It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 18

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

originally posted by: Sheye

it’s always nice to see you post in the Shed.

Thank you, sniffles.

I for one am all ears ( or should I say eyes) to read your “ reason for being crabby post” Don’t be hard on yourself because of it. Sometimes writing about it can make us take a step back and laugh instead.

Thank you again. For listening.
I should take a positive approach to this, but I can't at least not at the moment. Writing about it won't help other then give me relief.
When I came in Tuesday I found out the idiots I work for cut my hours by fifteen. I could barely make it with what I had. They didn't warn me or any of the others who were cut.
I have refused to recieve goverment subsedies but now I must. And I hate it.
That insidious statement that "If you have a dream and work hard enough" is an illusion.
I am tired. Plain tired.
I don't want to listen to one more superficial, emotionally deprived person in RL who tries to unload on me while I am standing behind the counter, completly defenseless. i don't want to see one more nasty demanding face who can't be polite.
I take a bow. Thank You

☹️ That’s awful WIS .. and good reason to be crabby. I’d be livid , and probably say or do something that would make it worse for me.

Honestly hun, sounds like a different company could use your good qualities and assets better than this dismal sounding job. This may just be that push through the open window into an entirely different dynamic at your work place.
Wishing you the best in work and in life WIS. Praying for a better future in the work aspect.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
a reply to: kaelci
Thank You for that beautiful picture, it touched me.

Clay. I used to make figurines in clay. It is very long and intricate process. It could take weeks for me to complete a project before it went to the kiln.
We don't have clay here, a sad loss. Are we talking about the same thing

Give that sweet heart of yours a hug from the WISter.

I hoped you'd like the picture
I thought of you when I saw it and had to upload it.

The "clay" I've acquired is just polymer. I haven't used proper clay that requires a kiln since art class a couple of decades ago. But the polymer can be cooked in the kitchen oven and hopefully will work nicely. I have about 200 tealight candles in the cupboard sitting there gathering dust, so I may create some intricate holders. Simple mosaic wall art. Little bowls. Maybe some little lovebirds in tribute to little Squeak. I see these in my mind but I know the process will be long and will likely not turn out as I envision. Hopefully someone out there may like the eventual completed projects... I can only hope, or otherwise simply have some home-made decor here and there... my house is sadly lacking in beautification.

I remember when I was a kid (I don't have many memories from back then, so, it stands out to me) I saw someone making the most lovely, smooth, embellished soap sculptures. Excited at the idea, I dove straight into the bathroom and gathered every unopened bar and a knife and tried to make my own soap cat figurines. The finished products are about what you'd expect from an 8 year old. *giggle*

Hopefully these upcoming creations fare better.

I'd just like to give you all the *hugs*.
I'm sorry that your employers are jerks, and those you deal with on a daily basis. As someone who has a history in retail and customer service... I understand only too well how horrible the average customer can be. I hope that everything gets better for you.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

I have refused to recieve goverment subsedies but now I must. And I hate it.

You have paid into the system and can't possibly live on what you are making with all the hours they cut. The subsidies are there for people who need it and you do. It's not your fault your hours were cut!

Many years ago, Mark and I asked for help with medical bills, but because we didn't have children and we made like a couple of bucks over the poverty limit, we fell through the cracks and got nothing. We ended up with thousands of dollars for bills for a hospital stay and Doctors follow up visits when Mark landed in the hospital and was first diagnosed with diabetes etc. We didn't have medical coverage back then because we couldn't afford it then... WHAM!

Back then we couldn't afford to be sick and if we were so sick we couldn't get out of bed and dressed, then we'd stay home, but we had to work even more overtime than we already were. It was a nightmare!

So...do not feel bad. Many people fall on hard times through no fault of their own. HUGS!

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

Hello Kaelci Darlin'! I never worked in retail myself, but whenever I am out and about with a friend or my Sister, we are all very pleasant with smiles and small talk for whoever is cashing us out in a store or waiting on us in a restaurant. There is no reason for people to treat other people badly.

I see our ladies are crafty in here. I have loved crafts for like forever and have made so many fun and beautiful things through the years. I used to sell some of my items in a quality craft shop many years ago.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Hi!

So i came up with an idea to try to quit smoking cigarettes. It has been 24 hours since i smoked one.

