It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 18

page: 134
<< 131  132  133    135  136  137 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Glad I stayed logged in to proofread..

Good night hun!

Have a great day tomorrow!

/Hugs all!

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Goodnight Joe

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Sheye

I lean on shopping carts and yes sit on benches or in the car for back breaks. Sometimes the pain can be unbearable, some days are painful, but I'm so used to it that I have forgotten what being pain free feels like. I just do what I can do.
With my friend, we will sit and sip coffee or water and have a cigarette in the car and talk before going to our next store. That's why I am away so long when I go out every week. Plus I do nothing all week and am at home sitting around.

All the little breaks help. I’m happy you don’t let your back pain stop you from experiencing a full day of fun with family or friends. You have your priorities right , and Mark is fortunate to have such a lovey wife who gets the groceries despite health issues. i’m sure he appreciates it .

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I push myself very hard to tolerate as much pain as humanly possible. I have had days where I was brought to tears from so much pain and feeling bad for myself. I have days where the pain is at an acceptable level if you will and I am able to function. My depression isn't bad, nor my anxiety as long as I take my meds and now with the medicinal marijuana, but those things I fight through as well. A Sheddite Warrior I am, sword raised high. lol

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
My new Great Niece Alanna.

She is a beautiful little baby
I feel like i could spend this day just like she does, just resting and sleeping, and when i want something, just cry a little and someone will be there!

Also i am super delighted to read that Light is getting a new place to live in. At one point i thought he might snap, and i felt useless because i couldn't come up with any good tips.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

G’night ... sweet dreams and all that jazz 😊

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Hi Fin .. or I should say good morning .

Hope you have a lovely day . No dentist today , so that is good.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

WalkInSilence's post does indeed belong to the story (imho!)

Thank you Light, kindly put, but it is my bad that I didn't make it clear that it was an individual post. (which was related Shep in a PM, whos work was very impressive)
I was trying to convey a thought about a dispute a member had started with out being too forward.

So I see you are moving. I must say I think it is shameful that you as the victim should carry this burden. Perhaps the bigger picture will reveal this is the best out come.

edit on 17-3-2018 by WalkInSilence because: blah

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Looks around from my cover to see if there is danger lurking.

With no imminent, considerable, danger in sight I walk up to the door and enter the Shed, with my heavy load.

Hoping I don't wake any one, I spread the contents of my burden on the table,

and hurry out again.

Now it is odd, because there is truly no in or out of the Shed once one is "in", it is a space with many dwellings, rooms, doors all existing apart simultaneously.
edit on 17-3-2018 by WalkInSilence because: Because I can

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Wister!!!!! Finally! Missed you so much! Loved the pics, especially the food one as I'm so hungry right now.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 04:19 AM
link   
There they walked
Without certainty of the future, or even the next step
There they endured
Adapting to everything that may come upon their path
There was heavy rain, there were moments of soothing sunlight
Yet here they are, beings of light that the darkness could not cast shadows to
Their hearts beat. Their lungs breathe air. They think and they feel.
I can feel this here at the shed and it makes me grateful.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

/me stares at the table and drools slowly over the floor....

You sure do know how to make a lovely spread. Coffee and meat and cheese and bread....yum! If you lived closer I'd invite you round for dinner. You'd be doing the cooking because I think my food would pale in comparison but I'd happily do the washing up. Just saying.

Hope all is well with you and the snow is starting to recede.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Not much for talking at 523 am but my news to share is my news to share. I stayed in bed for about four hours last night getting up at 5 am and feeling halfway normal. I went to the kitchen and fed the cats while the coffee was warming up. All I was doing was standing in the corner of the kitchen at the microwave and sink when my left leg decided to give out of me. I could hear the popping of ankle bones as I went down to the floor as this happened so suddenly that I didn't have the chance to try to prevent the fall.

Once on the ground, I rested, taking damage control in mind as my heart was beating too fast as could be expected. Without being able to stand using my left leg all I could do was scoot to the sofa in the living room. Keep in mind from where I fell to where the sofa is in the living room was the greatest possible distance between the two rooms. Once at the sofa I removed a cushion and raised myself up.

