It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 18

page: 63
<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Sheye

I have some handmade lace made by my Grandmother as well as embroidered linens that I treasure. Being a crafter, I know how much time, effort and love that goes into handmade items. My friends and family members have items I made for them, things they can remember me by.

Oh my.. did you make the lovely quilt yourself ? A treasured heirloom ? Now I am curious as to its origin. It sounds beautiful Night.

On another note your new avatars have all been beautiful as well.

Glad you enjoyed the avatar changes! Nooooo, I did not make the quilted bedspread, nor did anyone I know. I had purchased it from a catalog I believe many years ago and it is so beautiful! I do have a handmade quilted throw that was given to me as a gift that I treasure. Gawd, now I want to run off to e-bay and look for a new quilted bedspread. lol

Every time I go to write bedspread it comes out breadspread.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Guess whos ten year ATS anniversary it is today????

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 22-2-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Wow 10 years !

Some don't get that for life !!

Look forward to seeing your unique way of bringing good folk together and genuinely caring about each one, regardless of their previous lives before the shed, for the next 10. 😎

To Night Star !! 🥂🍾🥂

We salute you ...

( Insert acdc song here ... for those about to rock )
edit on 22-2-2018 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Guess whos ten year ATS anniversary it is today????

www.abovetopsecret.com...

My words of joy have been transmitted to the announcement thread of this blessed event. Cheers Night

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Thank you so much! Great tune Dave! Here it is...

Oh and cheers!

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Cheers my friend! To many more fun filled years!

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: BugWhisperer

[[[[[[Gail!]]]]]]

That is all! LOL
Gx

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Hiya Gordi! I was happy when I saw Love Bug too! Hope you and the family are doing well! How is your weather?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

👍🏼

We used to play air guitar with tennis rackets as young teenagers to this band. 😆The following was a fav of mine and I still enjoy its upbeat tempo and meaningful lyrics.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Hello Light and Sheye!

Thank you for the music! I'm still trying to wake up and the music helps.

How are you both today?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Hello Light and Sheye!

Thank you for the music! I'm still trying to wake up and the music helps.

How are you both today?

Hi Night..I’m doing ok despite still being a bit feverish from the flu.

* pours Night another cup of coffee and cranks the tunes *

How are you today Night ?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Hehe, good memories and the advantage of a tennis racquet is you can never play the wrong note accidentally!

My first musical memory is Dad playing some Elvis songs. It's 1975 or so, I'm five years old and all of a sudden my body starts trying to move in time with the music. I can't control myself, it was weird. I thinky they thought it was funny.

Coupla years later I am somehow in control of the record player. Alone. I'd watched him enough to apparently know how it worked. Put the flat black disc on the turntable, press a button and the record would play. Dave Clark Five was one of my favourite singles he had.

The third musical memory I have is my brother shows me how to play indoor Frisbee with Dad's record collection. I was young, unthinking and probably very high on sugar. I liked sugar back then. Let's just say that I got carried away and destroyed half his prized record collection as a conservative ball-park figure. I think Dad came home to lots of broken vinyl and he was "Not Pleased". My brother blamed me. I told him my brother was the one who said it was okay to do it. I don't remember a spanking but he was not happy lol.

Many years later I had access to Dads music collection again (probably rebuilt LOL!) and saw records there that made me question his character. I'm talking early days Moody Blues hippy-trippy stuff. (In Search of The Lost Chord, among others) plus Queen, Doctor Hook, Jesus Christ Superstar and a few other gems. Dad, really? What did you do in the sixties? LOL I don't think he did anything in the sixties except work and get married and father a child but....you never know!

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Hi Night, doing well thanks. Hope you wake up soon. If not I have some industrial techno if you need it

I don't know what they call a female magician but the track seemed appropriate considering your anniversary.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I should be pouring you a coffee or tea or something! Hope you start to feel better soon. I know how these things can linger and be miserable. I'm good today thanks!

Makes Sheye some chicken soup and covers her with a warm blanket.

edit on 22-2-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Many years later I had access to Dads music collection again (probably rebuilt LOL!) and saw records there that made me question his character. I'm talking early days Moody Blues hippy-trippy stuff. (In Search of The Lost Chord, among others) plus Queen, Doctor Hook, Jesus Christ Superstar and a few other gems. Dad, really? What did you do in the sixties? LOL I don't think he did anything in the sixties except work and get married and father a child but....you never know!

My dad listened to Wilf Carter and other country artists. He felt the same way about classic rock as I feel about very heavy metal or techno music. It was displeasing noise 😆.

The best and purest music in my opinion is the classical stuff written in previous centuries. Now those were composers.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

How sweet (( hug ))

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

LOL! Loved the story about your Dad and when you were a kid.
My whole family was into music. I was always surrounded by musicians and singers growing up and into my adult years. Still have musicians as friends now.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

How sweet (( hug ))

((Hug!))

top topics

<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join