It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve Bannon 'summoned' in Russia probe

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I meant Bannon in particular. These stories get tiring. The big one will not lead to Trump.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
I mean, what do think Bannon is even going to know? If you think he has Vladimir Putin on speed dial or something, you need therapy.

My money is on him throwing Jared/Ivanka under the bus for distinct foreknowledge of Russian dealings prior to the election.

I think you could be right.

After reading fire and fury it’s quite obvious that bannon hates them

Agreed. The book makes the rivalry between them very plain. Bannon might still have some shreds of loyalty for Trump, but he would gleefully throw "Jarvanka" under the bus...or the train... or any sort of moving vehicle he could find.

The question however does have to be asked, and I say this as someone who does not like Trump, can we trust what bannon says???

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

To me its not a matter of throwing people under the bus.

If he is a patriot as he claims, he is obligated to speak up if he knows Trump worked with russians to commit crimes.

I am very skeptical Bannon has any knowledge of that, but if he does he needs to come clean regardless of what political side he is on.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Funny how our views differ in this.

I think given his role in the Trump campaign he could know something, yet I also think that he would be very happy to through Kushner under a bus, indeed probably even Trump himself.

I personally will be very skeptical of what he has to say, even if it’s damaging to Trump (depending specifically on what he says obviously)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I am interested in what ever real information bannon might have.

But it's just as likely that bannon is a con man and lied to write a book. And the only thing he will tell the fbi is that the book is a lie and he played that lie up for book sells.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I can't find any info on when he has to appear?
Does anyone have that information so we know how long we have to wait?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I am interested in what ever real information bannon might have.

But it's just as likely that bannon is a con man and lied to write a book. And the only thing he will tell the fbi is that the book is a lie and he played that lie up for book sells.

You do know Bannon has not yet wrote a book on his time in the White House???

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

lol ....ops

I thought bannon was the one who wrote the book.
He is only quoted in the book.

To be fair with the way the MSN talks about bannon in relation to that book I just assumed the book was only about bannon....

Seems less likely that bannon made any of it up now.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Fair enough I have read it and would recommed it if your best interested. It quotes more than Bannon but his stuff is the most interesting I think

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

lol ....ops

I thought bannon was the one who wrote the book.
He is only quoted in the book.

To be fair with the way the MSN talks about bannon in relation to that book I just assumed the book was only about bannon....

Seems less likely that bannon made any of it up now.

Numerous people have insisted that Wolff fabricated the quotes he attributed to them. I'm still waiting for confirmation from Bannon that he actually said or did things reasonably close to what the book has him doing.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The only people who changed there mind on bannon is trump fans, the guy who writes there daily propaganda is now an ennemy of trump.

Serious question , does this mean that breitbart is now fake news.

The spin is so strong that before the book came out fox news and some ats posters where already claiming a bunch of people say its all lies, without anybody reading the book.

I love the smell of desperation in the morning.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Have you read it

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Now the he has been shunned by Team Trump, the Mercer Family, and Breitbart, Steve has nothing to lose and may sing like he's never sung before. Trump is probably mulling over making an enemy out of Steve right now but as I've said, if Trump was a smart man he would've gotten together with Steve to fight off the allegations from that book but instead he let his emotions take over and he made an enemy.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Now the he has been shunned by Team Trump, the Mercer Family, and Breitbart, Steve has nothing to lose and may sing like he's never sung before.

This is very true.

He could sing like a bird just because he has nothing to lose.

Like I keep saying however I think that we have to be very cautious in accepting anything he has to say as being true he is very manipulative.

Will be interesting to see what he has to say.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I can't see bannon spilling the beans.
He still is a Trump sickophant.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
I can't see bannon spilling the beans.
He still is a Trump sickophant.

I think its very possible that he might go after Kushner though.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Another circle jerk to nowhere. I mean, do you get all excited when you post these things thinking THIS IS REALLY GOING TO BE THE ONE!....

What do you really think he would have to say, now, that will sway anything?

It it getting real sad to watch some of you post this drivel....

Interesting.

I didn't see a single person say THIS IS REALLY GOING TO BE THE ONE!

I saw a bunch of people speculating on what he might know.

I DID see a whole lot of people promise us this is all a "nothing burger" and a "precious narrative" and "there is no evidence" as if they somehow know, and are not willing to wait and see what Mueller presents as actual evidence.

Trump really ought to be terrified because I am not sure there's been a person who has testified yet with less to lose than Bannon at this point. He's already been "Banished" - not just by Trump, but by all of you, his former acolytes, because he had the temerity to speak against Trump. I have yet to see a single Alt-Righter here write: "What if Bannon is right?"

Such self-certainty.

Bannon might be able to shed a great deal of light on the use of Cambridge Analytics, which is also the overlap between Jared, the Mercers, and the Russian-Cyber assistance. For those of you confidently stating that there's no evidence of collusion, you've yet to explain why it was that Russia was working so hard to get Trump elected, and why Trump seems to love Russia more than his own government. At least he's criticized his own government in the past.

The fake that the fing idiot Kushner has brought in the single highest priced ... in the world, putting a person in the bed of Murdoch, Putin, and Blair, under the control of the Chinese government, and now right near the inner circle of the White house, that OUGHT to scare you guys, you have BOTH China and Russia in a position to spy upon and manipulate U.S. foreign policy, and yet you blindly support, tell us all there's nothing to see here.

Amusing, except it's dead serious.

I'm glad a man as great as Mueller, who is better than 10 of me, is the one who will be doing the investigation, evaluation, and trying the cases.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
So much pointless whining from trumpsters, as if this wasn't an interesting development to make a thread about. It doesn't matter if you think Bannon is the worlds biggest #hole, bastard, or liar, or even if everybody changed their minds about him 10 times over, he was still a huge player in the white house and in Trump's campaign, obviously Mueller needs to question him if he can, if he wants to do a good job.

a reply to: Swills

I don't know what is even going on with Bannon anymore, he seems erratic. Maybe he's lost it or maybe he doesn't care anymore. But I don't think his loyalty to Trump would be swayed by Trump's behavior at this point, he's got to be used to Trump's drama by now, and surely he must have known Trump was going to be furious when he found out about the book. But yeah, Trump would have been smarter to keep his cool and pretend to be friendly to Bannon, even though if I was Trump I would not trust him.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

originally posted by: Wayfarer
Mueller likely is asking Bannon questions that he already knows the answer to in the hopes he catches him lying and then has leverage to get Bannon to disclose more.

Total Nothingburger obviously. My rule of thumb is if the judicial system hasn't found a patsy to place the blame on within the first 3 hours of a crime (even one as minor as a Presidential Manchurian candidate) then its not worth even investigating.

Did you not read, others have already said Watergate went on for 2 years. Also, yes I am pretty sure that Bannon does know something, as does Muller, how that is a "nothingburger" when we don't even know what is being said yet, is a bit of a conclusion.

We will see, sooner than later I hope. Then we can see who made asses out of themselves, either pro or against, Muller.

Watergate had an actual crime to investigate.

Mueller is investigating a delusion.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

Shedding Banon is a move to the center. Its politics.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join