It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 18

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

I recognise the skill, knowledge and musicianship of the old composers but I find most of it to be inaccessible or rather uninviting. Long meandering pieces, much flowery musical phrases but....distant and not meant for regular people. I may well be wrong but it seems so far removed from what we understand and value today as popular music, regardless of genre. I'd rather listen to a bagpipe. Or a duduk.

There are a few pieces I like, but not many. Moonlight Sonata (not the whole movement!), Claire de Lune, some Erik Satie...and I'm pretty much done. I like classical sounds but not the construction they used. To each his own I guess.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver
Yes... to each his own. ( without judging character)

We’ve all been a product of our own generations to some degree .. even with hairstyles 😆

edit on 22-2-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Ahahaha! Your laugh for the day!

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

First breadspreads and now monkey farts? What do you put in your sandwiches?
Statement analysis is a thing now. Please don't tell me you eat cute kitties too!

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
Yes... to each his own. ( without judging character)

We’ve all been a product of our own generations to some degree .. even with hairstyles 😆

I never judge hairstyles unless you have scary amounts of highly inflammable hair products sprayed in your hair so much that I am too scared to stand next to you smoking. As for generational music....? Not so much. I love a good Aria as much as the next man.

ETA I mean Bon Jovie and Motley Crue and all that and the lack of oxygen due to all the CFCs due to hairspray.
edit on 22/2/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

First breadspreads and now monkey farts? What do you put in your sandwiches?
Statement analysis is a thing now. Please don't tell me you eat cute kitties too!

Ahahaha! Just had a smoked turkey and cheese sandwich with grape tomatoes and pickles on the side. Statement analysis? oh Lord, you could have a field day with me. lol

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Hello Shed! Shep in da haus.

Night Star doesn't eat cute kitties. Neither do I....

.... I only eat the ugly ones.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

LOL!

Hiya Sir Shep! Busy at work?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Yes. Trying to work from home, actually, but my VPN keeps getting blown up. Tech problems annoy me. GRRRR

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
I want to know how a coffee troll got into the Shed in the first place?

I did it, I am guilty.

These fine folk are friends of mine whom I introduced many moons ago.
It must have been one of the little ones acting out.
Sorry I will have a talk with them.

edit on 22-2-2018 by WalkInSilence because: blipp

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Shep, I'm not technically inclined so...have fun with that. lol

Wister, thank you! Since it was just one of the little ones, we'll let it slide.
Hugs! Just in case you needed one.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

And then there was me who had forgotten to buy coffee today. (Yes. I only bought beer!)
Kinda stoopid because I drink coffee at least 3 times a day. Need the coffee. And 5 minutes alone each morning after waking. With coffee. Alone. Go away.

I could throw a brick through the super reinforced plate glass windows but I think alarms would go off and police would be there within 3 minutes. I've seen youtube clips of people do more damage for less profit (coffee, or cigarettes) but I think I can wait until tomorrow. No Darwin award for me this year...

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

That is one thing I make sure that I am ahead on. That reminds me...I will check my grocery list right now as I am going out tomorrow.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Hiya Gordi! I was happy when I saw Love Bug too! Hope you and the family are doing well! How is your weather?

weather is OK just now, but set to hit a cold spell in the next week or so.
I'm just back from doing a charity event for our local School, a quiz night and I was Quizmaster! LOL
"I am the law!" ROFL

Did OK, everyone had a great time and we raised a lot of money so.... Job done!

Now enjoying a well-deserved dram (Ardmore) before bed - Hell Yeah!

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

And then there was me who had forgotten to buy coffee today.

It was perhaps my friends(the trolls) from another realm that diverted your attention, so don't feel bad, they aren't as bad as the pixies to handle because they are terribly clumsy.
You can put a sign out that says "Cookies That Way" and what ever way it points they will follow for days, come back complaining some one stole the cookies.

Need the coffee. And 5 minutes alone each morning after waking. With coffee. Alone. Go away.

You have now officially reached sainthood in "The Book of WIS"
. 5, five minutes!!!! Five Minutes alone!!!!
I have for uncountable years (not because I can't remember) required at least two hours to transform into an creature that is acceptable to our current society.

I could throw a brick through the super reinforced plate glass windows

Not a good plan. When I was training, we had a brilliant "Nazi", she was amazing, but she had us work six, seven hours with out a break, so I practiced imagining coffee and a cigarette.
It worked, I could smell it, taste it, and feel the satisfaction.
The practice was worth it, but now I am too old to put up with not getting breaks.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

[[[WIS]]]
"whasssuuup?"

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Thank you. So simple kind and gentle and you know I will reply in my simple way.
Nothing I wish to share.
But a hug is all ways appropriate.
BTW. You faced the brackets the wrong way and what is it with you being "The Law". You shouldn't watch those old cowboy movies or The Highlander.
edit on 22-2-2018 by WalkInSilence because: Because I can

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
... what is it with you being "The Law". You shouldn't watch those old cowboy movies or The Highlander.

I am 6'3".
I am Scottish.
Questions?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
forgot to say...
my brackets face "in" because my embrace would... encompass... hands "in", surrounding, protecting, comforting.
Hands "out" is for jazz-hands show-boaters!

I shall hug how I like - If you don't like it.... TOUGH! LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join