It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

weird animals?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
i heard this thing on saturday so i thought i would investigate. it was sunday and i had just moved a month ago from a busy street to a dead end so i hear alot now. it was about 3pm central in iowa so i decided to go out to investigate this shreiking sound. so i grabed my duelie BB hand guns lol ya i know pretty weak but i know deer are out there trying to protect my self some way.+ never know what made that noise. i was walking through the woods and i saw somthing move. so i was thinking it was a deer ( i knew they were dangerous) so i hid out of instinct. i knew a deer would be able to smell me so i was kind of hidding for fun. i was hidding behind this log and i peeked over. i say this animal that was the weirdest thing ive ever seen. it was like a alligator but it had fur was roughly 1 1/2 feet tall and its head was egg shaped. i was in awe for i have never had a crypto-zoological exp. these things also had beatey red eyes. i forgot about the bb guns i should took a shot but 1 more came up so i watched it for a while then it ran off at a good speed. any ideas??

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Were you dreaming?

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
library.thinkquest.org...

This is just a guess, but the description sounds like an armadillo -- common in my state of Georgia and throughout the South, but this would be the first I've heard of one that north.
Although ... are you in the part of Iowa near the Mississippi? That might explain their easy migration north.

From the above link:
"The armadillo is an armored mammal related to anteaters and sloths. The peba, or nine-banded armadillo, is found in South and Central America and in Texas, southern Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, and parts of Florida. The six-banded armadillo; the three-banded armadillo, or apar; and the giant armadillo are among the South American species."

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
well i think u could call me close i live in cedar rapids. and it didnt have a tail or the type of bands. i messed up in the 1st ost i mentioned fur it was more like a half inch coat of hair there wasn't enough in my point of veiw to call it fur.

PS: wasnt dreaming

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Hey, what's up. I'm new, and probably have no business in this, but I would have to say it might have been a hedgehog, but they don't have alligator like snouts, or red eyes for that matter.

I'll try and look it up 4u though, if it's any consolation.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
hey ty man dont worry i am new to. last night i headed out in the woods again but no signs except these weird tracks where i saw them. >:? im puzzled the next few times i go out in the woods ill be armed with the bb's and a camara. so ya ill try to also to get a recording of the screeching but i dont no how to get it into form but dont worry about it i will worry about it if i get it so there an update

top topics

join