The living room is one of my dad's junkyards with a variety of useless items throughout the room. Fortunately one of the items wasn't useless to me this morning. That being a wheeled walker. Using the unused exercise bike for leverage I managed to retrieve the walker. From there I went back to the kitchen and got my ever so important coffee. My coffee cup is a leakproof small thermos type that I managed to put a rubber strap around so the walker could hold it in place. So here I go back to the living room to begin today's journey into who knows what. I have the coffee cup strapped to the left side of the walker and since I accidentally unplugged the living room light I grabbed a small flashlight in the living room to aid on my long journey.

I'm sitting at my desk now with my foot wrapped in an ace bandage left over from last year's fall. If and when I have the need to get up again I'll see if I still have the foam boot used last year still in my closet and within my reach.

I feel like my day has been shot down as I had creative plans for the Shed today. That will have to wait as this will have to be my Shed story of the day.

Blue the Hobbler

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Damn dude, that sounds awful. I had to smile painfully at certain parts of your story but not because it was funny. I could see myself doing the same thing in such dire straits.

I always have a torch (flashlight) close to hand just in case. (Being half-blind, a slight over-exaggeration, doesn't help me but it can be useful)

I'd give you a hug but it wouldn't help and might hurt so instead I will just send you healing vibes. (I'm not the praying kind, no offence meant to the religious among us. I have my own religion and it's not in any book)

Take it easy. One hobble at a time if you will. And ask your Mom for help maybe.

"Pesky, 1 large Elixir for Blue please. Thank you."
edit on 17/3/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Many thanks for any hugs, vibes, and available elixirs.

I did manage to get the foam boot down from the top of the closet. It is helping somewhat. Now I get to wait 2-3 hours for mom to wake up and hobble by using her own walker to see if she can bring me a can of beans or something for breakfast.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Oh my goodness Blue the hobbler! I'm glad you didn't get hurt too badly! I am concerned though that your leg just gave out like that. Rest and come back to us later if you can. I'll send some Elven healing energy your way. Gentle hugs!

Light, Pesky is looking at you funny. She isn't one of the pixie servers. I know, I know, this realm is so confusing sometimes. She did however get one of the other pixies to look after Blue. Ooooh, Wis got a dinner invite!

Fin, I loved what you wrote! That was so beautifully written and so touching! Have you thought about joining our story? I would like very much to see more of your writing!

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Leaving in about an hour my Lovelies! I need another cup of coffee or two before I go. Yum, I added my raspberry hot chocolate to it!

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Morning Night.

Have a wonderful day out with your friend !

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 17/3/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Continued from above...

As hot shot , Sheye’s dragon, was ridng high above the Shedlands Sheye felt an overwhelming feeling of doom. “ Quick “, said Sheye’s angel “turn around immediately “.

“Why” repled Sheye. She had desperately wanted to make it to the Shed, for the meeting and now her angel was telling her to go back? Go back where?

“Over there”said her angel, looking concerned. “We must land over there”, pointing down below. Sheye knew better than to argue with her angel , and quickly guided Hotshot down unto the soft moss covered floor of the forest. Before them was a cave. Quickly they all entered the cave, except for Hotshot who insisted he go ahead to the meeting, so he could inform the rest of the Sheddites where Jack, River, Riverbabe and Sheye were.

River looked around at the cave and immediately recognized it as the cave Flutterby had taken her and Riverbabe to, upon first arriving, when it had begun to rain. As quickly as she realized where they were a great rock was rolled in front of the entrance of the cave, blocking anyone from entering or leaving.

“The rock has been rolled there for your protection by other angels” said Sheye’s guardian angel.
“Much prayer and fasting will be needed to drive the demonic spirits away, as they can not be destroyed permanently. They are everlasting spirits of destruction cast down from far above, and their mission is to destroy love.We must wait here until the Holy angels guarding this cave say it is safe to leave. We must pray fervently and diligently for the others, as well as fast ,for their safety.”

Jack and River were a bit perplexed , yet grateful that their family was safe in the very cave that they began their journey to the Shedlands ,together.As they began praying for the others in Accasia, a low growl came from the dark corner, saying, “It is good”.

Riverbabe smiled and said innocently , “Monster boy likes prayer too”.

edit on 17-3-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 131  132  133    135  136  137 >>

join