It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 18

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Hey Pheonix, apart from being very realistic, how is your boy doing?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Very very well.

Had his pic and a story in the local paper ... played cricket a month or so after the operation.

He is doing just fine! Has 5 weeks of his studies left, he was due to do the five weeks last year ... but had problems and came close to leaving us. Scared me half to death.

But that is behind him now.

Thanks for the question.

P

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I do much the same in summer and winter.

I keep two nice looking blankets covering two doorways, keeping only two rooms to be air-conditioned.

Cuts down those bills!

P

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Love you my Shed Sister! If you and the fur babies are fed and warm and safe, that's what matters more than more space. Think how lovely it will be when the weather warms up and things normalize. You will be able to open the rest of the house then.

You are not selfish for sharing your life with us and letting us in! I am honored that you do open up because at one time...it was like pulling teeth! LOL I always feel better getting things out once in a while rather than let things eat away at me. It does help. So keep being you Sweetie! We wouldn't want you any other way!

HUGS!

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I was relieved after he had his operation. God, I can't imagine how horrible that must have been for you both. I am very happy to hear he is still doing so well.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   

So sorry to hear of your stress Wis ☹️... I can imagine it would be difficult hearing of your hours cut back. Damn ... I don’t know what to say to make it better. I can only offer you a hug and hope. Wish I could hire you myself at great wages but , but.. we probably all wish that.

Hang in there WIS... wishing you a better job !

edit on 2-2-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

At the risk of sounding like an old granny, have you considered using one of these to augment your body heat?

Most of the houses I lived in when younger did not have that new-fangled central heating. One room was heated, the living room, and the rest were not. A cold bed can be a daunting thing but a hot water bottle can also be used as a lap/back/foot warmer too and they keep the heat coming for quite a while.

Just an idea.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Good Day Everyone! I'll be leaving in a while for the day.

My apartment is hard to heat because of the layout. It isn't a big place, but gets cold in some of the rooms. We can't close them off because one is a bathroom. We are comfortable enough though. We are in a very old house with no central heat. We even have an antique claw footed tub, which I happen to love though.

Shout out to Jacy! I know things are really hard for you right now, but you have our love in abundance!

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Lovely old song Sheye with an inspiring message. Thank you!

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

If only we could all meet up together at PIxie's to overdose on the cheese fries sprinkled with pixie dust.

We are all tired of dealing with the idiots of this world but while we are here all we can do it make the best of it for ourselves. There is no shame in receiving government assistance. It's all the paperwork that comes with it that is the pain.

edit on 2 2 2018 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Cheese on fries? Really? I won't be attending!

/me stamps foot and has hissy fit in the corner.

Ah well, it was time for my janitorial activity anyway....

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I apologise for my outburst. Some things I cannot take. Cheese and chips are one of those things. English chips suck if you buy them at a fish and chip shop. If I'd wanted a fat, cold, greasy and under-cooked piece of potato that wouldn't have made it through the first round of one of those TV cooking shows? No thanks.

Then someone adds cheese. Alarm bells are ringing. I will ignore them.
edit on 2/2/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

But...

Cheese goes good on anything.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

The side of a hill too...

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

The side of a hill too...

That looks dangerous 😳.... but since cheese is involved, alls fair in cheesy games. 😆

Thanks for posting the vid.. I never know about these obscure games otherwise.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

It's a silly competition they hold in England each year. Chase a cheddar down the hill. It often results in pain for participants and I don't think anyone ever gets the cheese either.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Cheese on fries? Really? I won't be attending!

Why? There would be other things to eat on the menu. You could still come and just enjoy the company.

There is a medal in it for you

P

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   

You planning on rising from bbq ashes ?

😆

* Nods to "Whacky Racers" !

Had a man crush on Tom Slick !
Who did not have the cartoon hots for " Penelope Pitstop" ! 😉

edit on 3-2-2018 by Timely because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join