It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 18

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

So proud of you Sunshine! Keep up the good work! Did you get your hug today?

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   
OK, the HUG POLICE just asked me to pop in and check on the number of hugs going on in here.... and It's definitely not enough!

So, BigHugs to all of the shedfolks, and an extra squishy one for Jacy too!

Gx

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer
OK, the HUG POLICE just asked me to pop in and check on the number of hugs going on in here.... and It's definitely not enough!

So, BigHugs to all of the shedfolks, and an extra squishy one for Jacy too!

Gx

Lots of Sheddites going to be hug happy to see this post. You’ve been missed.😉
Happy to see you’re still alive and well.
Great Scottish hug to you Sir Gordie of the Shedlands ! 🍻

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Well, seeing you show up sure put a smile on my face! HUGS! Missed you so much my friend!

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Want to see something interesting?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Geeez ... we forgot the lurkers ... ]]]hugs[[[ to all who may on occasion lurk , and perhaps may need a hug just because. Life can be a trying test at times... 😕

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

originally posted by: Finspiracy
Good looking oranges were 1 euro / kilo so i bought three and ate them during this day to get me some vitamin C.

You ate 3 kilo's of oranges?
That is approximately 21 oranges. Now, did you know that that rind is the most nutritious part? Devour the rind.
Congrats to you Sir Fin for your heroic path to abstinence.

I knew someone would interpret my amount of oranges wrong, on purpose! Actually i think i would have been a little disappointed otherwise. Your words are very kind and eloquent but there is nothing heroic about my path. 2 decades ago i made a wrong turn, towards the world of quick relief, without patience to work things out. And now i am just attempting to correct my error 2 decades later. If this was heroic, then those who never had a substance abuse problem (which is of course majority of the population) would be heroic by default.

With that being said, i greatly appreciate your support

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Hey, my friend sent me a good set of rules. I thought i'd share:

7 rules

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Thanks Sheye,
Yeah, I'm fine.
Just... "things" in RL get in the way sometimes, so I'm not online much at the moment.

I do still "keek" (Scottish word for "peek") in the shed windows when I'm on, but don't post much.

My business has been just about dead, and the money that we had saved in the bank wasn't earning us much in the way of interest, so we decided to buy another little flat to rent out.
We've now found one and our offer has been accepted, so we're just waiting for the paperwork to go through. It'll still not be enough money coming in, but it will help a bit.
I've also swapped "Tiddles" (my old Morros Minor car) for a Mazda Bongo people carrier which I'm going to tidy up and maybe sell? I can upload a photo if anyone's interested in seeing it.

The boys are doing well. They're both happy, healthy and BUSY! Their School reports are amazing too.
Chrissie has started supplementing her Forest Schools by helping her friend out with her "Dog-Walking" business.
It seems CRAZY to me, but apparently people will get a dog and then PAY someone else to walk it???
They are even happy to pay MORE for an hours dog-walk than they are willing to pay for us looking after and educating their children for 3 hours in the woods (at forest School)... go figure??

The weather has been horrible here, but it's not so bad today so maybe things are improving a wee bit.

G

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Well, seeing you show up sure put a smile on my face! HUGS! Missed you so much my friend!

Thanks hunny,
Maybe you need to adjust the sights on your rifle scope?

Gx

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Sounds like you have been busy and productive. Hoping you get that little flat to rent out and hopefully your sign business will improve in sales.

Wishing you nothing but the best in all aspects of life to you and all those dear to your heart. Thank you for the update about your life. 😊

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

7 rules

Great rules Finn .. and I need to remind myself of them more often. Life is too short to worry about petty things...

Have a great day , our Finnish friend!

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

yay it's Sir Gordi Of The Shedlands again!

So you are saying toodles to Tiddles?

What about your music Gordi? Are you still playing out? Did you get paid well where you played? I'm glad you have a place to rent out that will help. You also do your wood carving and being away on your trips, there must be shops out there who would pay well if you put your things on consignment. Those items don't sell cheap around here in the touristy areas! I'm serious, look into the little shops and ask if they sell items on consignment and go for it! I used to sell crafts many years ago in a shop and it was rewarding to see my items made with love on display and having people love them enough to purchase them.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

7 rules

Thank you for sharing the 7 rules with us Fin! Hope to see you pop in later. Maybe with a good tune for me? Hint, hint!

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

The boys are doing well. They're both happy, healthy and BUSY! Their School reports are amazing too.
Chrissie has started supplementing her Forest Schools by helping her friend out with her "Dog-Walking" business.
It seems CRAZY to me, but apparently people will get a dog and then PAY someone else to walk it???

Happy to hear our boys are doing so well! You and Chrissy must be proud as peacocks!

Oh yes, dog walking has always been a thing. There are folks who are away all day or maybe away on a trip or perhaps disabled or just lazy, so they are happy to pay someone to walk their kids...I mean dogs. I wish I could afford to pay someone to take my damned trash out and carry my groceries up 3 flights of steps. LOL

Thanks hunny,
Maybe you need to adjust the sights on your rifle scope?

LOL! Hey, I had the dragons out and even made little story entries with Hugo and Wolf out looking for folks. Ooops, I was supposed to make one with Storm my dragon.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

It's nice to see that you have made your way back to the Shed. Warm your toes while you are here.

Cheers.

Fashion update for those that want to know what I am wearing today. I'm following dad's style today by wearing red and black casual pants and a camo green t-shirt with a large orange skull on it. I'm not going anywhere today so I might as well be comfortable.
edit on 2 4 2018 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

What about your music Gordi? Are you still playing out? Did you get paid well where you played?

I've not gigged for a while, I sacked the other band member last summer and took a wee while to find a replacement.
I do have a replacement now and we're just about ready to gig and have started putting the feelers out.
Unfortunately BOTH of my most regular gigging pubs have stopped doing live music so we're effectively starting from scratch again. 1st new gig (in a different venue) is booked for March 24th but hoping to add more before then too, so we shall see!
It doesn't pay much, but better than nothing!

I'm glad you have a place to rent out that will help. You also do your wood carving and being away on your trips, there must be shops out there who would pay well if you put your things on consignment. Those items don't sell cheap around here in the touristy areas! I'm serious, look into the little shops and ask if they sell items on consignment and go for it! I used to sell crafts many years ago in a shop and it was rewarding to see my items made with love on display and having people love them enough to purchase them.

I've only just started wood carving and my stuff isn't at the level that would sell very easily, but who knows... maybe in the future?

Gx
edit on 4-2-2018 by Gordi The Drummer because: clarity

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Thanks Luke,
Toes are now toasty.
Drink in hand.
Now, bring on the dancing Pixies!

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Wow, what a lovely new avatar you have there Sir Blue!

Your outfit of the day sounds smashing! You just might start a trend. I'm just hanging out around the house myself with a simple nighty and black kimono robe.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Gordi, I have seen your pieces and they are up to par. Let the shop keeper see a few pieces. The shop takes a percentage of the sales, but then again, they get a lot of traffic where your items will be seen.

Glad to hear you have another band put together and are ready to continue being creative and having fun in that venue. I hate to see talent go to waste. You have to stay out there doing your thing!

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join