It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aziz Ansari responds to sexual assault allegation: 'I was surprised and concerned'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Dont worry its coming to a end fast .
To long now have men just stepped back from this .
You lied you never wanted equality >really its funny how long men have fallin for this .
Guys women THINK they control use by our penis fact is women are even MORE sexual then we are .
Now the solution is the same as women's NOT TONIGHT I have a head ake .

For god sake it only works because we keep tring to placate women . Thing is you can move teh couchten times and it still just does not look right to her .
Or was the couch the thing she was moving ?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Maybe it can be, if someone is doing something you don't like.

Tell that person to stop.

Get your stuff and go.

Women should be empowered to choose for themselves and not just be a passive voice. But an active one.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I am personally staying away from any woman who leans left at all. I just can't risk it.

I've always stayed away from most women who lean left for an entirely different reason. Lack of intelligence and ability to discern media nonsense from actual facts are a deal break for me. Luckily I found myself a good wife, Libertarian and not conservative, but no one is perfect.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

I do get it for the reasons of empowering themselves to say no.

I also get it that if you want equality you got it!

I get both perspectives by question is really how do we frame this conversation in a way that we can get to a place that makes sense for everyone?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

how do we frame this conversation in a way that we can get to a place that makes sense for everyone?

The days of society making any semblance of "sense" are long gone my friend.

Embrace the madness.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

originally posted by: luthier

Lol, you think gold diggers are all liberal?

That's a joke.

Gold digging???

Extortion? Lawsuits?

Limelighting?

Yeah. It doesn't seem to know any political party. Like marrying a rich guy and setting them up with a divorce, or extorting celebrities..

Or just plain nuts who didn't like finding out it was a one night stand.
edit on 16-1-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

Also, "I felt pressured" isn't the same as, "I had no choice" to me. If you felt pressured and didn't put your foot down then who's really at fault?.

The person applying the pressure is still at fault.

Hmmm. I guess, presence alone can make people feel pressured

Thats to slippery of slope for me.

I believe in ownership so if O feel pressured I feel it is my duty to alleviate thsy pressure.

But again I am a 240 lb male.

That’s nice, it’s still not the victims fault.

Few will disagree with you that people need to be more open and assertive about what they do and don’t want; still not her “fault”. But what he did falls almost certainly outside the realm of anything criminal, this is a gray area best used as a teaching moment.
edit on 1/16/2018 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/16/2018 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
My husband and read that Babe article when He saw it pop up on Reddit. I have to say that not only was the article extremely graphic in detail, it was absolutely ridiculous. In my opinion. My immediate thought on finishing it was that this woman and that article in particular are just reinforcing the idea that women are helpless and we are only there to be acted upon. “Grace” could have gotten up and walked out at any point. Sounds like she should’ve left when she was served white wine instead of red, since she didn’t get to choose.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

Teaching what?

It sounds to me like we should be teaching ESP. Or maybe we should recognize that conflating "I had a bad time" with "I was raped or sexually assaulted" is a dumb idea to begin with.

Do women have moral agency or not? Because an awful lot of people seem to think they don't and that is utterly ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

Teaching what?

It sounds to me like we should be teaching ESP. Or maybe we should recognize that conflating "I had a bad time" with "I was raped or sexually assaulted" is a dumb idea to begin with.

Do women have moral agency or not? Because an awful lot of people seem to think they don't and that is utterly ridiculous.

Did you seriously not read the first sentence of that #ing paragraph?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Victim of what her own judgement?

My goodness. How about teach your daughters to not be groupies and have some morals or they may end up hurt by opportunists.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Victim of what her own judgement?

My goodness. How about teach your daughters to not be groupies and have some morals or they may end up hurt by opportunists.

How about you learn to #ing read.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I did.
You refer to a victim and a gray area.

It's neither. It's called life. You live with bad decisions and do better next time.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I did.
You refer to a victim and a gray area.

It's neither. It's called life. You live with bad decisions and do better next time.

I also point out that everyone needs to be clear and assertive yet attempt to insult my parental instincts.

So I’m not sure you did.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Perhaps you should be more clear and take your own advise.

Like this person probably wasn't a victim and it wasn't a gray area.

I mean do we all just start blaming the world for own bad choices? Jesus..it's pretty clear. Don't be so star struck you can't control yourself in the situation and hope body language which obviously wasn't forceful enough to push someone away is really an argument.
edit on 16-1-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
There are non verbal indicators that help people realize they are going to have sex with each other. There are also indicators to oppose it as well. That is why I'll never agree to having to state "Yes, I want to have sex with you" before each encounter. This is one of those times an obvious non verbal no way given. This isn't someone skirting the line. This is someone taking minor steps over it to attempt to go further. Watching the resistance to see if he's gone too far crossed the line. He still crossed the line, no if's and's or buts.

I usually always go against SJW's. This time is no different. They want a verbal YES or it's sexual assault.... unless it's someone they like. Hypocritical mother #ers.

This kind of a man is sick. He is a predator.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

Is it possible to confuse non verbal symbolism?

I'm one of those people who really has a hard time reading non verbal que's in ANY situation. No really, I have to tell people to their face to be straight up with me and if I catch them trying to do fancy I'm smarter than you crap I gotta let them how I feel due to the fact that I don't pickup on que's.

It was a real problem as a kid but as an adult it's way easier to manage because I can just tell people I don't want to play any stupid games.

I consider that stupid games, when you can't verbally tell someone what you are thinking or where your at. Not saying this woman is stupid I don't know EXACTLY what happened. Just saying I see games as low level intelligence.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The Pendulum Swings. This is a subject that needed to be addressed - - but, per usual The Pendulum swings to the extreme.

It will settle back down to reasonable - - in time.

My issue is Abuse of Power, Women fearing loss of job, or promotion because they refuse to respond to sexual advances.

In this particular case, I do not agree with the woman. They exchanged phone numbers and later agreed to meet-up.

IF he had bought her drinks and pressured her the same night - - that would be "the beginning" of harassment IMO.

Many women are guilty of expecting men to know what they are thinking. That is wrong.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

I think there is a grey area.

I think the media is taking these issues and trying to frame the political debate so that we can't focus on things like what's going on with Mueller and the indictments.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
well, i read her story. it sounded pretty clear to me that she was trying to dial things down and he kept trying to dial them back up.

it's all well and good to say 'well she should have just left', but in the moment, in someone else's house, subjected to that kind of continual pressure... if you don't know what that's like then lucky you.

seeing the majority of totally-missing-the-point responses to threads like this make me reconsider on a weekly basis whether i even want to be on this forum, to be honest. some of you are quite awful people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join