It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ICE Didn't Follow Procedures for Checking Illegal Immigrants' Ties to Terrorism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Article

Homeland Inspector General Report

During the Obama administration, Immigration and Customs Enforcement was not following proper procedures when checking if illegal aliens were known terrorists, jeopardizing national security, according to an audit.

The office of inspector general found that between 2013 and 2015, ICE was not screening illegal immigrants who had been released for terrorist ties. Every single case of a suspected terrorist reviewed by the inspector general included errors, where ICE officials were not in compliance with security standards.

"ICE Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) faces challenges in implementing the Known or Suspected Terrorist Encounter Protocol (KSTEP) screening process, which is used to identify aliens who may be known or suspected terrorists," the inspector general said. "Although ERO uses KSTEP to screen all aliens who are in ICE custody, ERO policy does not require continued screening of the approximately 2.37 million aliens when released and under ICE supervision."

My emphasis:

Of the 40 cases reviewed under the audit, nearly half were missing required background checks while the illegal alien was detained.

The problem apparently hasn't been fixed either.

ICE warned that the problem is continuing into the Trump administration, noting the agency has identified "at least 19 more cases since January 2016 when field personnel did not transmit the required incident reports to ICE headquarters."

The inspector general identified at least nine field offices and smaller offices that as recently as July 2017 did not "have the infrastructure necessary to communicate derogatory information about known or suspected terrorists."

Sounds like it's a combination of simply failing to follow procedure, systemic problems within the agency and in some cases simply not having the necessary capabilities to be able to. We need the funding to improve our security infrastructure. ICE has been a mess as long as I can remember.
edit on Wed Jan 17 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Sounds like it's a combination of simply failing to follow procedure, systemic problems within the agency

Its a problem of the employees dont give a crap!

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: face23785

Sounds like it's a combination of simply failing to follow procedure, systemic problems within the agency

Its a problem of the employees dont give a crap!
Or purposefully turning a blind eye For cash and prizes

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
if they started catching these "terrorists" there would not be any threat. Without threat there is no funding. Without funding there are no slushfunds, scams, rackets and personal gain.
edit on 16-1-2018 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit
if they started catching these "terrorists" there would not be any threat. Without threat there is no funding. Without funding there are no slushfunds, scams, rackets and personal gain.

I get what you're saying, but there's always more terrorists. That's kind of one of the big problems with the "war on terror" is it not? There's new ones being made every day. Stopping the ones that attempt to come in doesn't eliminate the threat.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
All that 'secret jihadi terrorist army crossing the border' crap is just that. Terrorists armed with military weapons don't attack the US within its own borders.

Theres a reason for that.

But be verrry afraid anyway.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
now that made me wonder
Ok so it is oves they dont have not attacked with military weapons .
Now you say tehre is a reason they dont ?
why dont they ? It is sure not Because they can not get the weapons nore that they can not do so IN the states ?

This is something i have wondered about my self wile UK and france are have quite a few larger attacks we here in the states have only had one or two and even then its just one or two people with one or two weapons and half the time they are not related to out side sources .
Honstly it is the odd thing to me being here in the US a place saturated with weapons and a place were darn enar any one can get supply's to make boom booms and yet the arte ( alest by the news is so much lower .

they tell us we are hated more so then any one ( sure is a lot of people who come here saying they hate us lol
so why are we so low down on who gets it ?

top topics

join