It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 18

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 04:52 PM
Hello Light!

Hello Dave!

Hello Lurkers!

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 05:21 PM

Just focus on the mouse, focus on the mouse, focus on the mouse. Makes you dizzy aye?
Hello Night, what's up?
Hey Kaelci and Dave miniature person and bird escape artist. It is so nice to hear from you. Now we will all put our hearts together in an effort to keep his Highness with you.
Fin my boy good job. Keep it going.

I think I saw a new person in here too, must go on a search.

Before I inquire to every ones health, I will just point out I am crabby, disillusioned and not at all friendly towards the world right now.
But, I come here because it grants me a safe haven.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 05:27 PM
a reply to: Timely
*waves* Thanks, fingers crossed!
Hoping to get some just as it turns red! Hopefully in focus, and not a blurred mess like the last attempted photos I took. (I managed to get ONE good one that time, whew.)

We've had a string of 34-to-36 with high humidity, seems some rain will be on the way soon though which will be very welcome. Verryyyy welcome. Today's supposed to be 37, eurgh. But! With an alleged drop to 22 tomorrow with supposed storms. *big cheerful grin*

a reply to: Night Star
I haven't been able to do much writing

But! I am in the final stages, thankfully. I only have a few unwritten chapters left. I've practically finished the main character's side of things. All that's left is three chapters from a side-character, and three from the antagonist. And then the four end chapters. When it all goes down, in the midst of what's going down, the end of what's going down, and the sad ending. Which I don't really want to write. I cry just thinking about it.

(Dave's responding to the other question)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 05:33 PM

hello elfie!!

legally I think I can return after 3 days out. however the real number will be predicated by how long it will take to make 1100.00. for another set of plane tickets. i gave up my apartment, car, even phone service. so realistically I need about 2 weeks worth of work to buy a new pair of tickets. so about a month and a half turn around time once I make the cash. I'll be living with parents during that time if a option I'm looking at work wise on a landscape job with a friend doesn't come through. but saving a thousand bucks when you have no overhead isn't too bad. i hope to be back with kaelci by early may. i still have all of February here so I'm not leaving immediatly.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:19 PM
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Sorry you were crabby today Wister! I was lazy all day and didn't do a damned thing except change the lightbulb in the kitchen tonight. I'll be going out with my Sister tomorrow. She will be leaving for her yearly stay in Florida on Friday.
Hope you have a better day tomorrow! Hugs!

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:22 PM
a reply to: kaelci

Don't worry, you will get your work done before too long. If the ending you are planning makes you cry, you know it's really well written! Well, I know it will be anyway.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:26 PM
a reply to: BASSPLYR

I'm sure you are making the most of every moment possible Dave! You may have to leave for a bit, but you will return back to Kaelci, Zug and Squeaky before you know it. guys will write your own faery tale and make dreams come true.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:39 AM
No posts to read today? That concerns me. The pixies have been cooking and setting the tables with fresh flowers all Morning. They are rather sad that no one is here and so am I.

I hope everyone is ok. Love you all so much!

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 10:12 AM

I'm feeling confused. Why is Mr. Player going back to the US? I thought it was a permanent thing. I know Australia doesn't like letting people in though, so there is that I guess. I looked at Australian immigration 20 years ago. Unless you have a skill they need, you can't emigrate there. When I say skill, high-level university educated PhD's, a Masters degree and preferably plenty of experience in the field.

It's probably for the best (talking about me). I saw a new beastie they discovered. A red-devil scary fish, with hands. I kid you not.

The fish with real fingers? Scientists discover a new population of the rare red walking handfish in Australia

I like looking at the sea but I hate being in it. Sometimes I can feel things with my feet that I cannot see. They scare me.

edit on 31/1/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo n stuff

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 10:55 AM
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

LOL! Hello Sir Light of the Shedlands!

Wow that fish is interesting looking! It says they are tiny. Kind of cute in a weird way. Ha!

I love the ocean, but won't take a long cruise or go out too far on a ship. Hell, the only ship I was on and it's only because we got free tickets was a dinner cruise. That was many years ago. I love floating around in the water!

Leaving soon to go out with my Sister. She leaves Friday for Florida.

Have a great day! I hope I have something to read or some vids or something when I get back.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 11:34 AM

Florida. Spanish for "land of flowers". I learn something new every day. I like flowers. Some flowers more than others but nothing beats a Rose. IMHO. Low maintenance too. The Dutch went crazy over the Tulip back in 16/1700 somethings. Tulips don't smell nice, were prone to disease and seemed like a good idea to base an economy on. So the story goes. A silly stalk with no nice smell.

And they say drugs are bad! ROFL

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:26 PM

Nothing much going on with my part of the world right now so the above picture sums it up for me. At least for now. lol

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:52 PM
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Australia is the hardest country in the world to immigrate too, apparently. I hear that all the time. In saying that, I see immigrants here all the time. A bucketload of phillipinos, and chinese. And indians too. A couple of canadians officially immigrated to here, to my town, last year (apparently that was interesting enough to be local news *giggle*). We have a deal with New Zealand so we have heaps of kiwis here too. There are three nigerians in my town. So it can't be thaattttt difficult.

The easiest way to do things, for us, is - apply for a marriage visa, wait for it to get approved, get married, and apply for a permanent partner visa which states that we are married, he's staying, and is thus now allowed to search for work here and eventually become a citizen. Sadly that marriage visa is a touch expensive and unobtainable as yet. But it also lowers the price of the partner visa, so that's nice.

