It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 18

page: 109
<< 106  107  108    110  111  112 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Men in skirts kilts bearing scary cereals.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

But...

Why?

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Dunno mate. Guess you gotta ask Big G but I know they use cereal in haggis. (I've never eaten it, I am not Scottish or that desperate for "food")

There was a movie years ago called Robin Hood: Men in Tights. Perhaps Scottish men like wearing skirts kilts and thought tights looked gay. Wind through your "hair" and all that? Perhaps it's a question better left unasked?

/me runs towards the bushes
edit on 8/3/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

ETA With all due respect, nobody screws with the Scots. They can be scary. My maths teacher at school was a Glaswegian. If he told you to shut up, you did that. Also one of the most intelligent people I ever met. Mr. Fitzpatrick. I didn't understand a word he said once I followed his advanced mathematics programme. Had nothing to do with his accent. And they are a funny bunch. Frankie Boyle. Nuff said.
edit on 8/3/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Men in tights. What an awesome movie.

I should watch it again some day.

Mel Brooks is a genius.

Ever seen Young Frankenstein? When he "learns" to smoke a cigar?

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Love Mel Brooks. Blazing Saddles was a masterpiece, Life Stinks and yes, Young Frankenstein. Marty Feldman, Gene Wilder and many others. Now I need a change of underwear. BRB.

ETA Possibly the funniest line of Men in Tights was:

1: "I'm going to cut your heart out with a spoon!"

2: "Don't you mean a knife?"

1: "No, a spoon, it hurts more."
edit on 8/3/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

"Tony, are you smoking those Moroccan cigarettes again?"

If only I could. lol Living with the backwards family that thinks everything, such as having a life, is evil doesn't permit such luxuries. The me that you have been seeing recently is the nonmedicated version of the former me.

Coldplay can be good to listen to at times. I must be having a Mandela morning as I thought they were "Coldsplay"

Listening to one of my wife's favorites Jim Morrison - LIght My Fire Not able to share the video. Could be that I'm just not awake enough to think yet.

edit on 3 8 2018 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

edit on 3 8 2018 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Did someone mention cosplay?

Oh. Coldplay. My bad.

I love Coldplay. Speed of Sound, Clocks, the Scientist, so cool.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Hello Sir Gordi! How are things out your way? How's the new band working out? Business doing ok? Family good? Boys still growing like a weed? Been carving anything lately?

We really do need a Shed dictionary with all the cool words people come up with. I'm still waiting for my Scottish and Australian translations one. LOL

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Hi Swanne! Lovely to see you being more present now!

Yes, Syx was here, but seems to be missing...again.

I just LOVE your dragon with the coffee pic! I came close to stealing it!

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Hello Shep! Glad the Shepherditos are having fun! Last night it looked like a winter wonderland. We had lights flicker a number of times and I thought for sure we would lose power, but we didn't. Today I looked out the window and it seems most of that snow has melted.

edit on 8-3-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

You know I share everything! You can borrow as you wish!

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Light, loved the song! I also enjoyed your sharing your info with us all. Sorry you ended up where you are now, but things could turn around for you. Haven't heard a peep about your obnoxious neighbor. Things have been quiet?

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Nope. Hence my silence. It's hard to post when you can't even hear yourself think.

A visitors guide to Scotland. Language warning for the more sensitive among us! (It's a Scottish comedian and he is very funny.)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

OMG Chels! I am relieved to hear that you and the kids are ok, but sorry your car was wrecked. Trips can always be rescheduled and I am sure you will get to go and have a blast. My Sister has a time share in Florida and goes every February.

My feathers weren't ruffled when you wanted to know more about us folks. I don't think I shared anything though. I used to have an exciting life but now...there just isn't much to share. I go out once a week for lunch and groceries with one friend, see my Sister once a week for lunch and maybe a fun shop here and there if her schedule allows. Maybe once a month or every other month I get to see my other best friend and then out on Holidays or special occasions.

I was sort of a wild child in my youth...smoking and drinking, meeting rock stars and nooooo never slept around with any of them! I loved night clubs, music, dancing, singing. I was into theatre for a while. I always loved being creative and jewelry making is a passion of mine, though I haven't made anything in a while, I do have some things planned.

I love animals, fantasy writing, nature etc.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Swanne, I'm going to run back and take that pic now. Thanks!!!!!

Light, it's such a shame you have to put up with that crap! I would have hoped something would have been done about it by now by the owners of the place.

I will watch your vid later. Scotland is soooo beautiful!

I'm so damned behind in here! LOL

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Hello Sheye!

Hello Tom! I hope you had a spectacular Birthday!

Hello Blue!

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

We had a spontaneous group meeting where my neighbour lied smiling, and the rest (5 people) tried to intervene. Apparently he has asked the rental company to change rooms in the same building. I wished the rest much luck but assured them that he was nothing less than a noise maker. They found it hard to believe but I left the conversation after around 15 minutes, in moderate anger. Some people don't have to put up with what I have had to put up with. Hopefully they give him a transfer because then someone else will have to put up with his noise. The noise he purports not to make. Good luck with that.

Now it is time for a yolk or two because stress causes me not to eat to my own detriment. (I'm a somewhat anorexic eating disorder type) Bread, burgers and flightless bird organic embryos. Poached embryos, yum!

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

G'day Night !

This may help you with "Strine " ...

www.textfiles.com...
😎
edit on 8-3-2018 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Shut up.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Hello Sir Gordi!
Hello!

How are things out your way?
Fine & Dandy

How's the new band working out?
Pretty good, 1st gig went well!

Business doing ok?
no

Family good?
Yes!

Boys still growing like a weed?
Like Beanstalks!!! LOL

Been carving anything lately?
Not really... been too busy with other crapola!

We really do need a Shed dictionary with all the cool words people come up with. I'm still waiting for my Scottish and Australian translations one. LOL
indeed we do!

new topics

top topics

<< 106  107  108    110  111  112 >>

join