It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember when dems outraged over trumps profanity mocked conservatives using a crude sexual joke?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
All week we have heard about how un presidential trumps comments were.

How people are ashamed to have a President speak that way.

And how its not just about what trump said, but how he said it in a vulgar way that proves his racism and hatred for the people in the countries he was discussing.

Well I am sure you will be shocked to find out, absolutely shocked, that many of the same people with these criticisms found no problem with using a crude sexual joke to mock conservatives.

Remember when the tea party was constantly referred to by these people as tea baggers?

The liberal media, to use a convenient tag, went after the protesters with glee. Take Anderson Cooper, the acclaimed anchorman for CNN. He was interviewing David Gergen, the political pundit. And Gergen was saying that, after two very bad elections, conservatives and Republicans were “searching for their voice.” Cooper responded, “It’s hard to talk when you’re teabagging.” He said this with a smirk. MSNBC had an outright field day. Rachel Maddow and a guest of hers, Ana Marie Cox, made teabag jokes to each other for minutes on end: having great, chortling fun at the conservatives’ expense.

Some politicians — Democrats — have talked about “teabagging” and “teabaggers” too. And that includes the biggest Democratic politicians of them all. Recently, both President Obama and former president Bill Clinton spoke to congressional Democrats behind closed doors. They were giving pep talks on health-care legislation. Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse reported Clinton as saying, “The reason the teabaggers are so inflamed is because we are winning.” Rep. Earl Blumenauer reported Obama as saying, “Does anybody think that the teabag, anti-government people are going to support them if they bring down health care?”

www.nationalreview.com...

How Presidential of Obama and Bill Clinton to use a pejorative sexual term to demean their opponents!

Not only did the same people in the media that are now devastated by trumps crudeness not call this out, they were in on the joke. See, its ok to be non presidential and insulting as long as conservatives are a target.

Seeing as how the derogatory s-hole is enough proof that Trump hates Haitians and africans and is racist against them, then I assume the very same people saying that are acknowledging using the term teabagger would mean they are bigoted towards conservatives.

edit on 15-1-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I get your point but you seem to failed to realize that say teabagging and #hole countries are two very different things. So I gather that you support his use of such ideals and words... Do you support Trumps words? Assuming they are true.

+20 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Last year Trump was a Russian colluder.

Last month he was batsh#t crazy.

Last week he was a racist.

Wonder what he's gonna be next week?

If we could harness the spinning of the leftist's moral compass, we could power the world!

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

I get your point but you seem to failed to realize that say teabagging and #hole countries are two very different things. So I gather that you support his use of such ideals and words... Do you support Trumps words? Assuming they are true.

I do not think it was language our President should use.

However, it was not in a public setting, and I am not naive, I know politicians, like everybody, talk crude when not in public.

I do not think the Presidents comment was racist, and I think that Trumps question is a valid question of the visa lottery system that demands many immigrants from very poor countries.

I think anyone who felt Trumps language was to vulgar for a President should also feel the same way about Obama using a sexual pejorative term to mock his opponents.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
You are to yourself making its seem that way. It happens and buyers remorse is real. Deal with it and find a better option.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Superman for not nuking NK over the false alert in Hawaii....nah, he won’t be credited for no response.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I will agree that his words if real are not racist. They are a general view of the state that they are in.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I will agree that his words if real are not racist. They are a general view of the state that they are in.

Yes exactly.

Yet the hysteria about how this proves his racism continues unabated. And by the very people that mocked conservatives with childish sexual insults.

The hypocrisy is astounding.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Trump is a brash, coarse, New York builder. He can stand toe-to-toe in a cursing match with Anthony Scaramucci, if he needed to.

As long as Donald Trump continues to fulfill the promises that got him elected, he can use whatever terms he'd like, when referring to people, places, and things. It's all about knowing what matters and what doesn't.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Wonder what he's gonna be next week?

If we could harness the spinning of the leftist's moral compass, we could power the world!

It depends on how effective his FAKE NEWS awards are. If the MSM starts calling for Impeachment, I'd say that President Trump delivered an Emmy-worthy performance.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   

"Assuming they are true" being the key phrase here. The teabagging insults were on national TV..

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
you are really reaching here. defend, deflect, rinse, repeat.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I don't think that anyone is really all that outraged with him using profanity. This is the same sort of argument that was given by Trump supporters about his pussy grabbing statement.

Liberals don't tend to be prudish about foul language.

It's not the vulgarity though you'd think that would offend all the puritans on the right like Mike Pence. No, it's definitely the sentiment that he was expressing.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

Your comment on the thread about trumps comments.

I just think the leader of the Free World should behave in a more dignified manner whether behind closed doors or not.

Seems you are only concerned about acting in a dignified manner when its Trump.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

Indeed. I would say this is a textbook example of a false equivalence.

The people in question were calling themselves "teabaggers" before Obama and the media ran with it.

In fact, you could buy teabagger bumper stickers and stuff at TP events.

theweek.com...

Edit:

I think this is a case where they embraced the term themselves and they were mocked for it by the media and the Left.

edit on 15-1-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I don't think that anyone is really all that outraged with him using profanity. This is the same sort of argument that was given by Trump supporters about his pussy grabbing statement.

Liberals don't tend to be prudish about foul language.

It's not the vulgarity though you'd think that would offend all the puritans on the right like Mike Pence. No, it's definitely the sentiment that he was expressing.

So if trump would have said why do we take so many from countries that are poor, or third world countries, or corrupt countries, it would have been had the same reaction?

Of course not.

As my post above shows ad an example, many people were upset at how undignified Trumps comments were.

If trumps comments showed bigotry toward people from those countries, then surely you will admit all those that used teabagger shows bigotry to the people that was directed to.

Yet I didnt see 1/100th of the outrage, and in fact saw the same people outraged using that same insult.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Yes exactly.

Yet the hysteria about how this proves his racism continues unabated. And by the very people that mocked conservatives with childish sexual insults.

The hypocrisy is astounding.

Trump says what most of us are thinking. THAT is what scares TPTB... rampant common sense cannot be tolerated by the aristocracy.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   

How people are ashamed to have a President speak that way.

The shame is that it is not even proven to be true.

Even CNN is interviewing other people who were in the meeting saying that President Trump did not say $$5thole.

www.cnn.com...

The leaders of the left are like the children screaming in a supermarket when they don't get what they want. lol.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

maddow and cooper were nasty with it snickering and making jokes invoking the crude meaning shame on them, but they are not presidential hopefuls nor politicians. trump on the other hand that guy has a dirtier mouth than a truck driving sailor yes or no? never though of myself as much of an obama fan hated a lot of the things he did, liked some of the things he attempted. you on the other hand and many other members on here who happen to be trump supporters defend and or deflect every bone headed move trump makes.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

No, it's definitely the sentiment that he was expressing.

You mean the sentiment that he is accused of expressing. Even then, how do you believe he was expressing that sentiment?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join