It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US air force colonel says two airmen involved in British UFO case ‘may have been abducted’

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

The biggest question to ask is why does 'ufology' believe there to be a massive international establisment cover-up over the subject but then continually depend on people from officialdom to tell them the truth they seek.

Think about it.

The drug addict always begs the pusher for more drugs, that's why.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

a reply to: Scrubdog

Believe me I have looked at this case for years. Colonel Halt's memo to the UK MoD and tape are both contemporary evidence that something happened. But his memo is full of basic errors. Not something you'd expect from the Deputy Base Commander. The original witness statements do not indicate any such missing time. Colonel Halt took those statements. So something is being twisted again.

Gary Heseltine also has an agenda, like I said earlier, because he is involved in a new documentary focusing on Larry Warren's story. See : www.capelgreen.co.uk...

Peter Robbins who co-authored "Left at East Gate" with Warren has since distanced himself from him due to inconsistencies with his story. See : Daily Mirror

If you are really interested in the whole case and willing to spend sometime looking beyond the soundbites then I suggest you read through : Rendlesham Forest…, A Christmas Story from 1980 - Can We ‘Let it Be’?. Or at least skip to the summary here

The Rendlesham incident is far too complex to explain in any detail here. Because it can go from nothing much really happened at all other than a bunch of US servicemen goofing around to a massive Cold War conspiracy. Most people won't bother looking beyond a bloke touched a spaceship and received a binary code (even though his witness statement said he never got closer than 50m to whatever it was that was seen).

This is really nice of you to share what you've learned with me, and not be condescending about it. I would never ever say that I have some sort of grasp on the truth that can't be informed upon. I do want to take the time to read at least the summary. I wish I had more time to give it.

I don't want to ask too much more of you, but if it's enjoyable to you, I would be fascinated to hear your best guess as to what you think did or did not happen.

Just to be clear, bc I might not have been above, I would near throw out any new allegation regarding an abduction. That seems absurd. They presented contemporaneous evidence, if one was "contrmporaneously abducted" don't you think there'd be a "Holy sht! We just got abducted!" somewhere on the tape?? That seems silly.

But, just bc we can say "They're jumping on the profit boat now" doesn't necessarily render the original story wrong, just harder to want to wade through, and slightly less credibility.

One thing I liked in Lazar's account of what he saw was that it never wavered. Knapp stresses that quite a bit, that he's never "filled in" the story. I do think that's important.

I also think corroborating details are really important, what was the temp? Had it rained? In an abduction, what did the place smell like? If a person is tripping over little details that we all would note even if we're taking out the trash, then I have reason to discount it all.

Just my approach, but thank you for your time, very interesting stuff.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Scrubdog

I don't want to ask too much more of you, but if it's enjoyable to you, I would be fascinated to hear your best guess as to what you think did or did not happen.

It was some kind of Cold War Weapons test or experiment. The USAF were never meant to be involved in it but a number of celestial events and a Soviet rocket booster burning up triggered an off base investigation.

if one was "contemporaneously abducted" don't you think there'd be a "Holy sht! We just got abducted!" somewhere on the tape?? That seems silly.

Yes but the tape does not include any evidence to prove or disprove that.

The events span 3 nights. The first night (or early AM of 26th Dec 1980) involved USAF personnel Burroughs, Penniston and Cabansag and not tapes. If anyone was abducted then no one remembers it. Penniston's story differed only marginally originally from the other two. But he has expanded it from seeing a craft in the 1990s to having a notebook, camera and getting a binary code download in 2010.

The tape was recorded on the night of the 27rh/28th Dec 1980 (the 3rd night) by Col. Halt. John Burroughs was involved again on this night and he remembers approaching a 'light' ahead of him. Then it just went out. Sgt. Adrian Bustinza who was with him fell to the ground before they reached the light but has suggested Burroughs disappeared for a short time (not hours). Unfortunately if Colonel Halt ever recorded anything that was going on it has been edited out of the tape.

But, just bc we can say "They're jumping on the profit boat now" doesn't necessarily render the original story wrong

There are possibly more agendas at play than that. Some of the more peripheral witnesses, and Penniston, have claimed chemical debriefings took place and there is possibly a mind control element to the case.

I also think corroborating details are really important, what was the temp?

it was crisp, clear and somewhere around 4 -6°C on both of those two nights. See : Weather Conditions

edit on 16/1/2018 by mirageman because: edit

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Its possible.

Very well might explain why AFOSI was so interested, and interrogated them to the point of using drugs during the extraction.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

I believe it was within the pages of project condon that it was revealed that Burroughs had been exposed to terahertz radiation at Rendlesham which is what prompted him to get his medical cover reinstated by the USAF due to the illnesses he has suffered as a result.

John has even said that he knows that something has been weaponized that emits this kind of radiation but stated very clearly that he could not talk further about it due to NDA's.

If you do a quick Google of terahertz radiation, there are some interesting scientific papers that discuss its application in military projects and further space exploration in the future.

terahertz radiation is something that people should hone in on and do some simple research on as it leads unfortunately to more questions, BUT interesting ones...

