It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are there so many rude people

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I’ve been travelling the internet trying to find a community of decent people to talk to and play with, but everywhere i go is infested with rude people.

For example, there’s one really big forum with a conspiracy/paranormal section. Most of the posts are “what if” type stuff roleplaying so i created a harmless post to roleplay too and i get called a fa*, retard, loser, b*tch, told to take my meds, called schizophrenic, etc.

Then i spend more time reading other posts and most of them are infested with such insults.

Why?

What is the point in creating so much negativatity and ruining other peoples happiness?

Are they people trying to establish psychological dominance over others?

Its so frustrating to try and find people to talk to but only get insulted and provoked instead

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SupremeBeing

Just wondering what your post was? Was it way out there or something, like what does it pertain to?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Because most people are self important assholes.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I'm sorry you have to experience such things, we all do..

What is the point in creating so much negativatity and ruining other peoples happiness?

Have you ever heard the expression that misery loves company? Those people are still asleep, just as we all were at one time or another.

Cheer up, though - better times are just around the bend.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Why are there so many rude people

American culture is a curious entity borne of conflict and war. Strength is prized above all else. Winning is everything!

Rudeness is just a component of that mind set. ATS is a microcosm of the prevailing psychological dominance you mentioned.

I was instructed by a MOD to grow a thicker skin...proved to be good advice.

edit on 16-1-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Rudeness is just a component of that mind set.

Just Americans ??

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Trust me, you get rude people in every walk of life and it is getting worse

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

Rudeness is just a component of that mind set.

Just Americans ??

No, I find the French extremely rude as well. The nicest people I have ever met in my travels were the people in Vancouver Canada.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
It was developed through the anonymity of the internet, but it has spilled over into the real life because people can no longer separate their virtual world persona from reality.

They now go through life writing the script for what they can post to the internet so they will get enough internet points to sustain them, until the need for their next internet validation as the character they have developed for themselves.

I guess that means that internally people have always been a**holes, but they kept it under wraps because it was not accepted, it was shunned. Now being rude, callous, vile, rude, and coarse is cool. Trolls are the new jocks.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
It was developed through the anonymity of the internet, but it has spilled over into the real life because people can no longer separate their virtual world persona from reality.

Good assessment.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

No, I find the French extremely rude as well.

Phew, I'm glad it's not just us. We love the French, and Canadians. Go figure.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Because it's the internet and people use their anonymity to air the worst parts of their personalities. Add to the that the fact that communities like that start out as a place to air experiences and discuss but quickly see an influx of both immature people with no critical thinking skills; and people who think they are "intelligent", and of course the way to prove this is to put down people who believe in something completely unproveable.

It's everywhere on the internet. You just have to ignore it.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I wonder if it has also something to do with extroversion. This is an oversimplification of course but in real life extroverts tend to be the louder ones often competing with each other to be at the centre of attention. The written word is more of an introvert medium that maybe frustrates extroverts so they overcompensate their need to be "loud" by lashing out at others and hopefully either shutting them up (less competition for attention) or involving them in a prolonged argument (garnering attention).

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Welcome to the internaet....where everyone is a jerk and a expert, ready to tell you what a moron you are, all free of charge, with a complementary side of patronising sacasim.

Honestly if you find the forum you are looking for please don’t tell anyone because if you do someone will turn up and troll it to death.
edit on 16-1-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
On the Internet you needn't pretend to be nice. In person it is more or less required so you don't beat up/get beaten up, kill/be killed by people you piss off. On the Internet, we can't get to each other to cause harm when we're triggered. To the OP, though, I suspect your "innocent" post wasn't. You had to do SOMETHING to incur such wrath from others. We don't know what that is because you're only telling your half of the story, and that is woefully incomplete. In fact, your post here would indicate you are just trying to recruit co-dependents who will commiserate with how "badly" you've been treated without really knowing the particulars. If you told us what actually happened, chapter and verse, I doubt you would get as many people saying, "Poor baby!" just to make you feel good.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Because on the internet, no one takes the time to consider that they are replying to real people. It loosens all our inhibitions to a certain extent.

Unfortunately, it reveals what selfish and really callous people a lot of us actually are even if we don't show it in our face to face interactions because we will brutalize a person we can't see as a person.

I do my best to try never to forget that I am interacting with real people. I am looser with my "tongue" on the internet, but I try not be outright abusive.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

It was a story I about god and existence I made up to amuse people. It was just role play stuff but others seemed to take it seriously enough to start hurling the dirt dozen pocket book of insults at me

Just wondering what your post was? Was it way out there or something, like what does it pertain to?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

I'm sorry you have to experience such things, we all do..

Have you ever heard the expression that misery loves company? Those people are still asleep, just as we all were at one time or another.

Cheer up, though - better times are just around the bend.

I live in a small city and the people here have always been the type to drag down others while pretending their mediocre career at a restaurant is what’s really desirable, true and great. I hate this place. I want away from the small city and their trash personalities

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Because on the internet, no one takes the time to consider that they are replying to real people. It loosens all our inhibitions to a certain extent.

Unfortunately, it reveals what selfish and really callous people a lot of us actually are even if we don't show it in our face to face interactions because we will brutalize a person we can't see as a person.

I do my best to try never to forget that I am interacting with real people. I am looser with my "tongue" on the internet, but I try not be outright abusive.

It’s brutal. People are causing serious damage to others lives. The Internet personalities have destroyed my ability to tolerate the personalities I find around me in my small city. The arrogance of so many underachievers is mind boggling. It’s as if they believe they are superior to everyone else yet amount to nothing more than a servant at low paying job.

I can’t believe the rudeness. It’s like there is no humility in people anymore. They read a few text books then consider themselves the intellectual sources of all wisdom in th universe

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

The internet isn't the real world. Go to an open mic night, a poetry reading or a games night at a local bar/coffee shop, you're bound to meet others who are willing to let their freak flags fly!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join