It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Senator DICK DURBIN Has a History of LYING and Spewing HATE.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   
January 15, 2018

This past week, U.S. Senator Dick Durbin (D-Illinois), told the press how "sickened" he was over language used by Donald Trump, just after leaving a private meeting on Immigration Reform, hosted by the President. (Note that this video is from the Chicago Sun-Times newspaper. Local media has been instructed by Durbin to address him as "Richard". He doesn't like Dick.)
Related Article: chicago.suntimes.com...-comments/

Those of us who live in Senator Durbin's state are familiar with his long history of lying, embellishing, "stirring the pot", and "show boating", when he doesn't get his way....or he gets frustrated.

A few examples:

1.) After a tense 2013 Budget negotiation meeting between Republicans, Democrats, and President Obama. Durbin exited the meeting and told the Press..

One GOP House Leader told the president, "I cannot even stand to look at you."
President Obama's press secretary, Jay Carney, said that Dick Durbin LIED.

Illinois source from 2013: www.chicagonow.com...

2.) In 2014 Dick Durbin was caught lying again. This time, it was regarding his role in the 2010 IRS scandal where that agency was directed to punish conservative groups.

"Dick Durbin flat-out lied to the Tribune editorial board. This is important because we don't know how deep Dick Durbin's role was in the IRS scandal that he himself characterized as reminiscent of the worst abuses of the Richard Nixon era," Oberweis said.

Illinois source from 2014: illinoisreview.typepad.com...

3.) Durbin's integrity is further blemished by his history Anti-America statements. Here's one example from the "way back" machine.

Sen. Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.) yesterday offered a tearful apology on the Senate floor for comparing the alleged abuse of prisoners by American troops, to techniques used by the Nazis, the Soviets, and the Khmer Rouge, as he sought to quell a frenzy of criticism.

Washington Post 2005: www.washingtonpost.com...

When you see Chicago democratic newspapers saying that Democrat Senator Dick Durbin lies, it's safe to assume that he does indeed have a problem telling the truth, or at the very least, telling the truth without adding untruths to the mix.

Summary: Unless a tape recording, or a full meeting transcript is produced to prove that Senator Durbin is correct regarding President Trump's statements, assume that he is lying....AGAIN.

-CareWeMust

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I completely agree, what a scum-bag ! I just wrote a long post in The Redneck's thread "How to destroy DACA and the innocent" how Daca and Trump are being sabotaged by the Dems and MSM after basically reaching an agreement to extend DACA in phase 1 and sign this month, in the televised meeting on DACA with both parties present, it was awesome to watch and a great and immediate solution for the "Dreamers" !

But NOOOOO we can't have our Government work together to solve a problem or give Trump any credit for facilitating a bi-partisan solution to expedite the problem, they throw DACA Dreamer's and by extension the Whole Country in the "sh#t-hole" with this Nonsense ! DICK in-deed

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 16-1-2018 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:06 AM
link   

And that should put this matter to rest, but....racism and stuff.

It is because of people like this guy that Trump won the Presidency in the first place.

They never learn.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

Indeed! The liberal media are using a serial liar as their sole source for days..not hours, but DAYS of continuous drum beating over ONE WORD allegedly spoken by the President of the United States.

Pure HATE has consumed Democrats and the liberal media to the point where they are willing to hurt millions of people.

And yet, we haven't seen nothing compared to what's coming after the Fake News awards this Wednesday, followed by Congressman Nunes exposing how Obama's Administration broke federal laws.

I'll go read your post at www.abovetopsecret.com... now. Thank-you for bringing that to my attention.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

Thank-you for reminding me to view Democrats like Dick Durbin as a GIFT to Republicans.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Yes, these Fake News awards are going to be pretty eye opening I think !

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Speaking of Democrats... what is going on at CNN?

edit on 16-1-2018 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: MountainLaurel

It's interesting that the White House is keeping the timing and broadcasting medium for the awards secret. We know that they're the day after tomorrow. But that's about all so far.

What's really crazy is that Republican Senator Jeff Flake will give a speech on Wednesday, comparing Republicn President Donald Trump to mass-murderer Joseph Stalin! Needless to say, that borders on insane... But this is America, for better or worse.

Excerpts from Jeff Flake's speech: www.washingtonpost.com... /?utm_term=.df678b6b2c67

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

That guy saying the "nig_ger" word is a former FBI officer? Well..President Trump did say that the FBI is in pretty bad shape on many levels.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Wow, the hateful spin is un-believable......I don't even know what to say about that clip

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

I've said for awhile, the modern and current left are the true racists.

