It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 18

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

/ooc I was planning on pushing the narrative along a lot slower, with those journal entries eventually catching up to the present, but I could not resist replying to you and star ,I still need to explain where I got my hula hoop of traveling and my relationship with Delanea my dog who may or may not be a Greek aristocrat raised as a Germanic princess and only transforms into a human when I sleep..but it was intended to be dribbled out, i just felt rude not replying to you both.

Respectfully,
~ meathead

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Oooooh, how did I miss this????????? I'll add to it when I can. If Pheonix or anyone else wants to jump in feel free.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Oh...you can take your time then. lol Don't want to ruin your plans.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Mr Stivic, you have a gift with words. I googled your username, apparently it is a character from a US copy of the UK tv series (60's/70's) "Till death us do part" adapted for the US audience. I was too young so only saw the repeats but it was still funny. A challenging of racial attitudes which were in some communities in the UK predominant at the time. I like being challenged especially when humour and ridicule are the tool.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

/ooc thank you! it was called all in the family in America, I chose this name because Archie bunker reminds me of my grandfather and I get to poke fun at myself every post when I sign off with a....

Respectfully,
~ meathead

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Accents and attitudes. Gotta love 'em. It don't travel well through time but here's a short clip from the UK version.

ETA I love racism, it's such an easy target to ridicule and I can never resist ridiculing racists.
Then again, I am a foreigner in this country but there are at least 170 nationalities here in the Netherlands, as in my native UK. Humour never dies and racists never lies.

"Coming over 'ere, taking our jobs, taking our wimmins, smelling the place out with all their stinky foods...."

It's easy.
edit on 19/1/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

/ooc I love British humor that clip was quick and witty yet dry and biting..a perfect example why we have been appropriating your television shows for decades....from all in the family to the office..

Ok that's the last time I break my rule for this edition of the shed....

Hugs everyone!

Respectfully,
~ meathead

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Ha, you Americans don't possess less. I remember watching a few things when I still watched TV back in the day.

Al Bundy (forget then name of the show, Love and Marriage?), the dinosaur show (forget the name, people in dinosaur suits) and 3rd rock from the sun equaled anything a Brit show ever did. I think the word is zany (I hate Seinfeld!) but the first few episodes just made my jaw hit the floor. I kept watching and laughing together with my Dad.

Nite Nite all!

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Bahahaha! The old shows mentioned above were hilarious.

I hope everyone is having a decent day so far.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I just got my old fridge back. It'd been with friends for a year and a half. They weren't happy but at least it's here now. All I need to do now is disinfect the thing as "someone" left the freezer compartment open and it stinks to high heaven. Tomorrow I will bleach it out. Now I'm tired and sore.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence
I am fine WIS... how are you ?
I guess I should have put an I in front of miss Finnspiricy .. 😆

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Seems you are always cleaning something. Can I borrow you for a while? I have some chores that need to be done and no energy to do them. LOL

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Hello Sheye!

Just a lazy Saturday for me. Coffee...need more coffee!

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Hello Sheye!

Just a lazy Saturday for me. Coffee...need more coffee!

Hi Night* waves *

Jusr relaxing here too ... had my usual three cups of caffeine this morning... and it’s getting closer to an afternoon nap.
I have tons of things I could be doing as far as organizing stuff , etc... but you need to think and make decisions, which I am not in the least motivated to do. meh... next week I’ll tackle it.. some anyway.

Here’s to afternoon naps.. how I love them.. and they are easy on my back. ( laying down takes the most pressure off the bad disc.. even do a few back exercises in bed)

Anyhoo... back to regular scheduled programming 😁

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

LOL! I could use a nap too. Rest well Sweetie!

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

edit on 20-1-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Hugo lay atop the mossy earth, exhausted from his search of missing Sheddites. His journey was arduous, his wings though powerful were heavy and aching. The winged wildcat panted trying to catch his breath. He had never failed before, never tasted defeat, but he was weary, so very weary and didn't know how much longer he could go on. His companions Wolf and Storm were off to search in other Kingdoms and he missed them, missed Night and Pesky, missed home. Where could the people have gone off to? Did some unforeseen event befall them? Maybe if I rest just a little longer I will gain my strength and will find them he thought. Hugo chuckled briefly. Maybe...they will find me. He had never wandered quite this far before.

Though the scenery took his breath away and the creatures he met along the way were of great interest, he had no time to make new friends. For now, he would allow a deep sleep to take him, to heal his body and mind. Tomorrow is another day and it could be the day he would claim victory.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Good morning.

I am starting to feel better after some days of severe depression and anxiety. Friends (humans and cats) helped again and time. And reading the shed of course. Nice talk about my gender!
it is male.

I don't know what causes my depression and anxiety, otherwise i might just find a way to work myself out of it mentally. It just comes and goes, and it is gone now, and that is what matters.

Coffee time now.

Best wishes
"Miss" Finspiracy

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Well “ miss “ Finspiracy ... My apologies on starting the gender confusion 😕.

So happy to read a post from you and I understand depression, as I have suffered from it on and off since my teens. It can come out of nowhere, and it zaps you of energy to effectively deal with it at times. Happy to read you’re feeling better, but don’t hesitate to share your thoughts and feelings when you are hitting a depressed time of your life.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I’ve always liked his music from so long ago 😏.. heheh. Great lyrics in my opinion.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join