancient diaspora communities.

Thank you ; it is refreshing to see an informed user . We also saved Jews from Nazis too .

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

South Fronts latest report has the Kurds asking the SAA to move in to hault Turkey's advance . I see this as part of the plan to push the US away from the Kurds in the North .

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

South Fronts latest report has the Kurds asking the SAA to move in to hault Turkey's advance . I see this as part of the plan to push the US away from the Kurds in the North .

Turks don't have a problem with US on the whole ; after all this is NATO's border .

If Kurdistan to be revived ; it will be by and large with Turks approval .

Both Barzani and Talebani has had Turkish passports over 25 years now.

Besides the most successfull Kurdish enclave in the World i.e Iraqi Kurdistan is built by Turks already .

What Turks are against is a Marxists / Stalinist terror organisation i.e PKK , YPG , PYD who doesn't represent Kurds to get control of traditionally Arab , Kurdish and Turkmen lands .

Anyone can take a one look at Ottoman Maps and can freely see the Kurdistan .

Kurds have joined with Turks 1000 years ago ; Selahaddin Ayyubi was a mix of Kurd , Turk and Arab .

Pseudo Kurds i.e alleged Armenian Genocide victims who changed their identities and pretend to be Kurds are not going to be allowed to set up a country .

Besides , these Armenians Kurds who wants the oil fields in muslim lands are actually going against Greater Israel .

We know these people for 1000 years and more .

Whoever is advicing US foreign policy is delibrately attempting to create a situation where Kurds and Turks , Sunnis and Shias are in a perpetual warring situation .

Turks weren't born yesterday .

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
You have Greeks? What, Greeks, all 2,000 of them, after you carried out genocide and ethnic cleansing all the way up to the 1950's in Asia Minor against them? A culture and nation that was present in Asia Minor and Anatolia for thousands of years.
Wiped out by islamic extremist Turks.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
You saved Jews from Nazis?
When did Turkey take part in any battle in WW2 on the allied side?

Hitler was offering Turkey parts of Greece, to join the AXIS. In WW1, Turkey was allied with the Axis forces.

Turkey only joined WW2, when the war was all but over and won by the Allies.
Instead of fighting against the Axis, Turkey signed a non agression pact with Germany.

Turkey was supplying raw materials needed for Hitlers war machine to function and wreak death and destruction across Europe.

So spare us the lame, cheap propaganda about how Turkey did this or did that.

61 million people on the allied side died, and Turkey was complicit in their deaths and the destruction of many countries across Europe.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: mortex
You have Greeks? What, Greeks, all 2,000 of them, after you carried out genocide and ethnic cleansing all the way up to the 1950's in Asia Minor against them? A culture and nation that was present in Asia Minor and Anatolia for thousands of years.

You forgot that we genocided Martians too .

Get real .

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
In an eyebrow-raising slip of the tongue, US State Department spokesperson Heather Nauert on Thursday called the YPG in Afrin, Syria "the PKK", which is considered by Ankara as a terrorist group waging war against the Turkish state and is viewed as a terrorist organization by Washington itself.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

There were loads of Turks living all over Greece at the same time. The lucky ones were ethnically cleansed and forced out by Greeks into what we see as Turkey today. Many were murdered.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

You saved Jews from Nazis?

Turkey took in masses of Jews during WW2. Indeed over the past thousand years no other European nation (they do fall into that category) has been so hospitable to the Jewish people. They took in masses of Jews throughout their Ottoman Empire during the Spanish holocaust and then did the same during the German holocaust. To this very day Jews thrive in Turkey. Compared to the disgusting treatment of European Jews by various states in the very recent past Turkey stands out as a true beacon of light.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

İsmail Necdet Kent (1911-2002) was a Turkish diplomat who risked his life to save Jews during World War II.

He was posted as Consul General to Marseilles between 1941 and 1944, gave Turkish citizenship to dozens of Turkish Jews living in France who did not have proper identity papers to save them from deportation to the Nazi gas chambers.

On one occasion in 1943, Kent rushed to the Saint Charles train station in Marseilles and boarded a train bound for the Auschwitz concentration camp after Nazi guards refused to let some 70 Jews with Turkish citizenship disembark.

After more than an hour on the train, the guards let Kent and the Jews leave. A Jewish worker at the consulate had alerted him that 80 Turkish Jews living in Marseilles had been loaded into cattle cars for immediate transport to certain death in Germany. The Jews were crammed one on top of the other in the wagon, which was meant to transport cattle.

“The one single memory of that evening which will never be erased from my mind was the inscription which I saw on one of the wagons: ‘This wagon may be loaded with 20 heads of cattle and 500 kilograms of grass.’” Overcome with sorrow and anger at the sight, Kent approached the Gestapo commander at the station, and demanded that the Jews, whom he said were Turkish citizens, be released.

The official refused to comply, saying that the people were nothing but Jews.

Undeterred, and in a leap of courage and human benevolence, Kent turned to the Jewish worker from the consulate and said, “Come on, we’re getting on this train, too.” Pushing aside the soldier who tried to stop him, he jumped into the wagon.

The German official asked him to get off, but Kent refused.

The train started to move, but at the next station, German officers boarded and apologized to Kent for not letting him off at Marseilles; a car was waiting outside to take him back to his office.

But Kent explained that the mistake was not that he was on the train - but that 80 Turkish citizens had been loaded on the train. “As a representative of a government that rejected such treatment for religious beliefs, I could not consider leaving them there,” he said.