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400

en.wikipedia.org...

Terrahertz radiation is low range, very low penetration of the body. It's used as a replacement
for X-rays because it is MUCH less likely to cause biological damage.

Making Terrahertz radiation a "boogey man" seems incongruous.

But the fact that it is so rare is interesting. It is uncommon to produce artificially, and
uncommon to have detection capability.. so it would seem to be ideal for covert
applications I'd say.

That, and that it is used for "scanning" means whomever runs afoul of it in a military
setting, might have tangled with a relatively innocuous piece of test equipment,
not some dreaded nefarious device.
edit on 17-1-2018 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I believe it was within the pages of project condon that it was revealed that Burroughs had been exposed to terahertz radiation at Rendlesham which is what prompted him to get his medical cover reinstated by the USAF due to the illnesses he has suffered as a result.

Actually I need to slightly correct you there. The Condon Report was part of Project Bluebook. The very similarly named Condign Report was commissioned by the UK MoD in the 1990s.

The relevant part of the file is Condign uap_vol2_pgs16to30. You will find the specifics on page 3 of that PDF relating to Rendlesham.

But the specific paragraph is very much civil service double-speak. If something might be postulated then it's not a definite fact.

"The well-reported Rendlesham Forest/Bentwaters event is an example where it might be postulated that several observers were probably exposed to UAP [Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon] radiation for longer than normal UAP sighting periods."

The relevant part that deals with 'possible' weaponization of whatever was encountered can be seen here.

Kit Green (former CIA Medical Advisor involved in Burroughs case with the VA) commented : here

There was also some follow up to it : here.

In short Kit Green hints that specific bands of terahertz energy do not act like non ionising radiation in the classical sense. Thus causing the heart damage John Burroughs suffered. More recently it has also been revealed in Annie Jacobsen's book “Phenomena” that Kit now treats people who have had 'anomalous encounters' where certain genetic markers are left by the exposure to these 'anomalies'.

Where's Tom DeLonge when I need him?

edit on 17/1/2018 by mirageman because: ..

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Where's Tom DeLonge when I need him?

edit on 1 17 2018 by KenTodd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   
That audio is good, I don't know how long it's been available, certainly the latter parts have been out there a while, but I hadn't personally heard the full preceding 15 minutes at the "landing site". Gotta keep in mind though that this recording was on the 2nd night of a 2 night event, right? The abduction happening the night before, if I remember rightly. A bit like Phoenix Lights, the major event took place without recording equipment the night before. But the parts a lot of people attach themselves too are this recording which was a later event. That said, the stuff about the abduction is harder to find so it's no wonder general people haven't really heard of it. But it was the abduction section that gave us "co-ordinates" to Hy Brasil and stuff... What I do like about the audio though from the 2nd night/phase is their description of the light dropping molten looking liquid. I really want to see one of those UFOs
After the audio it autoplayed a clip with Halt and then some talk from Grant Cameron, and I found both those videos interesting too.
edit on 18-1-2018 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: markymint

......the stuff about the abduction is harder to find so it's no wonder general people haven't really heard of it. But it was the abduction section that gave us "co-ordinates" to Hy Brasil and stuff...

It certainly is harder to find. Because it's just another layer of mythology being added to the story as the years pass by. I would say if you remove Colonel Halt's statements on the story and Jim Penniston's binary download story that the picture is a lot clearer. Halt's fabrications begin with his memo to the UK MoD written a couple of weeks after the incident. This is the Deputy Base Commander with his witness statements, shift logs, his tape recording and security log all available. But he states.

Early in the morning of 27 Dec 80 (approximately 0300L) two USAF security police patrolmen saw unusual lights outside the back gate at RAF Woodbridge

The initial events occurred on the early morning of 26th Dec 1980 at 0300. All personnel where back at base by then. Lt. Buran called the search off at 0343. It is matter of record in his statement. Plus the British police arrived around 0430 (there is a Suffolk police memo to confirm this).

This also sort of puts paid to Penniston claiming he spent 45 mins around a triangular craft, photographing it, (then decided to sketch it as well in the darkness of a forest!!). Especially has the two other guys with him Burroughs and Cabansag remember him doing nothing of the sort.

To most people who occasionally hear about this story its about a bloke who touched a spaceship and received a binary code. But you have to check everything because you can't take their word for it!

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   

After listening to the audio, i am now convinced more than ever that what i and three others witnessed on the night of 24th December 1980, was in fact the same " Craft " that appeared at Rendlesham two nights later.

It's this one particular except from the tape that convinces me more and i quote the words of Master Sergeant Ball, at 17.20 on the recording.

