It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mud in your eye

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Do you recall the time where Jesus healed the blind guy by mixing His saliva with mud and rubbing it over the eyes of his patient?

No, back then even it was not normal to do this. It was and is still a mighty bizarre action to perform.

It took me a while to catch on, but it is a very humourous episode depicting God and Christ's sense of humour. There are many instances throughout the Bible where God demonstrates a humourous streak. It is like dark humour. It is very effective. It indicates a real personality behind the scenes, for me personally.

Christ is telling us that even his saliva could turn mud into a miraculous healing agent. It is the faith that is the real healer. Christ clearly told us it was not He doing any of it, but His FATHER doing it because Christ was asking Him if He would do it. Christ found it very dificult to do miracles in his home town where people had known Him all His life. Their familiarity bred contempt. His own Mother and Brothers/Sisters could not accept Him. Even though His Mother had been through a strange pregnancy like that her human mind could not accept too much reality (Eliot reference). It was not until after the Sign of Jonah that they became suddenyly so willing to even die for this Man.

Yes, Christ was using this as a humourous metaphor. Remember, he used the eye as a metaphor often; plank in the eye, if your eye offends thee gouge it out, eyes being the window to the soul, et c.

Christ was spitting in all our eyes and making them cleaner even with common mud. He was really laying into us with that one. He is saying that even the common mud of the road is cleaner than the human eye. Every action of His is full of teaching and metaphor, meanings that permeate reality even beyond the words.

Mud in your eye is really like saying "See Now" after being blind. He also spat and touched the tongue of a deaf and mute person. It is a ritual cleansing performance of the human senses, into eyes and into ears, from His lips and His tongue.

Matthew 13: 15;

For this people's heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them.'

Isaiah 6:10 "Render the hearts of this people insensitive, Their ears dull, And their eyes dim, Otherwise they might see with their eyes, Hear with their ears, Understand with their hearts, And return and be healed."

Acts 28:27 For this people's heart has grown callous; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts, and turn, and I would heal them.'

There are many more examples.

Do you not see how clearly supernatural this is? Even TS Eliot, given a thousand years, could not cross reference and stay on subject, let actions speak for words and words speak for actions like this.

When I get just a glimpse of Jesus as He really was and is I am amazed by Him more than any other personage in the whole of history.

Mud in your eye!

edit on 16-1-2018 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I was with a guy that asked me to pee on his leg after a jellyfish stung him.
I obliged, but I couldn't help but laugh.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Did he watch or did he look away? Because if he was watching it would be a little creepy. But what do I know. Are closer friends now?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I was with a guy that asked me to pee on his leg after a jellyfish stung him.
I obliged, but I couldn't help but laugh.

Yeah but You guys were in line at McDonalds™ so where was the Jellyfish? I think McDonalds™ uses an Eastern Cod...

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: skunkape23

Did he watch or did he look away? Because if he was watching it would be a little creepy. But what do I know. Are closer friends now?
He squinted his eyes and looked away in pain induced shame.
I have never seen the guy again.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 04:19 AM
link   
If the Bible doesn't make you laugh, and cry, youre doing it wrong.

So much of the scripture is smart ellic remarks and sarcasm, rhetorical questions,eye rolling, the taking away of objections etc, its sad people interpret it in the sick ways they do.

Im waiting on a denomination to figure out what Corinthians 11 says. Not one has caught up to reality so far.

edit on 18-1-2018 by AdKiller because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

There is another reason, Jewish law expressly forbids anyone from making a mortar, a mixture of liquid and sand on the sabath, it's considered working and a serious breach of the law
Pretty much Jesus was breaking the tradition of the Pharisees and denying their laws

top topics

join