Dumbfounded by his uncompromising stance, the Germans ultimately let everyone off the train.

In his own words: “The Gestapo commander at the station, having heard of my presence, approached me and angrily asked me what I was doing there.
I forced myself to civilly say that these people were Turkish citizens, that there had been a mistake, which must be immediately corrected.
The Gestapo commander answered that he was merely following orders and that these people were not Turks or anything of the sort, but just plain Jews.
“Realizing that my threats were in vain, I suddenly turned to [my assistant] Sidi Iscan and said, ‘Come on, let’s go; we, too, are getting on this train.’And, pushing aside the soldier who tried to stop me, I entered one of the wagons..

Now it was the Gestapo officer’s turn to do the begging. I didn’t respond to anything that was said, and the train began to move in sight of the Gestapo officer. “[At the next station when the train stopped] a few German officers got on the wagon and said that there had been a mistake, that the train had left Marseilles without giving me a chance to get off, that those responsible would be punished, that I could return to Marseilles with the special [Mercedes they had placed] at my disposal.

I explained to them that there was no question of a mistake, that more than 80 Turkish citizens had been loaded onto these animal wagons because they were Jews, and that I was a representative of a government that rejected such treatment.

The officers, promising that all manner of wrongdoing would be corrected, asked if everyone in the wagon was Turkish. A crowd of women, men and children had surrounded us watching, motionless as stone, this play dealing with their lives.

Probably due to the orders received from their superiors, as much as to my own uncompromising stance, all of us got off the train together.

A little later, the Germans left us alone. “I cannot forget those embraces around our necks and hands.

The inner peace I felt when I reached my bed towards morning that day is one that I have not savored much since then.” In later years, retiring as ambassador, Ambassador Kent said, “What I have done is what I should have done.

I knew I had to act.” But Kent’s heroism was not limited to this one action. In contrast to some of the other foreign consulates stationed in Marseilles, who began imitating the Nazis’ disdain toward Jews, Kent issued Turkish identity documents to scores of Turkish Jews living in southern France or who had fled there and did not hold valid Turkish passports.

At one point, Kent went to Gestapo headquarters to protest against the latest abominable action that had begun in Marseilles: the stripping of males in the middle of the street to determine whether they were Jews or not.

The consul-general rebuked the German commander and notified him that circumcision did not necessarily prove one’s Jewishness. “When I saw the emptiness in the commanders eyes, I realize that he did not understand what I am saying. And I said that I will accept to be examined by their medical staff.”

In 2001, Kent and two other diplomats, Namik Kemal Yolga and Selahattin Ulkumen, were honoured with Turkey’s Supreme Service Medal as well as a special medal from Israel for rescuing Jews during the Holocaust.

After World War II, Kent served at Turkey’s consulate in New York and was ambassador to Thailand, India, Sweden and Poland. Kent died in Istanbul in 2002, at the age of 91.

Dozens of mourners attended his funeral, including officials from the Israeli consulate, Istanbul’s Deputy Chief Rabbi Ishak Haleve and leaders of the Turkish Jewish community.

Necdet Kent is father of Muhtar Kent, since 2008 President and Chief Operating Officer of the North Asia, Eurasia and Middle East Group of The Coca Cola Company. Other Turkish Diplomats who Rescued Jews During World War II Minister of Foreign Affairs- Numan Menemencioðlu 1942-1944 Ambassador- Behiç Erkin 1940-1943 Vichy Ambassador- Saffet Arýkan 1942-1944 Berlin Consul General - Ýnayetullah Cemal Özkaya 1940-1945 Athens Consul General- Burhan Iþýn 1942-1946 Varna Consul General- Ýrfan Sabitakça 1939-1943 Prague Consul General- Pertev Þevki Kantemiz 1939-1942 Budapest Consul General- Abdülahat Birden 1942-1944 Budapest Consul General- Fuat Aktan 1937-1942 Kostence (Bulgaria) Consul General- Ragýp Rauf Arman 1942-1945 Kostence (Bulgaria) Consul General- Kudret Erbey 1938-1942 Hamburg Consul General- Galip Evren 1942-1944 Hamburg Consul General- Cevdet Dülger 1939-1942 Paris Consul General- Namýk Kemal Yolga 1942 Paris Consul General- Fikret Þefik Özdoðancý 1942-1945 Paris Consul General- Bedii Arbel 1940-1943 Marseille Consul General- Mehmet Fuat Carým 1943-1945 Marseille Deputy Consul General- Necdet Kent 1942-1945 Marseille

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Turks also saved Irish in patato famine too .

I'll let Irishhaff tell you all about it Mortex .

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Turks saved oppressed and persecuted Americans too .

When the Turkish Embassy in Washington was hosting African-Americans for a social event in the 1930s, it caused a diplomatic crisis. The US Senate warned the Turks to not take them in while the US state department advised the embassy to at least take them in from the back door so few would notice.

Then Turkish ambassador Münir Ertegün refused to do so & insisted that all guests of Turkey would enter through the front door as equals to which Maryland's police responded by arresting the ambassador's son Ahmet Ertegün for violating segregation laws.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
How does Syria feel about all of this?

and thats a very pertinent question.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Sultan Süleyman rescues Jews from the spanish inquisition.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

and thats a very pertinent question.
Word is ,is that Turkey wants the northern part of Syria to remain Syrian and has plans to let them have it after dealing with the terrorist there .

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join