It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Read the Letter Trump's Immigrant Grandpa Wrote Begging Not to Be Deported

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Exactly. It's one thing to deport individuals who have engaged in crime, but to deport entire groups of immigrants who are just here to make a better life for themselves and their families is just heartless. Separating kids from their parents is just downright evil.

Is coming here illegally a crime?

The bottom line is many want to paint this illegal actively as we are "downright evil" to do anything about it, and as proof of that evilness they post a few cases like this guy who has been here for 30 years and so falls outside of the DACA program without looking at the other 10s of millions.

AND without saying for what this all is..HUMAN TRAFFICKING!!

No they need to give a sad story of little José who just comes here for a better life... Repeat after me everyone HUMAN TRAFFICKING...isn't too sweet on the lips is it... This is a very vulnerable group of people that so many are taking advantage of whether it is drug running, sex trade, slave labor...etc etc and the criminals that see America as a place with more opportunity for their skills.

Geez I just do not get so many of you with your bleeding hearts for this situation that WE NEED TO FIX, even if it means little José may need to go back to you home country of birth.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
man who spent 30 years of his life in U.S. is deported

On Martin Luther King Jnr Day. Wife, kids, sobbing. A nation of s***holers we are.

Yep 30 years to become an American citizen that's awful.

Isn't it.. I worked in IT here years ago, and there was a lady, she was a cleaner at one of the campuses I worked at, she was from England.

One Australia day, she proudly came up to us and said she finally did it. She became a citizen.

She was beaming. Things had changed for her and it was settled. None of us even knew she wasn't already. But the fact she felt so happy about it, was awesome.

She didn't break in illegally, nor did she lie to stay, nor did she do anything wrong.

Do it right, why the hell is this such an issue to the left.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
The letter was interesting. Your commentary was mendacious

You made me have to look up"mendacious"

STOP IT.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: Lagomorphe
How about looking towards the future instead of scraping the bottom out of the barrels past?

Warmest respects

Lags

a reply to: Southern Guardian

Did you say the same thing to Trump and his right-wing gang when they tried to dig up Obama’s past to prove he wasn’t an American citizen ?

You mean that thing started by Clinton supporters in 2008?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Are you saying the Trumps haven’t been in the US since the beginning of time? They’ve lost my support.

It gets worse.

Wait till you hear about Baron Trumps Marvelous Underground Journey. I mean, he's a kid, but a time travelling one and obviously up to sinister deeds as the Trumps are wont to do.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack
a reply to: MOMof3

Have you been to Saudi Arabia lately?

She's posting on ATS, so she's obviously Saudi Royalty if she has.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

Do the Saudi’s make laws governed by our constitution in Saudi Arabia?

You should watch The Gangs of New York.

Why are you all living in the late 1800's early 1900's?

it's 2018. We just had new years, you should know this.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

men·da·cious

menˈdāSHəs/

adjective

not telling the truth; lying.

"mendacious propaganda"

synonyms:lying, untruthful, dishonest, deceitful, false, dissembling, insincere, disingenuous, hypocritical, fraudulent, double-dealing, tw o-faced, Janus-faced, two-timing, duplicitous, perjured; More

Let me guess, google?

We're all googlers, YAY!!!

give me hope that so many can use a search engine.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

So what you're saying is, if we don't get rid of all these people coming in from s*hole countries, we could wind up with another Trump some day.

That has to be the strangest argument against illegal immigration I've heard so far.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Good for her!!!! I have a close freind from Canada she, her husband and her children are all US citizens buy doing it the right way. Let alone the Hispanics I work with on a daily base that are legal US citizens you should hear how they talk about illegal immigrants its hilarious.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
the post made me laugh .
So dear old grandpa was a Pimp lolol

I know most politicians have a skeleton or two in there family But this is a T Rex lol
Well maybe that is ware Trump found the Russian Hookers phone numbers lol
Thanks grandpa
Now that is funny
seams Trumps know when to hold them know when to fold them know when to walk away know when to run
FOR president ! lolololol

Wow talk about sex scandles lol

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Not saying borders should be open. Not saying laws should be ignored. These are different times I understand.

Agreed, we must act in our defense. However, it is crucial we act in a fair, compassionate and reasonable way. In my humble opinion, deporting people who've been in the country illegally for years without any run-ins with the law shouldn't be deported. DACA recipients should not be deported, of course this shouldn't even be a question - I can't imagine why Obama wouldn't have taken his case to congress for DACA for a more-permanent solution. Of course there is the matter of breaking the law to come here in the first place, but realistically it is little more than a trespassing offense. We should have a path to citizenship for these people, and yes maybe include an obligatory fine. Let them "pay their debt" to society so we can move past this, and give those poor souls a path to citizenship.

But compassion, understanding, respect is much needed here.