Apparently if we live together for 12 months in a de facto relationship, he can also just apply for the permanent partner visa at that stage also. But I'm unsure if that's 12 months nonstop, or if a combination of his 3-month visits is allowed.

A lot of unknowns, and mixed information from a thousand odd anecdotes on various immigration forums, hence the visit to the immigration lawyer in a couple of weeks. Who can put things straight for us and tell us what we should do.

On another note!
I tried to get photos of the blood moon last night... alas... ALAS... we got about 35mm rain and such heavy cloud cover I couldn't even take photos of the lightning jags.
(Now that would've been a fantastic photo. Lightning AND the moon.)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 07:12 PM

It sounds as if you both have a lot of financial and bureaucratic hoops to jump through, to say nothing of the costs of all those forms, all that ink and a lawyer. Holland was easy but I guess that was more geographical luck than anything. If I had come from outside of Europe the story might have been very different. After registering and getting a work permit (a simple stamp in my passport) I could work anywhere that wanted an unskilled non Dutch speaking employee.

Speaking of the moon, I saw it last night through thin wispy clouds. Most of Europe doesn't/didn't get to see the eclipse either. Can't win em all. There's always next time.

I always get the impression I'm a little more jittery than usual when it's a blood blue super full moon. I heard my neighbour gently rattling his chains when he came home, maybe that's just my confirmation bias working though. They sounded like sturdy chains too, but it wasn't loud, I think he was just moving them away slightly. I have no idea why he has chains in his room. It's better that way.

Greetings to WIS and Blue too.

edit on 31/1/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 08:08 PM
Hey Girl I don't know if you read these when I don't reply personally.
It sounds so complicated what the two of you have to go through. You have already had enough hardship.
All I can do is pray for a miracle for you guys. ]]]]]]]]GIANT HUG[[[[[[[[[[
Hon your new avatar is so cool.
Don't worry about the attendance here. It all goes in cycles.]]]]]] Hugs[[[[[[
I liked your spin on Blue's cat picture.
Is the chain guy your crazy neighbor? The one with the loud music?
Perhaps he is just creating a nest for him self. Perhaps he is a dragon offspring who hordes chains instead of jewels, when he has enough he will fall asleep on top of them and you will never see him again, except for the occasional wisp of smoke from under the door.

Hello beings in The Shed,
I am still crabby and so forth. That is a tale for another post.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 08:18 PM

Hello beings in The Shed, I am still crabby and so forth. That is a tale for another post.

Hello our dear WIS... crabby or not , it’s always nice to see you post in the Shed. I for one am all ears ( or should I say eyes) to read your “ reason for being crabby post”. We all have our crabby days WIS, due to a myriad of different reasons. Don’t be hard on yourself because of it. Sometimes writing about it can make us take a step back and laugh instead.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 08:20 PM

Yes ma'am, chain guy is crazy neighbour man. You have a vivid but way too benevolent scenario. I watched Jigsaw (Saw 8) recently so my mind was more geared towards locks, chains and buzz-saws. It's either that or he's into bondage but that's not something I want to think about.

I like a person who's not ashamed to feel crabby. Pincers sound better than claws. I think.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 08:55 PM

I'm always reading
I don't often have the chance to reply though because my phone is awful and the computer is constantly "liberated" from me, and when I do get a chance to compute - I'm usually writing manically before it gets stolen from me again. (I really need to invest in a new laptop so I no longer have to compete with my son)

Thank you for your well wishes. I really don't think it's as complicated as I made it sound; it's really just a waiting game. Waiting to earn enough money (it's approximately a year's savings if I remain VERY strict with my budget), waiting for lodged paperwork to be approved, and then waiting for the second lot of paperwork to be approved. But. When the second lot is lodged, a "bridging" visa is automatically given until the application has been approved, so, once it's simply been lodged all should be well and we can begin living properly.

Usually a worrywart pessimist, I'm bizarrely optimistic about the situation.

(We'll see if I still say that in the midst of the happenings.)

Speaking of monetary things though - I just acquired 2kg of clay, some tools, some paint, and some finishing varnish. I'm hoping to create lots of little artistic pieces and possibly sell them. Pocket money would be helpful. Or alternatively; discover that I'm rubbish at the non-literary. But at least it will be fun.

Currently stalking Pinterest to gain some inspiration.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:11 PM

originally posted by: Sheye

it’s always nice to see you post in the Shed.

Thank you, sniffles.

I for one am all ears ( or should I say eyes) to read your “ reason for being crabby post” Don’t be hard on yourself because of it. Sometimes writing about it can make us take a step back and laugh instead.

Thank you again. For listening.
I should take a positive approach to this, but I can't at least not at the moment. Writing about it won't help other then give me relief.
When I came in Tuesday I found out the idiots I work for cut my hours by fifteen. I could barely make it with what I had. They didn't warn me or any of the others who were cut.
I have refused to recieve goverment subsedies but now I must. And I hate it.
That insidious statement that "If you have a dream and work hard enough" is an illusion.
I am tired. Plain tired.
I don't want to listen to one more superficial, emotionally deprived person in RL who tries to unload on me while I am standing behind the counter, completly defenseless. i don't want to see one more nasty demanding face who can't be polite.
I take a bow. Thank You

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:22 PM

Thank You for that beautiful picture, it touched me.

Clay. I used to make figurines in clay. It is very long and intricate process. It could take weeks for me to complete a project before it went to the kiln.
We don't have clay here, a sad loss. Are we talking about the same thing

Give that sweet heart of yours a hug from the WISter.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>