In the past, i have managed to do it for a few months, a few times. With nicotine chewing gum. But the thing back then was that the chewing gum was way more expensive than cigarettes, and as i always have from little to no money, i ended up smoking at some point again.

Now there are cheaper brands available and i can afford it just as easily as a pouch of tobacco, rolling papers and filters. So why not give it a shot, i thought.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

LOVE that song!!!!!!

Wow Fin, you are really on a roll in quitting your bad habits. Much luck to you my friend! Very proud of you!!!!

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Just found this recently on facebook and it made me laugh so I will share it with you all.

Reminds me of my kitty Kya.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

LOVE that song!!!!!!

Wow Fin, you are really on a roll in quitting your bad habits. Much luck to you my friend! Very proud of you!!!!

Thanks, and if you are proud of me because of this, you should be proud of yourself too. Because you, like all shed people, have helped me to gain motivation and power to rise and see some sunlight after being in a very dark place for too long.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 12:32 AM
link   

You have no idea how much that means to me Fin!

I couldn't be happier that this magical place and its' amazing people have helped you! Hugs!

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: Night Star

Florida. Spanish for "land of flowers". I learn something new every day. I like flowers. Some flowers more than others but nothing beats a Rose. IMHO. Low maintenance too. The Dutch went crazy over the Tulip back in 16/1700 somethings. Tulips don't smell nice, were prone to disease and seemed like a good idea to base an economy on. So the story goes. A silly stalk with no nice smell.

And they say drugs are bad! ROFL

Well I learned something new today too because I never knew it meant that!

I love flowers too, but tulips are not my thing either.

I think lilacs, roses, carnations, honey suckle, jasmine and some herbs smell heavenly!
edit on 1-2-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Did someone say something about flowers?
Okay, here's some for you then. Keep in mind that I only do this for Shedlings.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Awwww, love it!!!! Hello Sir Blue Of The Shedlands! Hope your day is going well!

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
It is a new day in Acasia. What kind of adventures can we have today?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Hi Night, I like (reading) them all, but prefer ones that are relatively peaceful.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The adventures of a stranger on earth 😏

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

The mysterious bunny pushed open the shed door making a loud and slow creaking sound. All the sheddizens looked in the direction of the sound and bunny as one. It was sporting a fresh blue mohawk.... Without glancing left or right the bunny closed the door and hopped towards the bar. After 3 attempts at jumping on top of a bar-stool it took a slow deep breath and jumped the last hop on to the bar and walked towards the barman. "A packet of peanuts please." said the bunny. The barman fetches a bag of peanuts and opens it for the bunny.

"Oi mate! Why are you serving a funny-coloured talking bunny peanuts in a bar?" someone shouted from the darkness.

"Because the elephants don't fit Sir, the ceiling is too low." the bartender replied.

Friendly enough?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

I'm sure you've heard this one before, but it's worth reading again.

Light, loved your little story! LOL

Hello Sheye! I'm on the phone, but will listen to your vid later.

Everyone doing ok today?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Well ... on the surface it seems to be one of those memes aimed at the Dreamers.

But ....

Firstly, she has to throw them like a shuriken thrown by a Ninja! Poor starfish, spinning through the air ... getting dizzy ... then ... splat ... right into the water at a hell of a speed. Not nice.

Then ... she is doing the right thing by throwing them all back where they came from!!!

Lastly, she is taking a big risk ... some of them there starfish are deadly poisonous.

Just food for thought.

P

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

OMG, Bahahaha!

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Brrr it is a wee bit chilly here

Celsius -27 wind chill
Stupid Imperial Fahrenheit -17 wind chill.
I have closed off half of the house this year. It is not like I closed of half a castle. The "house" is, measuring as a fisher man, perhaps 35 by 25 meters. No castle, but it is my "casa".
This year I heat up the part of the house that many, many years ago was a chicken coop. It still bears resemblance of it. Hobbit like rounded ceiling height, tiny. One room that also serves as bed room, on the floor, with a roll up mattress, half way under the dining table. A miniscule kitchen that pleasantly reminds me of my first ship. There is a ladies room of course.
All of us conglomerate here. Giant Gigi, little Sam, Angel and Ghandi.
Angel, the now eldest of the cats refuses to leave the table for any thing other than "personal business".
Sorry for being selfish just rambling about myself, I am stressed.
edit on 1-2-2018 by WalkInSilence because: Because I can

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join