It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

R.I.P Dolores... Are you listening... The Cranberries.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Dolores O'Riordan the Irish musician and singer-songwriter and lead singer of the Cranberries has died suddenly at the age of 46.

The cause of her sudden and tragic death is unknown at this moment.

A statement from her publicist said : “Irish and international singer Dolores O’Riordan has died suddenly in London today. She was 46 years old.

“The lead singer with the Irish band The Cranberries was in London for a short recording session. No further details are available at this time.

“Family members are devastated to hear the breaking news and have requested privacy at this very difficult time.”

Link : www.independent.co.uk...

The Irish Times notes that the Cranberries were forced to cancel tour dates in 2017 due to O'Riordan's ill health; the band cited "medical reasons associated with a back problem." O'Riordan had also been diagnosed as bi-polar in 2014."

Link : www.irishtimes.com...

Another truly great artist has left us... Rest in peace Dolores and may your voice live on forever for those who knew or heard you.

ZOMBIE :

The song was written during The Cranberries’ English Tour in 1993, in memory of two boys, Johnathan Ball and Tim Parry, who were killed in an IRA bombing in Warrington, England in February 1993.

Ball was three and Parry was twelve when two bombs placed inside cast-iron litter bins exploded in a Warrington high street, injuring dozens of shoppers and killing the two young boys. The bombs had been placed by the IRA, a militant group that was determined to remove British troops from Northern Ireland.

The deaths of the two children ensured that the bombing received major media coverage, and a month later, thousands held a peace rally in Dublin in response to the deaths.

"Another head hangs lowly

Child is slowly taken

And the violence, caused such silence

Who are we mistaken?

Another mother’s breaking

Heart is taking over

When the violence causes silence

We must be mistaken

It’s the same old theme

Since 1916

In your head, in your head, they’re still fighting

With their tanks, and their bombs

And their bombs, and their guns

In your head, in your head, they are dying..."

Link : www.news.com.au...

Warmest respects

Lags
edit on 16-1-2018 by Lagomorphe because: I am crap!

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Thanka for your natural style and your way.a reply to: Lagomorphe

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   
We've already lost so many...Bowie, Petty, Young, Prince....
I think sometime during the next decade, we're going to face a wave of loss. Most of our world class entertainers are in or near their 70s, like Steven Tyler, Eric Clapton, Mick Jagger, Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, Brian May, Elton John, Brian Johnson, Joe Perry...

Keith Richards will outlive the planet.

RIP Dolores.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Keith Richards will outlive the planet.

Old keith was born with either formaldehyde or whisky in his veins!

Funnily enough, "Sir" Mick Jagger has a small pad just down the road from where I live over here in France.

www.connexionfrance.com...

Met him a couple of times at local flea markets (decent and humble bloke), where he likes to hang out when he is over in France and off the touring circuit, but, I must admit that for the past two years or so he has not been that active here...

His zimmer frame must be worth a fortune...

Quite a few celebrities who have purchased castles in the area where I live actually!

Warmest

Lags
edit on 16-1-2018 by Lagomorphe because: I am crap

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: MaxTamesSiva

I love that live accoustic version.

Thank you sincerely MAX for the memories... Shame on me for not having put that particular tribute up here in my OP!

Kindest respects

Lags
edit on 16-1-2018 by Lagomorphe because: I am MEGA crap!

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Normally celebrity deaths don't affect me. There have been three Robin Williams, David bowie and now Dolores O'riordan.

Growing up me and my father didn't have much in common. Most of our conversations were very dry and conversations about music was making fun of each others tastes. I remember going somewhere with my dad i was around 13 or so. I remember hearing "zombie" for the first time. It was good music so i fully expected dad to change the station, not to start humming along.

The cranberries and Dolores became our common ground and through the years we have found more and more and it all started with "zombie"

She will be missed.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I was 16 and living in Belfast when zombie came out, it really summed up how myself and my peers felt and for once didn't glorify the terrorists. RIP Dolores.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Posted yesterday.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Posted yesterday.

Thanks Watch.

Over to you moderation staff and apologies for posting the same info.

Crap search function... grrrr...

Warmest

Lags

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   
It seems as if the good ones are taken early .

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Her voice and spirit were impossible to ignore.

edit on 16-1-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I first knew of Dolores because of her song, Zombie. Such a poignant song. May she rest in peace.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Posted yesterday.

closed

top topics

join