It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Read the Letter Trump's Immigrant Grandpa Wrote Begging Not to Be Deported

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
So did Obamas Dad(write many letters)...why does that make or break a president? His dad was celebrated in his book remember.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I think I will watch any movie, believe any movie, I desire to. Take your autocrat attitude to someone else.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

I think I will watch any movie, believe any movie, I desire to. Take your autocrat attitude to someone else.

I wasn't ordering you, but it seems obvious that you cannot differentiate between a movie and real life...

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

You should at least try to get your "facts" straight. Nobody needs to steal ITINs.

ITINs are issued regardless of immigration status because both resident and nonresident aliens may have a U.S. filing or reporting requirement under the Internal Revenue Code.

General ITIN information

Looks like the Feds (at least the IRS) are doing their part in the sanctuary movement.

edit on 17-1-2018 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

So then illegal aliens don't need a work permit then and don't need anything else? Yes i did make a mistake by addressing ITINS only, but last i checked you do need a work permit or social security to be able to work in the U.S., unless you are working also illegally which then leads to question do illegal aliens declare all their taxes? Last i checked illegal immigrants do not get either work permits or social securities unless they are stolen.
edit on 17-1-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

This is what Trumpites do when something doesn’t fit their agenda

Quick deflection

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
So then illegal aliens don't need a work permit then and don't need anything else? Yes i did make a mistake by addressing ITINS only, but last i checked you do need a work permit or social security, and illegal immigrants do not get those unless they are stolen.

They might not need them in sanctuary cities, but I'm not sure. Maybe the ITIN is enough and all I'm saying is that it seems like the government is providing the means which puts in question the illegality of people in that type of situation.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

And you are a troll trying to make the thread about me. Limited attention span I’m sure.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

a reply to: daskakik

So then illegal aliens don't need a work permit then and don't need anything else? Yes i did make a mistake by addressing ITINS only, but last i checked you do need a work permit or social security to be able to work in the U.S.

You don't need a U.S. Social Security number to work in the U.S. You only need it for employment. But, you can work as a self-employed contractor, for hire, say loading bricks onto a truck for some building project, and get paid by the hour, without any social security number being required. Since you're self-employed, your employer is you yourself, and so you'd show your social security number to yourself, to get that work. It's up to you as employer, to verify that SSN is correct, and that you have the right to work. So, unless you turn yourself in, or fire yourself for not having the appropriate SSN, you can still keep working.

Look at it this way, when last did you call a self-contractor plumber or electrician, to come fix something in your home, and required that contractor to show you his SSN, before you paid him?

edit on 17-1-2018 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

They might not need them in sanctuary cities, but I'm not sure. Maybe the ITIN is enough and all I'm saying is that it seems like the government is providing the means which puts in question the illegality of people in that type of situation.

You are not sure?... Then you shouldn't be making assumptions and perhaps you should learn "to get your facts straight"... ITINS do not authorize anyone to work in the U.S...

It's right there in the same link you gave...

An ITIN does not:
• Authorize work in the U.S.
• Provide eligibility for Social Security benefits
• Qualify a dependent for Earned Income Tax Credit Purposes

www.irs.gov...

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

You don't need a U.S. Social Security number to work in the U.S. You only need it for employment. But, you can work as a self-employed contractor, for hire, say loading bricks onto a truck for some building project, and get paid by the hour, without any social security number being required. Since you're self-employed, your employer is you yourself, and so you'd show your social security number to yourself, to get that work. It's up to you as employer, to verify that SSN is correct, and that you have the right to work. So, unless you turn yourself in, or fire yourself for not having the appropriate SSN, you can still keep working.

Look at it this way, when last did you call a self-contractor plumber or electrician, to come fix something in your home, and required that contractor to show you his SSN, before you paid him?

Yes you do need either a social security number, or a work permit, and btw, "self-contractors' do need a social security number...

Do Independent Contractors Have to Pay Social Security Tax?
January 11, 2011
By: Karen Farnen

Independent contractors pay Social Security and Medicare taxes as self-employment taxes. If you meet income thresholds, these taxes apply to any earnings you receive for self-employment, such as for tutoring or baby-sitting. To pay, you must file special paperwork with your annual federal income tax forms. In many cases you'll also have to make estimated payments during the year.

www.sapling.com...

To pay social security you must have a social security number, and to work in the U.S. you do need a social security or some form of work permit. Unless you are working illegally as well as being an illegal alien.

edit on 17-1-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

You are not sure?... Then you shouldn't be making assumptions and perhaps you should learn "to get your facts straight"... ITINS do not authorize anyone to work in the U.S...

I never said they did. I said that they are not asked for them in sanctuary cities and that in that situation an ITIN is enough. The only fact that I offered is that they are given regardless of immigration status and that was straight as an arrow.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I never said they did. I said that they are not asked for them in sanctuary cities and that in that situation an ITIN is enough. The only fact that I offered is that they are given regardless of immigration status and that was straight as an arrow.

Now you are contradicting yourself. An ITIN cannot be enough when an ITIN does not authorize anyone to work in the U.S.

You see, you were caught by your own attempt to use semantics against me. Even in sanctuary cities in order to work you need a work permit, or a social security number to authorize you to work in the U.S.

It says it right there in that link you yourself gave.

An ITIN does not:
• Authorize work in the U.S.
• Provide eligibility for Social Security benefits
• Qualify a dependent for Earned Income Tax Credit Purposes

www.irs.gov...

edit on 17-1-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

The ITIN is enough if the other requirements are being ignored. Not my fault that you have trouble figuring out what is actually being said.

ETA: To try and clear it up for you. The point of your original post was, they have to steal IDs. If they can use ITINs, which they are getting even if they are illegal and the place they live isn't asking for anything else, then that is enough to get a job without having to use a stolen ID.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

They usually need a business license if they are going to 1099 in blue collar work. For that, they need an ID. To get an ID you need a SSN....

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

And you are a troll trying to make the thread about me. Limited attention span I’m sure.

ROFLMAO... naa, I wasn't trying to make the thread about you, but you keep on trying to make it about you. BTW, if standing up for legal aliens and Americans = to being a troll, I guess i am one and proud of that. But then again to people like yourself having a difference of opinion than yours it equals to "being a troll".

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

The ITIN is enough if the other requirements are being ignored. Not my fault that you have trouble figuring out what is actually being said.

So you still can't or won't understand that an ITIN does not authorize people to work in the U.S.?... Keep trying going around in circles... In order to work you need to be authorized to work which means either having a social security number or a work permit. There is an underground criminal network that specializes in "identity theft" and some of the people that use stolen identities are illegal aliens.

It's not my fault if you can't understand that an ITIN does not authorize anyone to work in the U.S. It is a simple sentence that anyone should be able to understand.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

So you still can't or won't understand that an ITIN does not authorize people to work in the U.S.?...

I understand it but there is a loophole, it doesn't require identity theft and the federal government is making it possible. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I understand it but there is a loophole, it doesn't require identity theft and the federal government is making it possible. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

It's not a "loophole" when it doesn't authorize anyone to work in the U.S. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

It is a loophole because it is being used, making the application of the law inadequate.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join