It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oprah the Genocidal future 1st female US president

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

WTF any illuminata cards out there as well?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   
That was nothing but an elaborated Oprah hit piece. Disgusting. It's already started.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Ok, context is everything. But what context are we talking about here. The headline labels her as genocidal.
Yes or no. You then offer one and only one supposed example of her speaking in a manner that might be taken as espousing genocidal actions. I asked for more because, my context allows that likely, she, was talking about dying of old age, generations passing into history. I do not know that she is NOT calling for genocidal massacre of old people, but it does seem unlikely to me that this is so.

How much of her fan base are old people????? She is going to espouse genocide of older Americans?

You however seem to be working within a context that this is the most likely thing that she meant, that she would lead society into a killing spree on gramma and grammpa. Otherwise you would not have made such a statement, would you?
Would you? Just put that claim up there just for #s and giggles?

But the rest of your post says nothing about genocide. Nothing. All you go on about is her being a racist. While that part may or may not prove racism is far from reasonable.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Murka !

Booyah !

Entertainment rules !
Celebrities know " stuff " !

Never mind the experience in that field ... at that level.

I vote Captain America !!

edit on 16-1-2018 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Ok to be fair: Her statement came across to me as not advocating for the genocide of the older segment of the white population,but her view that as they die off,their racist attitudes will die off naturally too.
I don't like the woman,never have,even in the days,years ago when i still watched some TV,i never watched her.Always got a vibe from her that she is taking advantage of people/peoples'high opinion of her,but that is a personal anecdote,so take it as just that.

I Do recall her opening a school in South Africa for black girls,and then i noticed from a newspaper article,there was a sex scandal connected to the school.Some employee,a woman iirc,was accused of sexual misconduct with some pupils.Idk what happened with that.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

I even went so far as putting Snopes full word for word recitation and there analysis, to try and bring another side of looking at it. The only thing thats "started" is Oprah herself

Here she is again with her struggles shopping in NY of all places

"a sweater in the window, this was in Madison avenue"

@0:46

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Great title, I like it.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I reread your initial response that I replied to.
Fair enough. I stand by my remarks that she could ignite or feed into people already on knifes edge

from my OP - the Vox link
"The case against Oprah running"

www.vox.com...

As Vox’s Julia Belluz pointed out, she has a long history of enabling junk science.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

I Do recall her opening a school in South Africa for black girls,and then i noticed from a newspaper article,there was a sex scandal connected to the school

Pretty sad. As a founder and half a world away she would not be responsible in its day to day running - no blame can be laid on Oprah. She has done some good works

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Oprah Winfrey, the talk show host and billionaire, said that a child abuse scandal at the girls’ school she founded in South Africa was the worst experience of her life.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

It was a WTF moment and I thought I would word it on how I felt at a gut level, especially after her close ties to Weinstein. Others may call my title whatever.....

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
If someone can help with embedding 1st video - much appreciated

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Oprah an enabler of armchair TV psychology with some snake oil to boot

Back in 2003 theres this interview
@ 1:50 Oprah states "I haven't seen anyone better than Phil at human functioning assessment"

en.wikipedia.org...

Weight loss products
These products contain scientifically researched levels of ingredients that can help you change your behavior to take control of your weight." This met with swift criticism from various sources,[3] accusing McGraw (a clinical psychologist, and not a physician) of lacking the expertise to recommend weight loss products. Facing a Federal Trade Commission investigation into Shape Up's claims, McGraw pulled his supplements off the market in March 2004, and the FTC dropped its probe

The Making of Dr. Phil unauthorized biography (2003)

The Making of Dr. Phil is a biography by Sophia Dembling, a reporter from the Dallas Morning News, and Lisa Gutierrez, a reporter from The Kansas City Star.[5] The book probes McGraw's history, with interviews of his childhood friends and former classmates. The book reports that McGraw allegedly used unethical business practices in a gym business early in his career, that he was allegedly abusive to his first wife and to his staff,

Dr Phil never disputed the claims made in the biography.

Britney Spears "intervention" (2008) In January 2008, McGraw visited pop star Britney Spears in her hospital room.[53] The visit by McGraw drew criticism from the Spears family and from mental health professionals...

It was reported that a psychologist filed a complaint with the California Board of Psychology (BOP), alleging that McGraw had practiced psychology without a license and had violated doctor-patient privilege by discussing Spears' case with the media.[59]

And then the love affair with the snake oil salesman appears to have ended.

Jan. 22, 2008
www.today.com...

“Oprah is furious,” an insider told the magazine. “She expected Phil to apologize before the situation got out of hand. Instead he used the spotlight to tout his struggling talk show. … Oprah thinks he has completely lost his sense of right and wrong.”

A show source told the Enquirer that Oprah warned Phil before, and her angry reaction was “coming for a long time.” Seems the two talk titans clashed over several issues in the past. In 2005, Phil “threw a hissy fit” when Oprah’s close pal Maria Shriver failed to wrangle hubby Arnold Schwarzenegger to introduce him at an obesity conference. He also earned O’s ire after his “Shape Up!” diet products failed to deliver and later led to a $10.5 million settlement.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I hope America as a whole has learned its lesson about voting in TV personalities...

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: wlasp

Well they have had plenty of time since R Reagan was the 1st actor...haha

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   
May as well get Jerry Springer running next.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

life imitates art. we are literally turning in to Idiocracy.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:37 AM
link   

This is all part of the Trump Effect (I'm not blaming Trump before anyone jumps on me for it), Trump winning (or Hillary losing it) opened the floodgates for people to look at non-politicians as viable candidates. If Oprah isn't up to the job, how about Jerry Springer (can't you just see it now, he sits ready to give a presidential address and everyone in the audience pumping fists shouting "Jerry, Jerry. Jerry!" and Steve would be his VP) or how about Doctor Phil? Judge Judy? Ellen DeGeneres? Personally I want to see Howard Stern run the U.S.....

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   

This is all part of the Trump Effect (I'm not blaming Trump before anyone jumps on me for it), Trump winning (or Hillary losing it) opened the floodgates for people to look at non-politicians as viable candidates. If Oprah isn't up to the job, how about Jerry Springer (can't you just see it now, he sits ready to give a presidential address and everyone in the audience pumping fists shouting "Jerry, Jerry. Jerry!" and Steve would be his VP) or how about Doctor Phil? Judge Judy? Ellen DeGeneres? Personally I want to see Howard Stern run the U.S.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join