It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 18

page: 171
<< 168  169  170    172  173  174 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Your pictures are very creative, but aren't they public domain when you post them here and belong to ATS ?

No. ATS has the use, but not the ownership of any private works posted here.

Just because you post an image on the internet, does not mean it is in the public domain.

If you do post art, it is best to post it in a low resolution and when a customer purchases, you send a high resolution copy.

P

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Because i lately and finally paid my debts to the library, i was thinking to go and get some books to read next week. (Few years ago i returned some books late, and had to pay a small amount to borrow books again)

Looking for recommendations now
i can't read novels, i don't have enough imagination. But i enjoy light, easy to understand psychology. Philosophy. Life guides. Stuff that makes me think and maybe change and improve my behavior and thinking in general.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Curiosity requires me to ask, how long was the book overdue?
Did the librarian give you "the stare"?

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Good question !

I was wondering what book drugs they peddle !

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

Curiosity requires me to ask, how long was the book overdue?
Did the librarian give you "the stare"?

Well i had 2 or 3 books and they were overdue for about 2 weeks. Then i had to pay to get books again, but i did not pay until recently.

edit on 1-4-2018 by Finspiracy because: weird typo

Editing: And the librarian's stare is only some kind of a red beam. I just have to go to the library, find the books i wish to read, read their barcodes with the beam, then put my library card under the beam. And as i return the books, just place the books under the beam and the machine kind of swallows them. No social interaction with strangers whatsoever, just the way i like it.

Don't get me wrong i like real talking or light chat with people like you here or my IRL friends or something... but the grocery store for example, oh no. I say hello and i say thank you but i don't like it one bit. I wish i could implant a microchip in myself, just walk into the store, get what i want and walk out, and some kind of sensors take the total sum away from my bank account.

But there would be all kinds of problems to solve. How to avoid stealing and how to make sure that kids won't get cigarettes or alcohol.

edit on 1-4-2018 by Finspiracy because: added a few lines

edit on 1-4-2018 by Finspiracy because: Had to clarify... this is why i only post, and i don't start threads.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Sounds like one hell of a high-tech library! No people? What if you want to ask a question. Does Robbie the Robot come staggering towards you?

They have self-scan cash desks at some supermarkets here. There are still staff and random checks to reduce theft though. You can't just fill up your trolley with steak and Champagne and walk out.

edit on 1/4/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

Sounds like one hell of a high-tech library! No people? What if you want to ask a question. Does Robbie the Robot come staggering towards you?

There are staff members if someone wants to ask for help or something. But they are not needed if just borrowing a book or returning it.

A couple of bigger places here have self-scan cash desks too but i don't find them that useful. Read the barcodes one by one without the experience of a cashier, then pay with bank card. No tobacco or alcohol allowed at all from those. We have all tobacco products behind the cashier and hidden here. And if you ask "what cigarettes do you have here?" they are not allowed to answer. And the government just used like 3 years to battle if the max level of alcohol sold in grocery stores could be raised from 4.7 to 5.5 %. This is a turbocharged nanny state. But i will find my way.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Same in NL except supermarkets can sell wine and strong (9%+) beer but no spirits. Tobacco is allowed but they don't sell my brand so I buy that in the tobacco shop. They soon will be "hiding" the tobacco in all (?) shops here soon but will still sell it. As for asking, it might lead to a fun discussion.

"Tobacco?"

"Maybe...."

"Outta my way!..."

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Yes. Strange trend. We need change of attitude via education and further research. Not billions of little laws and regulations that no one truly understands thoroughly.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Happy EASTER Gang! ! !

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

I'll be stopping in and out here over the course of the day as I await my Spiral Glazed Ham

Nom nom nom...

/Hugs all!

Respectfully,
~ meathead

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

So last night I took an empty beer can and put it on the table of our lawn furniture set..

This morning at 8 am I woke up my parents screaming "oh my god oh my god! There's a beer outside! Hurry come look..."

My mom is looking out the window "where I don't see it?!"

I'm like mom "you don't see it climbed up on to the table?!" Lol..

You should have seen there faces when they realized it was April first...

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Happy Easter everyone. Hope you all have a great day !

Night, hope you are feeling better.

Mike, that was quite the April Fools joke on your parents 😆. Wish I could have seen the look on their faces. OMG ! A beer can .. too funny!
edit on 1-4-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Happy Easter to those who celebrate it! I usually go out with my family to eat, but didn't go this year. Too many physical problems right now. I have to try again to get my damned ID on Tuesday and if there is a long line again and no where to sit, forget it. I need to make a doctor's appointment to have this leg looked at which means more damned tests. So depressed right now.

Sorry for being so miserable and not replying to you all individually.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night StarSorry for being so miserable

That is just silliness, don't be sorry. When with "Real People", the ones that know me, know better than to apologize for being down. I give them a whack.
They tell me they need a hug or an ear or both.
Now here is a big hug to you

You take care of you and if you are smart let others pamper you a little.

I don't understand why we compulsively pardon our selves, it is so odd to me. Hmmm must think about that.

edit on 1-4-2018 by WalkInSilence because: blah

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Thanx for the clarification on that! Mucho appreciado!

Happy Easter WIS, and to everyone else too!
I hope You all have a great Day!

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
In honor of our Night Star feeling miserable today I shall do the same.
Actually, my ankle is killing me to the point that walking is 99% impossible currently.

So I'm taking a Shed break today and hope to be better tomorrow somehow.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Happy Easter to those who celebrate it! I usually go out with my family to eat, but didn't go this year. Too many physical problems right now. I have to try again to get my damned ID on Tuesday and if there is a long line again and no where to sit, forget it. I need to make a doctor's appointment to have this leg looked at which means more damned tests. So depressed right now.

Sorry for being so miserable and not replying to you all individually.

I'm sorry you are not feeling well.
I must remember that a lot of folks are going through some heavy stuff and try to be kinder and gentler. Even though my struggles are huge at the moment I feel obliged to remember that anyone that I am upset with or harboring a little irritation with is likely suffering also.
So from me to you...

Hoping yours and everyone's pain (whatever it is) is relieved soon.

(((hugs)))

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

I hope You heal well and fast!

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

That was nice Chirp! Oh, Jinx, You owe Me a Coke.
We posted at same time but I caught it first! LOL!!

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hi Night. I hope all goes well when You go out to do what Ya gotta do.
Hugs from CC And Me, to You and Mark.

top topics

<< 168  169  170    172  173  174 >>

join