It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 18

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Left-overs? Colour me pink and unimpressed!

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

But...but, it's a pork roast.

How are you today Light?

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

It was only in jest my dear. I'm sure it tastes great!

As for me, I'll leave that aside for now. Tomorrow is a new day and hopefully it will be better than the last few days.
And if not, well, so be it. Into the fray we go.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I know it was in jest Hun.

Anything you want to share with us you know you can at any time or even in PM's if you prefer or you can keep things to yourself of course. Looks like many of us are going through one thing or another. You could always write a story in here and escape reality and the mundane for a while. Take us on an adventure. I miss all the stories in here.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Speaking of Errollore/Tom, I found this little piece of his.

I hope he sees this and gives a grand hug to our wonderful BugWhisperer

I miss the "Old Buggers" guess I am turning in to one me self.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

Left-overs? Colour me pink and unimpressed!

You mean like this?

I am impressed though and would have love to share leftovers with my chicken soup I cooked today and crepes for desert, my own homemade.
I cook two meals a week that turn into all sorts of wonderfulness.
Yes it is technically "leftovers" but some things just get better with age, red wine and love, to mention two.
How are you Sir Light.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Oh, one of my favorite avatars of Tom's and you posted one of his songs, how wonderful! And the cute little kitten and duckling for Love Bug! Awwww!

LOL! The pink onesie on the donkey!

Chicken soup and crepes sound wonderful! Be right over! Start pourring the wine.

Forgot to say hello Wister oh Wise Woman of the Shed!

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Goodnight my Lovelies. Goodnight Shed.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

The onesie looks impressive. I mean, how do you even put that on a donkey. They can be quite docile but even still, it would seem like a major operation to me.

I remember you saying you had a demanding job (something in retail?) (12 hour shifts?) that gets you insulted on an (almost?) daily basis. It sounds like quite a punishing schedule so I guess you have to plan the meals in advance to make it easier and quicker.

How is the weather doing at your location? It's still freezing slightly at night here but during the day we hit a single digit lately (all temps in Celsius/Centigrade)

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Yes, she has a demanding job. And i have been thinking about tips but i have nothing. Really, i am not happy about my shed friend getting crap said at her at work. Or anywhere.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

I used to read a blog (that has since stopped due to the writer finding another job) that was called Over The Counter. It was written by a person that worked at Walmart and the blog recounted his/her daily doings with customers. Rude customers, weird customers, weird weird weird. But written with humour and patience.

I used to work in retail (many years ago) but it wasn't nearly as bad (small scale village shop) as Over The Counter LOL.

Depending on location, jobs can be limited. I've done factory, production, warehouse and service industry (IT) work here in NL. Work can suck majorly sometimes but you often don't have a choice in what you can "get". If you can survive on a welfare check is a doubtful thing in many locations due to housing (rent) prices. My last house cost 900 a month. Just for the house. Add all utility bills (water, council tax, gas, light, etc) and you're looking at 1400 a month before you have eaten a meal. Two-earner terrain basically. I was single and unemployed eventually. The welfare check did not cover the bills... This is why I now live in temporary accommodation with no rights and few facilities.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Hello Fin and Light!

Light, I've worked in factories most of my life and though some people were wonderful and a lot of fun to be around, there were always some who would drive you up the wall. I hate to see Wis going through all this crap!

Back when I fist became disabled, jobs were scarce as hell. There was a time when you could quit one job and find another one easily within the same day. I hope your situation improves as I know how difficult it has been for you where you are.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

A different question now. How are you doing? Do you get that Disulfiram on prescription or over the counter?

My Dad was in the military back in the day. Medical Corps. The staff (military medical personnel) had to report for duty and stand on parade each morning. The commanding officer did a parade inspection every day. My Dad reports for duty, all bushy-tailed and bright-eyed at 7:30 am. His commanding officer noticed that he wasn't "stable" on his feet. He was an obvious alcoholic at this point.

"Smith. In my office, 5 minutes"

His commanding officer was I believe either a Major or a Colonel but also, by chance, a fully qualified Doctor. She presented Dad with a choice. Take the substance you mention or lose his job. Dad chose the substance. He told me that even one mouthful of beer swallowed would make him sick and throw up (er....the food you have in your stomach comes back out of your mouth) almost immediately. It did cure him though although he also volunteered for electroshock therapy in more or less the same period which destroyed his memory.

I think the cause was partially an unhappy marriage (sorry kids, nothing personal!) and a bunch of other crap. Life ain't always what we hope it will be.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

A different question now. How are you doing? Do you get that Disulfiram on prescription or over the counter?

I am otherwise fine but very, very tired. Due to disulfiram. The fatigue will go away in 2-3 weeks, i can take it, i have been through it before. Prescription is needed but it is practically just saying to the doc that "i have problems with alcohol and i would like to try disulfiram" and there it is.

When i got back home from the army, i worked as a security guard for a while. I used psychology to avoid physical conflict and that was too demanding. The work followed me back home. Then some years at construction sites but that was physically too demanding in the end. That was many, many years ago.

My dad drinks (to the best of my knowledge), his dad drank, and his granddad drank. I am trying to break this cycle.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I came to the Netherlands 25 years ago with the complete opposite situation from my native UK. Jobs were a dime a dozen and you didn't need to speak Dutch do to the job. The Dutch guy would explain to you in English what you had to do, simple stuff.

"You put this piece of thing in this place, press the button, take out the thing and put it into this box. Repeat."

Then again, I ain't 20 something anymore. Ah well....
edit on 13/2/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Hi Fin! At least the fatigue will fade in time. You're doing great Hun! Keep pushing forward, we're right beside you! Keep drinking the pixie drinks and you'll be just fine.

Pesky says she will make your drinks for you.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

My jobs were mostly fast paced and did a number on my body! Gah! I did enjoy my last place of employment because the bosses and supervisors treated us with much respect and would do everything they could to make our jobs easier and respected our opinions. I wasn't used to that so it was a breath of fresh air for me.

Most people there were great, but of course there are always those few who would cause problems. I was the peace keeper in many instances between others feuding. There was such a heated discussion between two people once and I thought man, someone is going to throw a punch. I stepped in between the two of them and fully trusted that neither of them would hurt me in any way and luckily I was right. Whew!

edit on 13-2-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

There's always a simple rule to prevent a fight but you gotta be quick. I did it 5 times in the last 4 years. (Temporary accommodation Friday/Saturday night drunken macho bull#) Timing is everything and it stops a lotta crap. You gotta get between em before the first punch is thrown...

"Lads....lads....cool down" Step between the two assailants with outstretched arms. Most people calm down.

You run the risk of being the person that receives the first punch but the rewards are worth it but if you got the timing right, you will calm everyone.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

It wasn't lads in that one particular case, it was a lad and lass. I thought she was going to throw a punch and risk losing her job. They tried to avoid each other as much as possible but did have to work together so you would have those instances where things would flare up. These days I couldn't risk a dust bunny hitting me. LOL

Glad you never got hurt Light. Drunken brawls are the worst as you can't always reason with them and anything could happen.

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join