Agreed, without precondition or qualification

He comes from a long line of s***holers himself and so do millions of others.

No doubt about it OP. My grand parents on mom side were immigrants (of course they were *all* immigrants at one point, save for native Americans), and they would've also called their place of origin a s### hole.

but I think it's important to remind those who are quick to support him over whatever he says.

True, blind acceptance is never a good thing. However, a lot of the divide stems from the fact that people will take the President's comments however they want (whatever best suits their beliefs). For instance, anti-Trumpers will claim his statements were racist/sexist/etc, whereas pro-Trumpers will claim they were not. Surely there is an objective reality here, of facts and not feelings. IMO, he was simply speaking the truth that those countries (among many others, including some places in the US) are indeed sh## holes.

If he had said those places were # holes because the people who lived there were a certain race, then it would indeed be racist. But he didn't. He is simply acknowledging the fact of those location's respective shi##iness.

Great OP though, always good to remind individuals where they came from.

Now on to my opinion...

Border security and protection is vital for our national defense. That said, we are the United States of America. If we want to continue our position of moral superiority (ie: doing the right thing), then we will have to handle this with a big heart and an open mind - like the USA has always done throughout history.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

My Muslim neighbors aren't pleased with illegal immigration either. From what they say, they worked hard and did all the right things and still had a lengthy time waiting to get citizenship.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Painterz

What did i say that made you ask that? I see no words equating to "lie" in my post.

You're original response used the word mendacious. Here's a copy of the definition from an online dictionary :

mendacious
mɛnˈdeɪʃəs/
adjective
adjective: mendacious

not telling the truth; lying.
"mendacious propaganda"
synonyms: lying, untruthful, dishonest, deceitful, false, dissembling, insincere, disingenuous, hypocritical, fraudulent, double-dealing, two-faced, Janus-faced, two-timing, duplicitous, perjured, perfidious; More

Now you are a goddam moderator!!!! come on!!! Apologise......................

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

He doesn't dance on demand.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Mate what is your purpose on ATS if not to constantly troll?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

whether or not trumps comments (if he said them) were racist is debatable. when you make a comment demeaning countries that happen to be black as, "sh*tholes" and in the same breath ask for more immigrants from the whitest bluest eyed country on the planet i will raise my eyebrow at you and stare you down harder than larry david.

at the worst racist at the least xenophobic because what does he think we do go to sh*thole countries and try and get as many sh*thole criminal people as possible? come on at least compromise that the people from those countries will be highly vetted, hard working, decent law abiding citizens that will contribute to our society no he assumes they are from a sh*thole country they are gonna come and sh*t our country up.

now this whole discussion is a big IF he said them, now considering all the other ignorant comments and his colorful past (sued for not renting to blacks, central park 6, john odonnel, grab em by the pussy etc etc) i would not be surprised if he did indeed say the things he is accused of. and i am sure his loyal followers will be quick to deny or justify everything i just mentioned. cult of personality.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Do you have a better source?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
man who spent 30 years of his life in U.S. is deported

On Martin Luther King Jnr Day. Wife, kids, sobbing. A nation of s***holers we are.

Yep 30 years to become an American citizen that's awful.

Might I add the author of the article in the link repeats several buzz words and details that i guess she thinks will create a real blind sense of anger and withdrawal of support from the current administration like how he and his two children cried as they ________eAndre is their only source of ________, Howard it is both racist and unpatriotic to assign his date on a national holiday, praising him for never ever even once breaking any laws....hmmmmm...???.....and...wait for it....this is where it feels moreover like April 1st than it does January 15, am I right? Because it repeats the idea several times and finally ends with an idea that reads like the punchline delivery of a long dragged out joke or "gotcha" piece. She shames anyone who is in support of Trump, ICE, or an illegal alien crack down ccalling such people and right wingers immoral and out of line for not even having the decency to hide the fact they are hatefully singling out illegal immigrants for deportation, nobody else. Hrrrmph >
Makes me steaming mad like last week I heard some Trump deplorable were in court pressing rape charges...not on grandma, not on little Billy Benjamin Baxter III from down the street, not the muffin man, not even any cis white capitalist males....nope, they singled out ONE GUY, the guy who used a gun to force penetrative intercourse on the victim and that's all. It just.....ugh it just makes me so mad and i feel so bad for that poor guy with a whole community standing against him.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

i don't know enough about how the immigration system works to say why illegals are here for so long without becoming legal but i would guess it has to do with ignorance and fear of being deported. imo it is a shame that someone here for 30 years if working and supporting themselves and having stayed out of trouble all those years well that sounds like a productive member of society to me. we should not be throwing them out decent hardworking people. we should tighten up border security and do our best to quell any future illegal immigration. we should go after the bad hombres not the good guys. you want to impress me, go after the cartel scum, welfare moochers and criminals not hard working, decent people that have been here 30 + years.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join