It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bleeding eye fever deadlier than Plague, kills 4, infects dozens

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I have been coming across stories about the new bleeding eye fever (officially called Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever) for the last couple of weeks. I have not seen anything posted on ATS so here is one of the links. You have to wonder if this will turn into another Ebola scare and death toll ?
www.deccanchronicle.com...

South Sudan saw three people die in December and now a girl has died in Uganda, sparking fears of a major epidemic as the Bleeding eye Fever that is being touted to be deadlier than the plague kills four and infects dozens in East Africa.

Health Chiefs warn that the spread could be ‘catastrophic’

Human-to-human transmission can occur resulting from close contact with bodily fluids.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
I have been coming across stories about the new bleeding eye fever (officially called Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever) for the last couple of weeks. I have not seen anything posted on ATS so here is one of the links. You have to wonder if this will turn into another Ebola scare and death toll ?
www.deccanchronicle.com...

South Sudan saw three people die in December and now a girl has died in Uganda, sparking fears of a major epidemic as the Bleeding eye Fever that is being touted to be deadlier than the plague kills four and infects dozens in East Africa.

Health Chiefs warn that the spread could be ‘catastrophic’

Human-to-human transmission can occur resulting from close contact with bodily fluids.

Hold their visas please.

(post by tayton removed for political trolling and baiting)
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Oh, wow - check this out it is from a guardian article from today

In 1545 disaster struck Mexico’s Aztec nation when people started coming down with high fevers, headaches and bleeding from the eyes, mouth and nose. Death generally followed in three or four days.

Within five years as many as 15 million people – an estimated 80% of the population – were wiped out in an epidemic the locals named “cocoliztli”. 

Mexico: 500 years later, scientists discover what killed the Aztecs
edit on 16-1-2018 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-1-2018 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   
That sounds Horrible. Poor people,jeez..
Well they managed to contain Ebola so they propbly can contain this from spreading very far?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

Never heard of that,thanks for the info

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Maybe they're just hiding its another Ebola micro break. Where did Ebola go anyway?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

wth?

Sounds like a few people have been messing about in a lab to see exactly what this vorus was that killed all those Aztecs!

An exp[eriment which is now out in the open like some zombie flu.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
That sounds Horrible. Poor people,jeez..
Well they managed to contain Ebola so they propbly can contain this from spreading very far?

Ebola is out of the news, but not Out of Africa, anymore than the uS military is out of Syria, either.

You just won't find any stories about either infection in the Main Scream Media.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

I wonder if the 1545 outbreak in Mexico is related? Maybe somebody is trying to weaponize it in Africa now. Seems like these bugs get loose from the laboratories quite frequently, accidentally you understand.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   

It looks like the gods are coming back and they're not too happy with what we've done to the place.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack

It looks like the gods are coming back and they're not too happy with what we've done to the place.

No....

truth is, WE are what happens when god does not exist.

eta-

Dude you're prolific. I keep doing my usual and *side eyes* There you are, every time today.

At least you're the sane one.

edit on 16-1-2018 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

No....

eta-

Dude you're prolific. I keep doing my usual and *side eyes* There you are, every time today.

Sane, that's highly subjective and somewhat debatable

The gods, the dudes in space ships that come down every so often to mess with us. Now i'm thinking our food chain is the product of ancient GMO's they left behind for us, and here they are going for Round 2.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I saw this in the news and thought about posting it, but it said this was some sort of tick borne illness in that article.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
One of these days it will be a disease that is easily transmitted. Not bodily fluid like this one but just breathing the air near an infected person.

Can you imagine a four hour flight with a carrier?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
One of these days it will be a disease that is easily transmitted. Not bodily fluid like this one but just breathing the air near an infected person.

And that's when the whole world goes to hell.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Bluntone22

And that's when the whole world goes to hell.

Think anybody will notice?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

No....

eta-

Sane, that's highly subjective and somewhat debatable

The gods, the dudes in space ships that come down every so often to mess with us. Now i'm thinking our food chain is the product of ancient GMO's they left behind for us, and here they are going for Round 2.

Some would even say that WE are the GMO. O.o And a thought I've pondered more than once. They're just growing us. The more we evolve away from the primordial soup creatures that were once tethered to the floor of ocean Earth, and into enlightened(tm) beings, the tastier we become. I think I need a little less salt and more szechuan sauce. Goes well with our chicken taste. I don't personally know this, but I did read how that Japanese guy said the women he murdered and cooked had a rubbery bottom that didn't taste good.

But, think of it...

A universe so vast in our imagining, but really, we're like a mouse peeking out from it's safe haven under the back porch steps, peering at the vastness of 'space'.. But as the curiosity of the mouse grows stronger, and the vastness of the unexplored and the thrill of exploration, the allure of unknown space cheese beckons, and the mouse does something bizarre - it leaves the security of what it knows as home, it's safety, and ventures forth. Ever the inquisitive yet timid explorer, the mouse sees something intriguing; a thing so mesmerizing it just has to see for itself. It shines amongst the distant shrubbery.

It scurries across the spanse of.. (I googled spanse, it does not exist, and only the one guy on reddit from 3 years ago, knows my discontent) .. It scurries across the expanse of the seemingly infinitely undulating green fabric of the unknown, towards the i... Ahhh Ahh it's a Cat !!!

and so the mouse was once more within the realm of it's only ever known safety. And none of the other mice would listen. "Land Cats, in shrubs? Ha. On a green wavy thing? near a big shiny thing? lay off the ratsak will ya Bill." But he knew. They were out there, and they had warned him, never to venture into their unknown ever again. For it was theirs, and from that day forth, all of the mouse abductions and strange wide eyed growling giants with tails that seemed to move without manipulation unlike a mouse tail, and who appear under the cover of darkness, made sense. It all made sense.

Nothing wrong with being sane, don't want to live there though. It's boring and tepid. Not like under the steps.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join