" Look at the colour.....# ! "

Here is a description of my encounter.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 18-1-2018 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Lathroper

for someone quoting a dictionary, you are a bit clueless about what people mean in sentences, you lost a big opportunity to be quiet. Are you a troll?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
alldaylong, nice report, cool stuff man. Totally plausible. This article recounts a local event that happened 11 hours after I had my first major UFO encounter (in the same local area, Oct 2005). Three things, what I saw (a light zipping over super fast, what I'd deem a fastwalker), a lady & daughter see a landed craft and something seen hovering over the local RAF base. Now, I honestly think the other two things could've been a helicopter. But I know what I saw wasn't a helicopter, unless helicopters can do Mach 10 or thereabouts these days. But all three things did occur in the same 12 hour period. For me, that's when I knew at least, something was really up, and the plausibility (of my part of the event/sighting) is enhanced. If the audio and dates of Rendlesham do that for you too, then that's great!

No idea if it happens so much now but I think the notion that Rendlesham is just a high profile case of something that happens (or happened) quite frequently, we are just the not high profile experiencers of it, haha. Some thing does appear to land in fields at least, heh, be it balls of light, structured craft... something happens. And these occurrences or events are not isolated to 1 or 2 witnesses, they can span days and multiple witnesses, albeit in a sort of broken up format or sequence. Did you find out about any other locals or military activity after your thing in the field? Or do you feel Rendlesham may have been the sort of response? In the way I might view the lady's account and the RAF light to be the sort of "RAF response" to the part I saw (which was nothing this air force had, and I saw it again in 2007, though nothing else seemed to happen locally around that sighting date). Granted, I don't know why the response to something in Warwickshire would take place at Rendlesham, and it's more likely the "landed in a field thing" was still doing its thing. But I'm wondering if you found any other activity in the area of your sighting for around the same time (afterall, the Rendlesham thing is well documented, maybe yours is also worth looking into the scope of it).
edit on 18-1-2018 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

If the two (three? you never hear about the other guy) actually encountered "the Phenomenon", it's totally plausible that they experienced a "psychological abduction" (conversion disorder/break with reality).

Experiencing "something" flips you right out of your mind.

But physical abduction? Not a chance.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Did either of the "experiencers" who say they experienced something, also experience
an "unnaturally quiet" phenomenon around the time of the "sighting"?

But it doesn't sound like you got "close enough" to experience the well-known
marker.

Kev

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
mirageman ah cool. Yeah I get a bit fuzzy and confused with this one lol. Maybe you can tell me where I'm right and wrong?

First event. One dude saw a light in the trees and ran toward it, he found himself then inside the craft, described as a sort of brain or something, I forget what happened there, then when he left he was subject to intense interrogation and possibly drugs and stuff.

Another guy or guys approached the craft and touched it, took note of the strange symbols, etc, not sure if this was the same time as the thing above if they were following the guy who "went inside" or whatever.

Second event. Then on a later night you have the Halt recording where they mostly just chased a dripping red light across some fields, not sure if the landing spot in that event is the same as the one in event 1?

Or if you know of a good thorough summation somewhere to read or watch, please let me know. It's been a while...

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

The Didcot UFO was an interesting read. One i had not heard of previously. Thank you for that.

As for what we witnessed back in December 1980, i have given thought to actually undergoing " Regression Hypnotherapy " to see if i can recall more detail in what i witnessed at that time.

The similarities to Rendlesham and to what we saw are to close to call. In my mind, i know they where the same.

I also believe that the Rendlesham Craft may have also been seen Leicestershire and Nottinghamshire border on the same night of December 24th 1980, near the M1 Motorway. I have had a search for information but have come up with nothing as yet.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Christmas Night 25th into 26th December 1980 – after reports of strange lights in Rendlesham Forest, three USAF security policeman are sent to investigate a possible downed aircraft from the nearby twin bases of Woodbridge and Bentwaters. One of the men, SSgt. Jim Penniston claims (in much later years) to have touched an unidentifiable black triangular craft with strange glyph like markings and received a ‘binary download’ from it. Nearby John Burroughs described it as a bank of lights in the forest whilst Ed Cabansag describes a similar experience to Burroughs. Neither of who saw Penniston close enough to a craft.

26th December 1980 – During daylight Penniston returns to the site and makes plaster casts of 3 equidistant indentations in the ground. Later that evening after further reports of lights in the forest a female shift commander ventures out into Rendlesham Forest , her patrol vehicle stalls and then a ball of blue light flies through the vehicle leaving her deeply traumatised and she is sent home.

Night of 27th/ into early morning Dec 28th 1980 – More UFO sightings are made and Colonel Charles Halt, the deputy base commander leads a team into the forest, who record non-hazardous but higher than normal radiation readings at a suspected landing site. They follow a strange glowing red light as it moves through the trees which then disintegrates into small lights that disappear. Thousands of feet in the air strange craft are reported firing beams of light downwards in the areas of the twin bases. Parts of Halt’s investigation are recorded on audio tape which is now in the public domain and commonly known as the Halt Tape.

edit on 18/1/2018 by mirageman because: edit

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

I almost wish that Jim hadn't revised his story to include a "BTUFO".

What I find puzzling, is that "BTUFO" were not all the rage until recently..
how did his mind pick that configuration?

Kev

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Bring back any memories?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join