Becoming blatantly obvious.

So obvious in fact yesterday leftist posters wouldn't even deny it but instead argued it's fine because they aren't the POTUS.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Dick's wife is a peach too.....another creepy elite power couple from the Swamp !

Durbin's wife Loretta was a lobbyist, and it was reported by the Chicago Tribune in 2014 that some of her "clients have received federal funding promoted by [Durbin]".[71] The Durbins maintain that they try to avoid conflicts of interest, however.[71]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: MountainLaurel

It's interesting that the White House is keeping the timing and broadcasting medium for the awards secret. We know that they're the day after tomorrow. But that's about all so far.

What's really crazy is that Republican Senator Jeff Flake will give a speech on Wednesday, comparing Republicn President Donald Trump to mass-murderer Joseph Stalin! Needless to say, that borders on insane... But this is America, for better or worse.

Excerpts from Jeff Flake's speech: www.washingtonpost.com... /?utm_term=.df678b6b2c67

Flake ?
Mudd ?
Whats in a name , right ?

edit on 1/16/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Mudd was CIA, also funny tid bit he's related to Sam Mudd (from the famous Lincoln Assassination)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Let's be honest here. Nobody in modern politics has ever lied with the frequency or disregard for repercussion as Donald half-of-everything-I-say-is-utter-bull# Trump.

He has 0 credibility. None. Zip. To pretend that you care about lying from *anyone* else in the context of supporting Trump is mind-tearing cognitive dissonance.

Durbin isn't the sole source.

Graham: 'My memory hasn't evolved' on meeting where others say Trump referred to '#hole countries'

But, in what appeared to be a direct jab at Sens. Tom Cotton and David Perdue, Graham said, "My memory hasn't evolved. I know what was said and I know what I said." Sen. Tim Scott, R-North Charleston, said Friday that Graham told him media reports of what Trump said were “basically accurate."

Graham has deliberately not refuted what Durbin says and has all but confirmed it to the media. He also told Republican Senator Tim Scott that what was being reported was "basically accurate" as Scott has stated publicly.

Then you have mealy mouthed defenses from Cotton, Perdue and Sec. Kirstjen Nielsen. The first two have given different accounts.

First it was "We do not recall the President saying these comments specifically" whatever that actually means. Then Cotton said that he didn't hear it while Perdue took a different tact and said, "I'm saying that this is a gross misrepresentation, it's not the first time Sen. Durbin has done it"

So now it's gone from he didn't say that *specifically* to "I didn't hear it" from one and "[it's] a gross misrepresentation" from the other.

How about Sec. Nielsen?

"It was an impassioned conversation," Nielsen said when pressed. "I don't recall that specific phrase being used. That's all I can say about that.

Two other people present — House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy and Rep. Robert Goodlatte — haven't weighed in.

Some of the latest reporting from multiple outlets citing WH sources is that there is some disagreement about whether Trump said "#holes" or "#houses" and that this irrelevant difference is the basis for Cotton and Perdue's statements.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   
The Dems are just upset that instead of having a free ride passing whatever policy their donors want, they have to deal with a guy that isn’t beholden to donors and speaks the truth. Plain and simple.

If he called them #hole countries then so be it. One of the reasons I voted for him is because he’s brash and says it how it is. The media’s focus on non stories like this one is just deflection from the fact they have no policy or ideas.
edit on 16-1-2018 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

The Dems can’t make policy, they are the minority.

Yes, it’s your type he plays to. At the expense of humiating other humans.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: Konduit

I've said for awhile, the modern and current left are the true racists.

Becoming blatantly obvious.

So obvious in fact yesterday leftist posters wouldn't even deny it but instead argued it's fine because they aren't the POTUS.

So, True racists are people that are welcoming to all and just want to live in peace and the not the people that are the actual racists that only want smart white people allowed into the country?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Durbin, in my opinion, is a lying, hypocritical opportunist.

You'd have better luck at winning the lottery than getting a sincere honest word out of the man.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

The Dems can’t make policy, they are the minority.

Yes, it’s your type he plays to. At the expense of humiating other humans.

Oh they could make policy. They would just have to be a little more bipartisan to get what they want, but as of right now they seem to only be focused on illegal immigrants and a continuation of subverting our immigration laws.

The only limit Trump has put out is no more subverting our laws, he's a deal maker. You get a little when you give a little. Don't worry I know the Repubs are just as guilty and I'm disgusted with a lot of those assclowns as well. Trump seems to be pretty bipartisan as long as Americans come first, which is the job of all politicians.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join