It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Read the Letter Trump's Immigrant Grandpa Wrote Begging Not to Be Deported

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+40 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Interesting piece of history from the Trump family:

In November, a German tabloid unearthed a 1905 letter from Donald Trump's grandfather, Friedrich Trump, in which he begged German authorities not to deport him. The handwritten letter—originally in German—has now been translated and published in the latest issue of Harper's.

The elder Trump first emigrated to the US from the Bavarian town of Kallstadt in the German Empire in 1885 at the age of 16, illegally skipping out on mandatory military service (sounds familiar). That move lost him his citizenship, and he later became a US citizen where he made his fortune running brothels and bars during the Yukon gold rush.

Trump returned to his homeland in the early 1900s, but he was scheduled to be deported because of his draft-dodging history.

www.vice.com...

Seems fitting. The US is, after all, a nation of s***holers, to put it blunt. Trumps Grandfather fled country to country in search of a better life. Even to dodge military service. The Irish came across the Atlantic in droves from the then poverty stricken Emerald Isle. Potato famine anybody? Italians fleeing poverty and politics. Japanese Americans, no different. A nation of s***holers and that's the truth. Trumps ilk are no different but he's so quick to forget that, and so are many of his supporters unfortunately. Excuse after excuse.

Not saying borders should be open. Not saying laws should be ignored. These are different times I understand. But compassion, understanding, respect is much needed here. This revelation about Trumps ol' pop is nothing new, it's been circulating for months, but I think it's important to remind those who are quick to support him over whatever he says. He comes from a long line of s***holers himself and so do millions of others.
edit on 16-1-2018 by Southern Guardian because: spelling

+35 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 05:10 AM
link   
How about looking towards the future instead of scraping the bottom out of the barrels past?

Warmest respects

Lags

a reply to: Southern Guardian

+49 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   
The letter was interesting. Your commentary was mendacious

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Oh how I wish they would have let him stay in Germany

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Which part of it was a lie?

America was built from immigrants, the vast majority of those immigrants were economic immigrants. The poor and the desperate seeking a better life.

And I see nothing untruthful about saying how important respect is?

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

What did i say that made you ask that? I see no words equating to "lie" in my post.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Your commentary was mendacious

This post made me giggle.

I'm glad you found the letter interesting. Kudos to reading it.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
Oh how I wish they would have let him stay in Germany

Aaaaahhhm... No, thanks!
"We" had "our" Hitler, that was enough!

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Yes the US of A was made to be a s4!t hole. Look at other draft dodgers and war criminals that became powerful in the US. Not to mention by your logic the Clinton family also had a hand in slavery by way of W.J. Clinton's great grandfather Thomas Jefferson Blythe. Hanging a person by their family tree is one of the most ignorant and biggoted thing a person can do. Thank you!

+26 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

What did i say that made you ask that? I see no words equating to "lie" in my post.

And here I will post the definition of the word you used to describe the commentary you were commenting on...

adjective: mendacious

not telling the truth; lying.
"mendacious propaganda"
synonyms: lying, untruthful, dishonest, deceitful, false, dissembling, insincere, disingenuous, hypocritical, fraudulent, double-dealing, two-faced, Janus-faced, two-timing, duplicitous, perjured, perfidious.

I think that may have been what Painterz was getting at.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   
man who spent 30 years of his life in U.S. is deported

On Martin Luther King Jnr Day. Wife, kids, sobbing. A nation of s***holers we are.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I agree about respect. You respect my countries laws. I will respect yours. If I break your countries laws I would expect your country to enforce their laws on me. Like if your break my countries laws, I expect my country to follow its own laws

If you disrespect any countries’ immigration law, you should expect that country should enforce their laws on your criminal butt

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   
You know whats funny, the media likes to paint the most hard core anti-illegal immigration people as all white supremacists.

The most hardcore ones I have met, are all legal immigrants, or first generation citizens, they did it the right way and are pissed to see people cheat the system and get rewarded.

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

On Martin Luther King Jnr Day. Wife, kids, sobbing. A nation of s***holers we are.

Yep 30 years to become an American citizen that's awful.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Not saying laws should be ignored. These are different times I understand. But compassion, understanding, respect is much needed here.

So if laws aren't to be ignored and these are "different times" (what ever that means); what are the solutions needed to solve the problem while not ignoring laws and accepting these are different times.

What I would like to see is a bill pass addressing DACA recipients. What Obama did was simply not good enough, he tricked them into outing themselves with no real protections in place for them. Now the Democrats (who faild to act on their behalf during the Obama years) are doing everything in their power to suctel reforms that can help these kids find lasting resolution and opted for easly changed cort order to protect them. Since this is a issue I care about I am really not happy with Democratic leaders these days.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

You made me have to look up"mendacious"

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Are you saying the Trumps haven’t been in the US since the beginning of time? They’ve lost my support.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   

he's married with 2 teenage kids, all of whom are us citizens.. after 30 years, he should have sorted out his immigration status really.

but i take your point

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   

I think it's important to remind those who are quick to support him over whatever he says. He comes from a long line of s***holers himself and so do millions of others.

Yeah but I don't think that's the current issue at hand, it's Illegals coming in by the droves, and many who come from a different way of life, one that demeans women and disregarding the laws of the land, and then living off the System while Americans starve in back alleys. That's the real issue.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

Do you have proof of any of that or just your personal info intake?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join